Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Droid4 vs Razr Maxx

Feedback Score
    Sorry to dash your hopes! That will never happen, the first VZW employee that will approve it will become a customer. There is no unlimited data on tablets @ VZW, only "free" choice is wifi on someone's elses SSID.

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    I am negotiating for an LTE Xoom and I hope to port my grandfathered unlimited sim into that...

( By DX w/HoFo app. )

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Done happened!

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...rd-Galaxy-iPad

If you wish to discuss it further we should move to that thread.

Perspective instantiates reality.
    ( By DX w/HoFo app. )
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 04-01-2012 at 06:24 AM.
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The problem is, there are always going to be new things in the pipeline. No matter what phone you get, the next best thing is just around the corner. So, you pick the best phone for you RIGHT NOW and worry about the rest later. Right now, for me, the best phone is the Maxx. Big screen, great battery life, lte and fast processor...and yes, I realize a year from now it will be outdated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using HowardForums
    What Is A Veteran?
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Feedback Thread
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...7#post11490557

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    I prefer to get a phone I can afford to buy outright, if it's dated. To re-up, I need to grab a tier 1 handset early in it's lifecycle.

Any phone will be old tech after a year, or less, true. It's the loss of carrier support, more than the old tech, that worries me a little. Like this DX that I got used was released 20 months ago. It's had it's last OTA; orphaned so young...

Enjoy the RAZR MAXX, in any case.

( By DX w/HoFo app. )

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I hear ya. I guess its not really an issue for me because I generally change phones about once a year. I got the Maxx for my upgrade and next year, I will probably buy something that recently came out but is used. The last two phones I bought used were my BB Curve and the DX. Found killer deals on both from people who got their phones on discount but quickly realized, the phones were too much for them.

The point of my story is there are always options, even if you have to wait a little while. Realistically most phones are "manageable" to deal with until the next one comes along.

BTW, update on my Maxx. Battery with average use lasts about two days. I stream about an hours worth of Pandora daily and do quite a bit of MMA news reading and texting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Good battery times.

It's still best to charge often when possible, because all batteries tend to last longer if not discharged too deeply very often. And, remember that -- barring heroics -- that MAXX is trash when the battery wears out. In your case, frequent charging is about resale value -- since you swap phones often.

( By DX w/HoFo app. )

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This notion of the phone being "trash" if the battery wears out is ridiculous and needs to be put to rest.

Motorola has stated they can and will replace the battery if it wears out for around $50 and there are already third party RAZR to Maxx conversion kits available.

There will be more options as more devices with non removable batteries are released and those already out mature and require it.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    'I'm sorry the battery died in your RAZR. Here, let me show you this nice Droid Fighter...'

'Trash' is definitely the vzw perspective. There is no official vzw provision for replacing hardwired batteries. I suppose the D4 could still be a xmas tree ornament or a paperweight but vzw doesn't offer a way to continue its intended use at sale if the battery no longer works. And yes, I agree, it is "ridiculous".

Aftermarket third-party heroics maybe. But nothing from the retailer you bought it from.

How many people are really gonna box it up and ship it to Ft. Lauderdale or wherever? Very few folks have bought anything direct from Moto lately. Most cellphone buyers wouldn't think to look to Moto at all, unless vzw bothered to inform them of that option, at the store rep level.

As a purely practical matter, for a not insignificant proportion of buyers, when the battery gives up the ghost they will give up on the phone -- it will become "trash".

"Mature..."? Yeah, I'm a bit 'mature' myself. Hehe.
    Nice spin, I like it.

( By DX w/HoFo app. )
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 04-05-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3