Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nokia Lumia 710 4G Becomes the Third Best-Selling Device For T-Mobile

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twinight View Post
    Nice. If only Zune would connect to the Lumia.
    I tried deleting certificates and renaming the folder in RSA...and nothing.
    I'll wait till it shows up of Phoenix Service Software. I want to interop unlock it anyway.
    looks like it has been confirmed for 6/27
    http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/20/30...ia-800-june-27

Feedback Score
    Plugged phone into laptop to brink up Zune and just as I suspected, no update. Not really too concerned though. I'm pretty much done with this phone. It hasn't held up well under heavy use. First the USB charging port has somehow become worn so that the connection doesn't always stay connected. Sometimes it charges, sometimes it doesn't. It often loses the connection and regains it on a random basis, you can tell by the chime it emits after initially plugging it in, it now chimes every few minutes while plugged in. ( I've used several chargers included a new one and it still reacts the same so I know that it's the phone) Car charger loses power when I plug it into phone so it's practically useless there. With a short battery life and bad charging leads this phone has got to go. Random reboots sometimes, not often though. Microphone is bad. Have to practically place phone in my mouth for people to hear me. Automated voice systems have a hard time deciphering digital input. For instance when a company ask you to press 1 for English , the system won't recognize it and will keep you on and endless loop of pressing numbers with no feedback. Extremely frustrating.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XRISTO View Post
    Plugged phone into laptop to brink up Zune and just as I suspected, no update. Not really too concerned though. I'm pretty much done with this phone. It hasn't held up well under heavy use. First the USB charging port has somehow become worn so that the connection doesn't always stay connected. Sometimes it charges, sometimes it doesn't. It often loses the connection and regains it on a random basis, you can tell by the chime it emits after initially plugging it in, it now chimes every few minutes while plugged in. ( I've used several chargers included a new one and it still reacts the same so I know that it's the phone) Car charger loses power when I plug it into phone so it's practically useless there. With a short battery life and bad charging leads this phone has got to go. Random reboots sometimes, not often though. Microphone is bad. Have to practically place phone in my mouth for people to hear me. Automated voice systems have a hard time deciphering digital input. For instance when a company ask you to press 1 for English , the system won't recognize it and will keep you on and endless loop of pressing numbers with no feedback. Extremely frustrating.
    There's a trick to get the update on zune. I think someone posted it on xda. That's the only way I got it to update. I have problems with my internet sometimes but that's about. I can finally tether my 710 when needed now though! Alsoim glad they fixed the disappearing keyboard.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16 View Post
    Closed isnt the word.
    Hilarious--trying to think of the right word. :scratches head:

Feedback Score
    Was finally able to update it later in the day. I'm using Minimo 0.025(linux arm) on User Agent Switcher which seems to give a full desktop webpage. Does anyone know what device uses that browser or better yet which browser is best for covering the tether but maintaining the full desktop version of websites? Might just keep this phone for tethering backup only. Also, does email clients like Windows Live Mail app alert tmobile of the tether?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16 View Post
    I dont see how this phone sold well since it has WP7.
    Just so you know, I loathe Microsoft. I'm old school. BUT:

The reviews across Tmo (at least Lumia, I know HTC less), AT&T (I think most or all), Verizon, Amazon are nearly unanimously positive. I don't know if its Windows or the manufacturing but there has certainly has been fewer problems reported than with other low- and mid-range android. And I'm not blaming android. Maybe low-end and android just don't fit in general. Seems the Exhibit has done well and some mytouch. Ohhh, btw, I'm impressed by the success of the Blaze.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=cmstlist;14744981]It sells well to customers who would have bought a dumb phone otherwise./QUOTE]

And it seems those same people can handle that; and can't handle other ones.

Feedback Score

Stereotype Much?

[QUOTE=Steveanderson13;14849288]
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    It sells well to customers who would have bought a dumb phone otherwise./QUOTE] And it seems those same people can handle that; and can't handle other ones.
    I could see where someone might make a blanket statement like that but for myself it's mostly about the quality of the hardware and the OS. I love Android and starting to like WP7 as it evolves. It's intuitive and the Lumia is lightning fast despite its shortcomings. I've had numerous top of the line HTC products with Android but sold or returned all of them mainly because the speakerphone on all of them sounded like crap. A cheap Nokia flip has a better sounding speaker than most all HTC's. Samsung is somewhat better but I was waiting for Nokia to come out with a solid device on tmobile. I'm still waiting.

Device(s)
    LG Thrive
    Carrier(s)
    ST
    Feedback Score
    Can someone convince me to get this phone? my brother got one, and he says it is amazing..

Device(s)
    Nokia C7 Belle
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d4kc9 View Post
    Can someone convince me to get this phone? my brother got one, and he says it is amazing..
    Nope. Buy a different phone if your own brother and other reviews are not convincing enough.
    Seriously.

Device(s)
    LG Thrive
    Carrier(s)
    ST
    Feedback Score
    Nope. Buy a different phone if your own brother and other reviews are not convincing enough.
    Seriously.
    was hoping someone would say don't touch it with a six foot pole or you're mad if you don't get it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d4kc9 View Post
    was hoping someone would say don't touch it with a six foot pole or you're mad if you don't get it.
    I had high hopes for it but it's dead sitting in a drawer. I might've just received a lemon but the microphone was sub-par which made it difficult for callers to hear me unless I yelled into the phone. The USB connection stopped working essentially turning the phone into a paper weight because it wasn't able to charge. Fail... If you have to use it then buy some string and cups as backup.

Device(s)
    Nokia C7 Belle
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There you go. There will always be haters, guys who have defective phones who don't bother getting it warrantied, people who trip over the charging cable while the phone is plugged in. Of course there are plenty of others who like the phone just fine. If you live off apps, then get an android or Iphone. if you download movies, get a phone that uses a micoSD card If you want a fast OS that does the basic stuff very well, then this phone may suit you. I do hate that it doesn't have a charge Indicator light.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    people who trip over the charging cable while the phone is plugged in.
    I did this to my Bionic; ruined the cable plug only. Phone is fine.

Feedback Score
    There you go. There will always be haters, guys who have defective phones who don't bother getting it warrantied, people who trip over the charging cable while the phone is plugged in. Of course there are plenty of others who like the phone just fine. If you live off apps, then get an android or Iphone. if you download movies, get a phone that uses a micoSD card If you want a fast OS that does the basic stuff very well, then this phone may suit you. I do hate that it doesn't have a charge Indicator light.
    I wouldn't say that I hate the phone. Like I said, I had high hopes for it and actually loved it until it started going down hill. Why place blame and shame on the consumer when it's the manufacturer's fault? I had the charging cable routed through a handle on my nightstand to specifically avoid tripping over it. It wasn't defective when I bought it so it just died from normal wear and tear. It's been less than a year so I assume it still has a warranty on it. ( I've tried numerous other cables with the phone that don't work either so I know it's not the cable) I've already moved on to the Radar and am just trying to forget the horrible experience. Two other people in my group have the phone with no issues so again the one I had was probably just a fluke. I do love the voice navigation which works without any special apps and the voice prompts that ask me if I want to hear incoming text read aloud and then ask if I want to reply through voice allowing me to send a text without touching my phone. My friend's Exhibit android phone doesn't do either of those very well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2