Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ordered AT&T SIM - No confirmation email

Feedback Score

Question Ordered AT&T SIM - No confirmation email

Hi all,

After doing a lot of reading on these forums I've finally taken the plunge to try out the service from Straight Talk.

Currently I have the Motorola Triumph on Virgin Mobile and the service has been pretty decent but the phone is really bad. I can't put up with it any more so I bought a new Samsung Infuse 4G which I'm looking forward to using on Straight Talk.

I ordered the AT&T SIM card on Thursday but I have not received any confirmation emails or anything that will tell me then it will be shipped. Is this normal?

When I go to 'Track Your Order' page and enter my email and order number it doesn't show me any shipping info either. All I have is 'AT&T SIM Card -In progress'.

How long does it usually take to process? My Infuse should be here today and I can't wait to start using it.

Thanks

Rich

Carrier
    ST - Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
    Feedback Score
    I'd check with them through Facebook. I ordered my 2 sims and within 1 hour received a confirmation of order via email and at the 5 hour mark a second email indicating they shipped them. I chose the free shipping option with 3 day delivery and the sims arrived in two days! Once you receive the sim, just follow the directions. It's so easy a caveman could do it. You'll be up and running in about 10 minutes.

Feedback Score
    Do your shipping and billing addresses match identically? If they don't, their loss prevention department will give you an automated call, telling you to give them a call and leave them a voicemail, at which point, an actual person will then call you. It sounds like a crazy setup, and indeed it is. I left them 3 voice mails, and they never called me back, instead cancelled my order. Your best bet is to just place another order where the billing and shipping addresses match.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Took ~6 days after placing my order to get a confirmation email. I think they're just swamped.
    Nexus 5 rooted with ST AT&T LTE SIM & full Google Voice integration

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I asked a similar question last week, wondering about my order. Two other people confirmed having placed orders on the same day saturday or a few days later monday.

One got his delivered 1 day early tuesday, the other had already gotten email confirmation, where I didn't get a confirmation email for 6 days, until I cancelled as well.

Although this was my 5th order, all similar to the previous, using different billing and shipping addresses. Which I have to in order to have someone available to receive and sign for the delivery.

First 2 orders went through easy and quick, confirmation and delivery emails back to back, shortly after placing the orders. The third I got a call from loss prevention. they never returned the call, I contacted FB support and then I received an authorized purchase confirmation email, then a shipped email.

The 4th (3day) and 5th (next day), no email confirmation, no call, no status, perpetual "in progress" 6 days later, while others confirmed receiving there's.

No sure what's going on. YMMV

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all of the replies.

My shipping address is different from my billing! So it looks like I will have to give them a call to see if they can sort this out for me.

Feedback Score
    i placed my order today and received an order confirmation within probably 20 minutes. Being saturday it likely won't ship for a while but I can wait. Looking forward to switching services though.

Carrier
    Ting, Republic Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Clockcycle,

Were all your orders SIM orders, or did you order handsets as well?

Quote Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
    I asked a similar question last week, wondering about my order. Two other people confirmed having placed orders on the same day saturday or a few days later monday.

One got his delivered 1 day early tuesday, the other had already gotten email confirmation, where I didn't get a confirmation email for 6 days, until I cancelled as well.

Although this was my 5th order, all similar to the previous, using different billing and shipping addresses. Which I have to in order to have someone available to receive and sign for the delivery.

First 2 orders went through easy and quick, confirmation and delivery emails back to back, shortly after placing the orders. The third I got a call from loss prevention. they never returned the call, I contacted FB support and then I received an authorized purchase confirmation email, then a shipped email.

The 4th (3day) and 5th (next day), no email confirmation, no call, no status, perpetual "in progress" 6 days later, while others confirmed receiving there's.

No sure what's going on. YMMV
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I no longer see messages from these users (and won't respond to them):
    pfoneguy, rcentros.

Feedback Score
    I just ordered an Infuse, too. Let me know how you like. Which sim from ST do I buy?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeLiberty View Post
    I just ordered an Infuse, too. Let me know how you like. Which sim from ST do I buy?
    I got my phone and it's really nice, way better than the Motorola Triumph that I'm currently using. I'm just waiting for my SIM card to come so I can test it out properly.

I ordered the ST AT&T SIM card as I want to get HSPA+ internet which is also one of the reasons why I went for the Infuse. I don't know if you can get the same speeds with the ST T-Mobile SIM. I unlocked my Infuse the day I got it and tried my T-Mobile SIM and it shows Edge only.

ST's customer service is pretty poor though. I wasted an hour this morning trying to track down my order. First I was told that everything is good and I will get it in 3 days, but when I asked for a specific date I was passed on to someone else who said that I will get a phone call about my order. I wasn't told when someone would call and I'm still waiting.......

All this wait better be worth it.

Feedback Score
    Don't know how long it has been since you placed the order, but it took about 10 min for my confirmation to come in.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Phone
    Note II Repaired after SDS
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    My order confirmation took 72 hours to arrive. They really are all over the board with this.
    Go GSM! Switch phones on demand.

Feedback Score

sim

Quote Originally Posted by vRS07 View Post
    I got my phone and it's really nice, way better than the Motorola Triumph that I'm currently using. I'm just waiting for my SIM card to come so I can test it out properly.

I ordered the ST AT&T SIM card as I want to get HSPA+ internet which is also one of the reasons why I went for the Infuse. I don't know if you can get the same speeds with the ST T-Mobile SIM. I unlocked my Infuse the day I got it and tried my T-Mobile SIM and it shows Edge only.

ST's customer service is pretty poor though. I wasted an hour this morning trying to track down my order. First I was told that everything is good and I will get it in 3 days, but when I asked for a specific date I was passed on to someone else who said that I will get a phone call about my order. I wasn't told when someone would call and I'm still waiting.......

All this wait better be worth it.
    yes but what size the micro or standard??

Feedback Score
    Wait, do you guys get free shipping?
    There was no free shipping option when i checked out.
    The cheapest option that was available to me is fedex 3 days shipping for $4.95.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    i got free shipping with the 3 day. Made up for the sales tax. In any case my card arrives on Thursday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast