Thread: Triumph update

Feedback Score

Triumph update

I have officially become pissed off at the triumph. I was at work with 2 bars of signal (on the roof of a vzw switch) and as soon as I start to use the internet I get the 3g drop to 1x and I lose a bar. It seems to me that no matter where I am or what I am doing the 3g drops to 1 when any data gets used. I am hoping that this is just a software problem that a upgrade/ update can fix.

Dose anyone have any experience with this problem or a fix for it?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qbus View Post
    I have officially become pissed off at the triumph. I was at work with 2 bars of signal (on the roof of a vzw switch) and as soon as I start to use the internet I get the 3g drop to 1x and I lose a bar. It seems to me that no matter where I am or what I am doing the 3g drops to 1 when any data gets used. I am hoping that this is just a software problem that a upgrade/ update can fix.

Dose anyone have any experience with this problem or a fix for it?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk
    Switching to airplane mode for 30 seconds usually fixes it.

CM7 fixes most of those data glitches. However, sometimes the tower will just drop you down to 1x despite having good signal.
    Nexus 5 rooted with ST AT&T LTE SIM & full Google Voice integration

Feedback Score
    I use this app and have it set on the bottom dock on Go Launcher, it's quicker and more convenient.

https://market.android.com/details?i...artConnections

Feedback Score
    I have a theory that, that behavior is due to Sprint prioritizing Sprint users to the tower. While you aren't actually using data - it lets you stay connected with 3G, but once you start using it - it drops you in order to accomodate the postpaid users.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've noticed this too on the Optimus Slider and Optimus V. I'll have a fair signal, 2 or 3 bars, start doing something with data (send a text, check email) and the signal will go to zero then 1x then I disconnect. When I stop using data, the signal will jump back up. It's like they drop me as soon as I start doing anything.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brachiopoid View Post
    I've noticed this too on the Optimus Slider and Optimus V. I'll have a fair signal, 2 or 3 bars, start doing something with data (send a text, check email) and the signal will go to zero then 1x then I disconnect. When I stop using data, the signal will jump back up. It's like they drop me as soon as I start doing anything.
    I think that's because the phone just overheats. anyway it only occurs like that for me in very low-data areas anyway... I don't really have a good explanation for why it takes a phone so much effort to "snap out" of being in 1x mode, except that maybe it decides to stay there until data has finished transferring...and then some.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    OP
    Sorry to hear.
    Since I got my Triumph replaced it has been decent, though I nolonger use VM. I have it set up as a dedicated voip phone for home use.
    All but two of the many problems I had with my MT are gone on this phone.
    I now use StraightTalk, one phone through ST/ATT and the other through ST/TM, both phones work well however I will suggest that if your phone works well and you get a firmware update for your phone Dont!!! Use it. I did on my LG Thrive and it broke Apps on the phone, so remember the old adage, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Have you called VM to see if maybe your data setting need to be reset? I had issues once last year with them and they reset my connection on their end and it fixed the problem.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile (Galaxy S5) Tracfone (Galaxy Centura) & AT&T (HTC Desire 610)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wonshikee View Post
    I have a theory that, that behavior is due to Sprint prioritizing Sprint users to the tower. While you aren't actually using data - it lets you stay connected with 3G, but once you start using it - it drops you in order to accomodate the postpaid users.
    That certainly makes sense. There are some parts of the city in which I live (the downtown area being the worst) where my data speeds make the phone virtually unusable for even basic web browsing. Meanwhile, if I'm out in less densely populated "suburban" areas, the speeds tend to be acceptable.

I guess you have to a figure a concentrated area that has office buildings with lots of people on smartphones (most of whom are Sprint postpaid, not VM) are going to shove me to the back of a very long line.

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well damn, that happens on my OV all the time, I just thought it was VM's poor data, but it does make sense about Sprint users getting it first before us. I will have 2-3 sometimes 4 bars and as soon as I try using data it drops to 0-1 bar and stays till done and or switches to 1x. Doesnt do it everytime I use data, sometimes stays on 3g but I get 1x speeds lol
    NHCharmedOne

My opinions are mine, not yours, no one says you have to agree with them! =)

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NHCharmedOne View Post
    Well damn, that happens on my OV all the time, I just thought it was VM's poor data, but it does make sense about Sprint users getting it first before us. I will have 2-3 sometimes 4 bars and as soon as I try using data it drops to 0-1 bar and stays till done and or switches to 1x. Doesnt do it everytime I use data, sometimes stays on 3g but I get 1x speeds lol
    The only obvious fact here is that 1x connections guarantee inferior speeds. 3G is only a data connection technology, and doesn't promise anything except what VM wants to give us. And Virgin Mobile's sparse communications on customer support really suggest they're telling their customers what they wish was true, not what really IS true.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just stopped trying to explain my problems to. Customer service, they keep telling me different things each time, so I gave up lol

Feedback Score
    I did the cm7 and it seems to be working a bit better. All I know for sure is I am looking at an unlocked note and the t-mobile 35 plan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qbus View Post
    I did the cm7 and it seems to be working a bit better. All I know for sure is I am looking at an unlocked note and the t-mobile 35 plan

Note doesn't work well on tmobile, you will only get 2G (EDGE) speed. It was the SINGLE factor in me getting a galaxy nexus instead of the note =:: (

Basically the same as 1x on Sprint.