Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Droid4 vs Razr Maxx

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Droid4 vs Razr Maxx

Sorry if this has been asked, I did a search but didnt find what I was looking for.

Aside from cosmetics, are the internal specs of these phones the same? I have gotten so disconnected from cell phones, I dont know what does what anymore. And to those who have tested both, which had the better reception all around?

If this has been addressed, a copy and paste of the link would ne fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using HowardForums
    What Is A Veteran?
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Feedback Thread
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...7#post11490557

Feedback Score
    They do have similar internal specs. Biggest difference is physical keyboard on D4 and none on Maxx as I would guess was obvious. Maxx has way more battery capacity(almost double) and larger screen. Maxx has AMOLED screen, while D4 has LCD and both are Pentile(check out both screens as they are quite different even though speced similarly). Have to remove backplate to get to sim and MicroSD on D4, but on Maxx its under flapper cover on side. That's about it. Maxx is all about the bigger battery and screen and D4 all about having a physical qwerty, but are quite similar otherwise.

Biggest change from you DX other than LTE, faster processors, and obvious aesthetic difference is the move to a permanent battery and the new display types that are pentile.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply. I used to be all about the physical keyboard because I used to be a blackberry guy. But I am kind of used to the virtual one now, even though I still get fat fingered from time to time. This is by far the hardest decision but I think the battery life alone is worth the jump to the Maxx. My DX is dead just before the end of the day with average use. I think the Maxx is in my future!

I have read that people were hearing a rattling when talking. Is that still an issue?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slimrob View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I used to be all about the physical keyboard because I used to be a blackberry guy. But I am kind of used to the virtual one now, even though I still get fat fingered from time to time. This is by far the hardest decision but I think the battery life alone is worth the jump to the Maxx. My DX is dead just before the end of the day with average use. I think the Maxx is in my future!

I have read that people were hearing a rattling when talking. Is that still an issue?

Not sure on the rattling. That was someone on here who reviewed it and noticed such a thing, but that was the only place I heard about it in any of the reviews I read so not sure if it was a common issue or not?

Maxx would be cool for battery life I figure. I would rather have a removable battery and hump back extended in the end though personally. Also make sure you are happy with the new pentile screens before you buy. I am REALLY critical of them, but I really liked the screens on the OG Droid and Droid X. Some like these newer screens as they are more colorful and bright in a way. They aren't sharper as the higher resolution and pixel count suggest though. If you aren't picky about that it will be no big deal, but I am very picky about sharpness and color accuracy.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I went and looked at the phones in the store. The screen looked fine to me, so Im assuming it's not something I would mind. I too prefer the extended battery ans being able to change batteries, but I fear as time goes on, more and more phone are going to built in batteries. In short, I feel we (you and I) are delaying whats going to happen anyway.

I was going to go D4 until I saw its battery was also non-removable. Such a hard decision.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just road-test'em. I wouldn't want a non-removable battery (I got the Bionic) but you might as well have the Maxx in that case.

Device(s)
    Storm2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm in the exact same boat, debating between the Maxx and the D4. I have a Blackberry Storm2 and really love the tactile keyboard. It's been a couple of years since I've tried a touchscreen keyboard, though a friend has an iPhone and I hate typing on it.

I'm just disappointed with BB and the lack of software development for the BB these days. Don't get me wrong, I love my Storm2, but I've had about three or four outages with BB's service and that's annoying when you rely SO MUCH on email - I'm a business user. Phone and email is number 1 important to me, and then apps and such are second. I had a Samsung Omnia once and downright hated it. After six months, I stopped using it and went back to my old phone and then six months later, got my Storm2.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I pulled the trigger and went with the Maxx. Now if only the darn thing would ship...

Feedback Score
    slimrob, gl on your new MAXX!! do share your experience w/it

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I too am waiting to read more feedback on the new Maxx. Currently have the X2 which has been an excellent phone.
    “The strength of an individual is not measured by how much one can control others, but by how much one can control oneself.” Hidy Ochiai

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Mine will be delivered on wednesday. I will post my opinions after about a weeks worth of use.

Device(s)
    Storm2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yup, pulled the trigger this weekend and went for the Razr Maxx. It doesn't ship until Wednesday the 21st (the rep told me it either ships on the 21st, or you'll get it on the 21st. In any case, I'm getting it next week. :-)

Feedback Score
    Some MAXX'x user report unusually short (8-9) battery hours before needing re-charge. Moto will probably have a s/w update

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    After my initial charge, I unplugged mine at 1:00pm on 3-15-12. After about 2 hours of pandora radio streaming, one phone call (not much of a talker) an average bit of internet surfing and lots of text messaging. I had to charge mine again on 3-17-12 at about 9pm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slimrob View Post
    After my initial charge, I unplugged mine at 1:00pm on 3-15-12. After about 2 hours of pandora radio streaming, one phone call (not much of a talker) an average bit of internet surfing and lots of text messaging. I had to charge mine again on 3-17-12 at about 9pm.
    Nice, that's awesome! Every LTE phone needs a battery like that! I just bought a Maxx on ebay because I'm sick of having to worry about my Nexus (extended) battery dying.

Was your use of the phone on 4G?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast