Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Howto manually program Droid 2 on Pageplus my internet isnt working except on wifi

Phones
    Motorola Razr V3m, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid2 Global (white)
    Motorola Droid X2
    Motorola RAZR V3M
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)

Howto manually program Droid 2 on Pageplus my internet isnt working except on wifi

Hey guys and gals
    I need your help
    I have a page plus account I always get the $55 dollars unlimited plan, unlimited talk, text and 1gb of data
    my problem is I cant get my 3g to connect to get on the internet away from home it just aint working
    If I get on WIFI at home the data works via wifi ONLY
    How do I go about programming my phone to be able to use the 3G data I have used none of my 1GB worth of data this month or any month this far.

I have already reset the phone back to factory and that didnt fix it

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    No modifications are required on a Vzw Droid 2 to be fully functional on PPC. The things I can think of are 1) cellular data might be turned off in the phone settings 2) the phone could be defective, or 3) it isn't set up correctly on PPC's side. After you verify that cellular data is turned on in the phone settings, I would call PPC CS to verify that data is actually turned on for your account. If they say it is, ask them to turn it off. Then ask them to turn it on. If you still have no data, call PPC CS and ask them to do an ESN reset. After that, if data still doesn't work, it might be your phone. A good way to test that is to put a different phone on your account to see if data works. If it does, the Droid 2 might be defective.
    Last edited by Boz1; 03-01-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Feedback Score

Phones
    Droid 4
    Droid 3
    Droid 4
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Check your settings on the Phone- specifically goto Settings, Battery and Data Manager, Data Delivery and then make sure Data enabled is checked. Have you rooted (or anyone) - in which case you will have a Superuser app on the phone. If it has been rooted, then there are other apps like Droidwall which can turn off 3G data usage also. Both those are showing correctly, then you may need to verify that PPC has your account enabled for data on their end. If in doubt (some have reported that the customer service have reported data enabled for an account but was not). Also there are some reporting that if you assign a temporary ESN to the account and then again have the phone's ESN assigned to the account a second time.

Feedback Score
    can you help me hook up my droid 4 to page plus cellular

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasue00 View Post
    can you help me hook up my droid 4 to page plus cellular
    This is a 4G phone and PPC doesn't support 4G. You'll have to research how to get talk and text, and possibly some kind of data, just not 4G.

Feedback Score
    mrwsga

How did you make out?

Feedback Score
    is there a way to manually activate a droid x on page plus

Carrier
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    There should be nothing required to use Droid X on PP other than activating a plan. If you have another phone already, just do an ESN change via chat.

Sent with the HoFo App

Phone
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one of these in hand here. Something strangely wrong with it. *228 (or variations) result in no data. Manual programming gets 1x at best.

Feedback Score
    Another thing that can be possible with some of these phones is that if they have ever been flashed to another provider such as Metro PCS it is possible that the spc has been changed. If it is anything other than 000000 It will not ota correctly to ppc. Other than that it is probably account or hardware related. There are manual programming guides for D1, D2, DX, and such on this forum you will just have to substitute the ppc info.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    I have one of these in hand here. Something strangely wrong with it. *228 (or variations) result in no data. Manual programming gets 1x at best.
    That isn't normal. *228, Option 1 is all that should be required to program a Droid X for PPC. Your statement about something wrong is definitely right!

Feedback Score
    I just remembered also that unless it has been flashed for use on another provider the moto's keep the correct data infomation programmed anyways and it cannot be changed even manually unless you change a specific nv item to allow the settings to be saved. I have had some phones added to my account on ppc lose data and I had to swap esns to a temp and then back before it would work even with resets and such through customer service.

Phone
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Customer claimed the device was a brand new purchase. New used maybe? It sure didn't look like a week old phone to me. Very possible it was programmed to a different carrier at some point. Forget about the device pulling its own 3g keys, even with provided valid 3g keys, it still failed to establish the connection and would only sync up at 1x. It was funny to see the build date - 3510. Why someone would buy such a device is beyond me.

Either way, they were able to return it. Sold them on going with one of the moto g's instead. No removable battery/sd slot, but better in every other way in comparison.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Customer claimed the device was a brand new purchase. New used maybe? It sure didn't look like a week old phone to me. Very possible it was programmed to a different carrier at some point. Forget about the device pulling its own 3g keys, even with provided valid 3g keys, it still failed to establish the connection and would only sync up at 1x. It was funny to see the build date - 3510. Why someone would buy such a device is beyond me. Either way, they were able to return it. Sold them on going with one of the moto g's instead. No removable battery/sd slot, but better in every other way in comparison.
    Just FYI, the reason somebody would "buy such a device" is because the Droid X is a good 3G (only) device that, if it hadn't been previously modified and/or was defective in some other way, would work on PPC with no modification required, and would be a solid device with no worries of it becoming unflashed at some point due to an OTA update or some other reason. Another reason would be the $40-ish dollar price tag for one in good condition from an eBay seller, compared to around $200 (based on what I've read on forums) for a flashed Moto G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast