Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Nokia Lumia 710 4G Becomes the Third Best-Selling Device For T-Mobile

Source: http://solar-panel-reviews.org/2012/...-for-t-mobile/

Carrier T-Mobile has reported that the Nokia Lumia 710 4G has become the third-best selling phone for its US operations. This is much more impressive a feat the phone’s January 2012 appearance is factored in to the whole mix.

In a little over a month’s time, the phone has done unexpectedly well in the market. T-Mobile is certainly pleased with this performance and its 4G network is finally seeing some real action.

The smartphone’s performance has been completely unexpected in the market, even by Nokia’s present CEO Stephen Elop. The Chief said during the Mobile World Congress (MWC 2012) in Barcelona that the Nokia Lumia 710 4G has performed beyond the official expectation and the company is proud to have made it.

The Lumia phone is part Nokia’s attempt at making a come back to the mobile world after years of bleeding market share in the US and the Europe thanks to the iPhone and then the Android. Nokia’s attempt at building a competitive smartphone failed once with its Linux-based Maemo OS. Now it looks like Nokia is back on its feet as far smartphones are concerned. With a little help from Microsoft as well.

The Lumia 710 4G ranks right after the T-Mobile HTC Amaze 4G, which again is behind the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II. Even with the short period of time for which it has been available to the masses, the Lumia phone has thus outsold a lot of other good smartphones and is trailing behind two of the most in-demand phones in the market.

This popularity pleases both carrier and manufacturer and is gong to have a similar effect on both. With the Lumia 710 4G, Nokia has once again proved that they can indeed fight back. Nokia’s big come back was announced at last year’s Mobile World Congress, where the shift from Symbian to Windows Phone was made public.

So it is quite impressive that they have made their come back so quick and started regaining lost market share. For the largest phone manufacturer in the world, this is definitely quite a bit of good news.

The Lumia 710 carries the trademark hardiness and material quality that Nokia has become known for the world over. This mid-range phone’s pricing is actually deceptive for the amount of power that it packs in its belly.

The Nokia Lumia 710 4G is a Windows Phone 7.5 Mango device that packs in a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon (MSM8255) SoC along with the 1.4GHz Scorpion processor. It has 512MB system memory and 8GB internal storage. It comes with a 3.7inch TFT touchscreen display which in reality looks more like the superior Super-AMOLED type display thanks to its brilliance. It has a 800×480 resolution, which gives it a very good PPI amount for its display’s size. The display also incorporates Nokia’s ‘Clear Black’ technology that makes for rich colors that pop. It comes with a 5MP camera sensor and can capture 720p video at 30fps. And that is Nokia’s midrange for you.

Feedback Score
    Is there a way to use this device to tether or is that feature still blocked?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    I think it was on sale the other day for $199 w/o contract which is a great deal. Wish I could've grabbed one as I'm thinking of switching to T-Mo.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I dont see how this phone sold well since it has WP7.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using HowardForums
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16 View Post

I think that's the point. WP7.5 is a hit with consumers. I don't think Android is the end all and be all that a lot of Android users think it is. Sometimes ordinary consumers are better served by a closed source operating system than an open one.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I think that's the point. WP7.5 is a hit with consumers. I don't think Android is the end all and be all that a lot of Android users think it is. Sometimes ordinary consumers are better served by a closed source operating system than an open one.
    The interface is horrible. Closed isnt the word.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score

It sells well to customers who would have bought a dumb phone otherwise. Probably the same demographic that uses stock Powerpoint clipart, never upgraded Internet Explorer 6, and pays for the Best Buy extended warranty.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    I get ads and emails from T-Mobile all the freaking time. Everyone I log into my.T-Mobile.com, the first thing I always see is "FREE NOKIA LUMINA!" Not even mail in rebate..

Sent from my GT-P7500 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danska View Post
    " LUMINA!"
    I remember those cars back in the 90's. Don't see a lot of them around anymore.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The interface is horrible. Closed isnt the word.

Matter of opinion. Some like it, some don't.
    SE Collection:
    Z800i (x2)(x1 sold)
    Z710i (sold)
    Z610i
    Z558i
    Z550a (sold)
    Z600 (x2 sold)
    P800 (sold)
    W300i
    W600i
    W710i
    W800i
    W950i
    K750i

Motorola:
    Mpx (Mpx300) (sold)
    Krzr K1 (sold)
    Razr V3 (sold)
    V80 (x5) (x2 sold)

Samsung:
    T509
    T629 (sold)
    V205 (lost)
    D307 (lost)
    D415
    E715 (sold)
    E105 (sold)
    R225 (lost)
    C417 (x4)

Nokia:
    3220 (sold)
    3595 (x3) (x2 sold)
    6133 (sold)
    8290 (lost)
    N81 8GB (STOLEN)

Siemens:
    S56 (sold)
    SX1

Blackberry:

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    I wasn't happy with it. The layout looked like something of a tonka toy.
    Attachment 79356
    They really should have gotten some advertising with that Dr. Seuss movie.. The phone's look perfect for that. lmao

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Our company has moved away from RIM/BlackBerry for the most part so I got a few to test.

To be honest it's a good phone for those who don't need something powerful. But all in all the devices kept freezing up when trying to navigate while polling email.

I even got complaints about the lock screen failing to open with normal swiping etc.

I'm not going to order anymore at this point. I'll wait for something more powerful with Mobile HotSpot for WP7.

I like Android (personally) but I don't want to be the bearer of battery related complaints from the staff so it's still a challenge to deploy them in mass for corporate use.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Is there a way to use this device to tether or is that feature still blocked?
    currently that is still not a feature, but hopefully in the future, they are planning on adding wifi hotspot capability. Hopefully that is not blocked by T-mobile though.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/16/28...thering-update

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Tango update may add wifi hotspot capability to the 710. Finally!
    http://www.tmonews.com/2012/06/nokia...ing-june-20th/

Device(s)
    Nokia C7 Belle
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nice. If only Zune would connect to the Lumia.
    I tried deleting certificates and renaming the folder in RSA...and nothing.
    I'll wait till it shows up of Phoenix Service Software. I want to interop unlock it anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast