Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG800G and weather app?

Feedback Score

LG800G and weather app?

Lg800g
    I thought I post this question previously, but cannot find the posting.
    Is there any weather app/widget that would on the LG800G (on the main screen)?
    If so, would it be a free download or would I have to belong to the download company? I would like to download to my comuter and then transfer to the SD card I have on the LG800G.
    Just a simple weather app/widget that would should temp, etc.
    If couldn't be put on the main scren, maybe something to put in My Stuff. I'm just guessing here as I am a novice at all of this and don't know anything about apps or adding/download apps, etc. Just trying to learn, which is a bit difficult at my age.

Is the LG800G considered an Adroid or must I only search for apps that will specifically work on the LG800G? So confusing for a newcomer.

Most of the ones I have seen can only be downloaded if you do some sort of a "sign-in," etc. Or should I just give up trying to get a the weather on this LG800G?

LG800G Tracfone

Feedback Score
    Just keep this in mind: If a weather app is running on the main screen, that would need something like an internet connection running all the time to feed in the report. You don't want to do this. Your minutes will be gone in no time. Even assuming that there is such an app for this phone. It is not an Android. That is a certain kind of operating system, you know, like Windows or Mac. Tracfones just have a really plain, low-tech setup. It's not for having something running all the time. When the phone is on, the only thing that should be running is the regular phone part, not the internet part. That's just for special occasions, in my opinion. It isn't very good and it's expensive.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Here is a thread that might help you with Java apps (the only ones that will work). Also search "LG800G apps". You can not add anything to the main screen, only move up/move down those that are hidden at the bottom of the main screen.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ight=800G+apps

Feedback Score
    Thank you. I have a 4GB SD card inserted and nothing on it. How about the card game Solitaire? Is there some way I can download the Solitaire card game to the SD card and use it to play Solitaire on my LG800G (Tracfone)? If that is possible, where can I get such a game for free and download it to my computer and then transfer to the LG800G?
    Which Solitaire game would work on the LG800G? Do they all use Java? Do I have Java on this LG800G. If not, can Java be installed?
    So confusing for this novice!!

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alicez View Post
    Thank you. I have a 4GB SD card inserted and nothing on it. How about the card game Solitaire? Is there some way I can download the Solitaire card game to the SD card and use it to play Solitaire on my LG800G (Tracfone)? If that is possible, where can I get such a game for free and download it to my computer and then transfer to the LG800G?
    Which Solitaire game would work on the LG800G? Do they all use Java? Do I have Java on this LG800G. If not, can Java be installed?
    So confusing for this novice!!
    Yes it runs mobile Java games. Java is pre-installed.

I can't say for sure they will work on the LG 800, but Sol http://boostapps.com/games/sol/ and Solytare http://boostapps.com/games/solytare/ are two free Klondike Solitaire games that work on most Java phones.

Create a folder named "other" (without the quotes) on the card. Download both the jad and jar files for one or both games from the links above to your PC and copy them into the other folder using a data cable or card reader.

With the data cable disconected or the card back in the phone (if you used a card reader), tap the menu (four dots) icon, swipe the screen to go to the second homescreen, tap My Stuff then Other files and then tap one of the jad files you copied to the card.
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Feedback Score
    There is already a folder named Others on there. Is that the same or should I create another folder called = Other?

Feedback Score
    There is already a folder named Others on there. Is that the same or should I create another folder called = Other?

I did create Other file and copied both (4) to the card. Clicked on the sol.jad and solitare screen came up but could not move any of the cards.
    Also, when I clicked on Soloytasre.jad, got Invalid descriptor

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score

I did create Other file and copied both (4) to the card. Clicked on the sol.jad and solitare screen came up but could not move any of the cards.
    Also, when I clicked on Soloytasre.jad, got Invalid descriptor
    Yeah, I think maybe you can use any folder. I just tried those games on a touch screen phone. You're right about Sol it's not touch enabled at all.

With Solytare see if it will install by taping the jar file. That worked for me on a Nokia touch screen phone. Solytare is somewhat touch aware but cumberson on a touch screen. You can't move cards by dragging them, you have to press and hold until it says "click" and then tap the word click and then go to where you want to move the card and do the same thing.

There's a long thread on here titled "How to with the LG800G" and people in it have posted about games and apps they've found that work well on the phone.

Feedback Score
    I decided to download from the Internal Buy Games downloader and got Platinum Solitaire, but had to pay $4,00 for it. Not too much as I still have quite a few minutes left. Just didn't want to spend any more time looking around for a free Solitaire that would work on this LG800G.
    It is in the Games & Apps folder. I guess there is no way to transfer it into the the Other folder on my SD card. Now that I have the SD card, I can't seem to fill it up.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    I decided to download from the Internal Buy Games downloader and got Platinum Solitaire, but had to pay $4,00 for it. Not too much as I still have quite a few minutes left. Just didn't want to spend any more time looking around for a free Solitaire that would work on this LG800G.
    Funny that is what I just told you to do under your duplicate post in the other thread, they charged me about 14.97 minutes which worked out to about $1.50 or less.
    It is in the Games & Apps folder. I guess there is no way to transfer it into the the Other folder on my SD card. Now that I have the SD card, I can't seem to fill it up.
    Yes, you can move them to your external card, use My Stuff and find it under the phone and move it to wherever you want on the memory card. I moved all my apps to the Other folder on my memory card. Just to let you know the game is locked to the phone, if you move the card to a different phone the game won't work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    Funny that is what I just told you to do under your duplicate post in the other thread, they charged me about 14.97 minutes which worked out to about $1.50 or less.
    Yes, you can move them to your external card, use My Stuff and find it under the phone and move it to wherever you want on the memory card. I moved all my apps to the Other folder on my memory card. Just to let you know the game is locked to the phone, if you move the card to a different phone the game won't work.
    When I attach LG to the computer, all I see is the 4GB card. I do not see the LG listed anywhere.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    When I attach LG to the computer, all I see is the 4GB card. I do not see the LG listed anywhere.
    Yea, I saw the other post and put the directions over in that thread. You don't hook it to your computer to move the file, once it's on the phone you move it around on the phone from internal to external memory. Here is what I put in the other thread:
    "To move it you have to go ON YOUR PHONE to Tools (the little blue dice bottom right)>My Stuff folder on the second page of tools (slide the first out of the way to get to the second page)>Other Files. Your game will be in there, then you hit the menu button on the bottom left and select Move. Then put a check mark next to the game and select move, then you have to browse to the external memory card and tell it where on there you want it stored."

I can move purchased games that way, but the games that came pre-installed seem to be locked onto the internal memory. I never figured out how to move the pre-installed ones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    Yea, I saw the other post and put the directions over in that thread. You don't hook it to your computer to move the file, once it's on the phone you move it around on the phone from internal to external memory. Here is what I put in the other thread:
    "To move it you have to go ON YOUR PHONE to Tools (the little blue dice bottom right)>My Stuff folder on the second page of tools (slide the first out of the way to get to the second page)>Other Files. Your game will be in there, then you hit the menu button on the bottom left and select Move. Then put a check mark next to the game and select move, then you have to browse to the external memory card and tell it where on there you want it stored."

I can move purchased games that way, but the games that came pre-installed seem to be locked onto the internal memory. I never figured out how to move the pre-installed ones.
    Thank you. Sorry for causing you so much trouble. I am getting confused. When I look in the My Stuff there is only two files in there = desktop.ini / desktop.ini. No games, etc.
    But, as I said (I think), when I attach the LG to the computer, I see:4GB SANDISK (F, and in this folder are:

Documents
    Gallery
    Games and Applications, and in this folder:
    Folder called Uninst, and two files: 025.jad and 025.jar (which I presume are the Platinum Solitaire game files.
    And a few other file folders: Sounds, Others, Videos, etc.

That is why I think this is the 4GB SD card I installed. As I said, this is the only thing I see when I attach LG to computer, namely - 4GB SANDISK.. Nothing that says LG or anything like that.
    I am just wondering when LG downloaded that file and installed it, it might have been (automatically) installed to the SD card. Would you know? Maybe the SD card is the only thing that you can see when you attach the LG to computer. I don't know, as I am just a beginner, so I am just guessing and trying to figure out what is going on.

(When I go to Games and Applications on the LG, the Platinum Solitaire is in there (which would probably be in the 4GB SD card? Do you know?)

BTW: Did you only pay around a $1.50 for the Plat Sol when you downloaded from TracFone? I paid $4.90. But maybe you are not using TracFone/Gamelot. If I am paying 4 x what others are playing, I think I should complain to TracFone (whom I do not like at the moment!).

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    alicez,
    Before you do any of the following, goto the Games & Apps on the phone where you can see the Plat Sol. Hit the Menu button on the bottom left and select Move, now can you put a check mark in a box next to that Game. If you can then you can tell it to move it unless it is dimmed. If it is stored on the phone it will ask you to save on external memory, if it is in the external memory it will ask if you want to move it to the phone. It stores these games in the Games & App folder either on the phone or the Games & App file on the card. If that doesn't work then continue with the following.
    When I look in the My Stuff there is only two files in there = desktop.ini / desktop.ini. No games, etc. But, as I said (I think), when I attach the LG to the computer, I see:4GB SANDISK (F, and in this folder are:

Documents
    Gallery
    Games and Applications, and in this folder:
    Folder called Uninst, and two files: 025.jad and 025.jar (which I presume are the Platinum Solitaire game files.
    And a few other file folders: Sounds, Others, Videos, etc.
    Goto the Games & Apps on your phone and tell me if the little icon for the Platinum Solitaire has a little memory card on top of it. Let me know if it does or not. Also, check Tools>Settings>Phone>Memory Info>Primary Storage Setting and see if the check mark is on External Memory or Handset Memory. Let me know that too.

That is why I think this is the 4GB SD card I installed. As I said, this is the only thing I see when I attach LG to computer, namely - 4GB SANDISK.. Nothing that says LG or anything like that.
    I am just wondering when LG downloaded that file and installed it, it might have been (automatically) installed to the SD card. Would you know? Maybe the SD card is the only thing that you can see when you attach the LG to computer.
    When you connect to the computer all you are allowed to see is what is on the memory card. Tracfone prevents prevents us from accessing the files on the phone, at least on this model. If your phone is set to store to the External memory that is where it would have sent your game, to the memory card in the Games & App folder as a jar and jad file.

(When I go to Games and Applications on the LG, the Platinum Solitaire is in there (which would probably be in the 4GB SD card? Do you know?)
    If it has a picture of a little tiny memory card on top of the game icon/picture then it is on the memory card. If it doesn't have a little card on top of the icon then it's in the handset memory.

BTW: Did you only pay around a $1.50 for the Plat Sol when you downloaded from TracFone? I paid $4.90. But maybe you are not using TracFone/Gamelot. If I am paying 4 x what others are playing, I think I should complain to TracFone (whom I do not like at the moment!).
    It charged me 14.97 minutes, that's it, that's all that was taken off my total minutes. I would have had to pay 33 cents a minute for them to have gotten $4.99 worth of minutes off my phone. My minutes average IS less than 10 cents a minute. Therefore they charged me no more than $1.50. And yes I got my Platinum Solitaire 2 from Tracfone Gameloft. Why do you think they charged you $4.99? How many minutes disappeared off your phone?

You're pooping me out alicez.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    I have a question for LG800G owners, many months ago folks were complaining the World Clock app was showing wrong times for the Second City but the complaints seemed to have died off. Now that Daylight Savings Time is back my local time is correct but whatever Second City I select outside my timezone doesn't reflect DST. Anyone else notice this on their World Clock app? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I got one confirmation elsewhere so it looks like the World Clock app doesn't adjust for DST whether you have V10d or V10e.
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 03-11-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast