Thread: Anyone looking for a cell phone number with no activation fee?

Feedback Score

Anyone looking for a cell phone number with no activation fee?

I have cancelled my cell service on a particular phone line and I was told by Verizon that I could attempt to sell my phone number, and that the person who took the phone number would not be charged the activation fee of $35.00, and I would not be charged for a termination fee. I figured I would give it a try. It's called an Assumption of Liability, and according to Verizon you can then change the phone # if you take it over if you want to, and can use on most devices. This is new to me, so if anyone has additional information, I would appreciate it and if anyone is interested please let me know!
    Thanks!
    Jess

Feedback Score

more info

According to Verizon, I am not selling my plan, just the phone number. In other words, if someone wanted to activate a phone with Verizon, they can use my number and choose any plan they want that suits their needs. The only part of my contract that would carry over to the person assuming the line would be the contract end date - you would be in a contract until 7/17/12 for whichever plan you choose. This saves the person signing up the $35.00 activation fee.