Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you get free shipping on the Straight Talk Sim Cards?

Feedback Score

How do you get free shipping on the Straight Talk Sim Cards?

It says free shipping but when I put the options for shipping, none of them say free. Can anyone help me out?

Phone
    Galaxy S3, iPhone 4S/4
    Carriers
    Skype/Sprint
    Feedback Score
    When you place your order, on the final page it will credit back the shipping cost when you choose FedEx 3 day. I had the same question when I ordered mine. Don't know why ST would set it up that way...

Feedback Score

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by iphonetalk02 View Post
    It says free shipping but when I put the options for shipping, none of them say free. Can anyone help me out?
    I came across the same experience. Under "Shipping Method" there is nothing listed for free shipping on SIM cards. Their site it says Free Ground Shipping on on orders $6.99 or greater.

I have done the following:

1) Called their customer no-service number. Seems like you have to have service to get a live rep on the phone. Option (5) does not get to a live person. Actually impossible to get to a live person if you do not have a phone number.

2) Chat wit an agent (Live Help) button **** 1st attempt ****
    Stated problem with free shipping not available. The agent came back a few minutes later and copied and pasted text which stated that shipping is free on orders over $29.99. Then terminated the session. What happened to," Is there anything I can help you with?" Rude!

Is that how they treat a new customer purchasing a SIM card?

3) Chat wit an agent (Live Help) button - **** 2nd attempt ****
    Stated problem with free shipping not available. Used the same name and email address in the required fields.
    Session was terminated and closed few minutes after.

4) Chat wit an agent (Live Help) button - **** 3rd attempt ****

Used a different name and email address so they would not know it was me again. Hence the name "john"

Connect with Live Chat
    Chat History
    Bella has entered the session.
    john: Your site lists free ground shipping on roders $6.99 or greater but I cannot choose that when purchasing a SIM card
    Bella: Hi John. Thank you for visiting Straight Talk Wireless. I would be happy to assist you today.
    john: Thank you. I am being charged an additional $4.95 shipping for a SIM card
    Bella: One moment please...
    Bella: You are welcome.
    Bella: Okay. Can you provide me your e-mail address and order number?
    john: I have not place the order as yet. I was going to and noticed that I could not process it with free shipping.
    Bella: Okay. I would like to verify if you are referring to the SIM card purchase.
    john: yes i am
    Bella: Okay, thank you.
    Bella: Please allow me a moment to chck information.
    john: sure. Thanks
    Bella: Thank you for waiting. Please be informed that it will be free ground shipping on any orders of $6.99 or greater.
    john: that is not a selection under shipping. The ony one is Fedex for $4.95
    john: i went to almost processing the order and i was being charged for shipping
    Bella: Alright. You may need to select the "FedEx FREE 3 Days (on Phones and SIM Cards)."
    john: Then I will be charged for shipping
    Bella: No. Please click the "Submit" option and on the final page or last page, you will be able to view that there is no shipping fee.
    john: would you hold as I try thta?
    Bella: Yes.
    john: thanks - brb
    Bella: Thank you for chatting with Straight Talk Wireless. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.
    Chat Entry

This was very difficult to copy and paste the session as the window refreshes every 1-2 seconds preventing any copy and paste methods. Wonder if they do that on purpose? As you can see I was terminated abruptly after asking to hold while I check for that option. Bella did not hold while I check the "no shipping fee" option.

My conclusion is that they are looking for "easy" money. When there is a real problem they are nowhere to be found. This is actually a second SIM card I am trying to purchase because they are now offering the AT&T card with the 4G/LTE. I have had difficult experiences in the past with them and did not expect more difficulty now. I have not purchased the new SIM card and invested 2 hours. Frustrating!!

Clark? If you are reading this, do you feel ST(Straight Talk) has improved they customer no-service?

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The shipping cost goes to the shipping company. How does Straight Talk get money out of it? They pay for the free shipping even if you do not.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    LOL - They must have corrected the problem when I was typing to them. In the end - order details - they credit the shipping.

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    You could have also ordered it from walmart.com with free shipping site-to-store.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    The shipping cost goes to the shipping company. How does Straight Talk get money out of it? They pay for the free shipping even if you do not.
    Not always. Depends on the agreement they have with the shipper. For example, if att is shipping tons of phones and replacements back and forth to customers, they can say all day that they charge $14.99 for shipping...their super mega deal with ups or fedex makes every package cost a couple of dollars. The iPhone 5S came in a box the size of my hand and totally light. I'd say 3 or 4 dollars raw cost. That's why I don't believe shipping charges one bit.

Sent with the HoFo app on iPhone 5S

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    lol this funny all over a $4.95 and bi**h like hell over two hours on chat when you knew how to get the free shipping in the first place.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn744 View Post
    Not always. Depends on the agreement they have with the shipper. For example, if att is shipping tons of phones and replacements back and forth to customers, they can say all day that they charge $14.99 for shipping...their super mega deal with ups or fedex makes every package cost a couple of dollars. The iPhone 5S came in a box the size of my hand and totally light. I'd say 3 or 4 dollars raw cost. That's why I don't believe shipping charges one bit.

Try contacting the shipping company and you will see that you will have to pay much more than the volume shipper. Are you complaining for benefitting from the volume discount? The cheapest price I found for FedEx Ground for a two pound package is $9.30.
    Last edited by efparri; 10-14-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Phone
    SM-N900A GoPhone Walmart Special, Samsung SGH-I337 GoPhone Walmart Special
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Try contacting the shipping companyand you will see that you will have to pay much more than the volume shipper. Are you complaining for benefitting from the volume discount? The cheapest price I found for FedEx Ground for a two pound package is $9.30.
    you quoted $9.30, that is to your next door neighbor, try shipping over water and you'll find that cost escalate rapidly.
    Samsung SM-N900A 32GB on GoPhone LTE $45.00 Special
    Samsung SGH-I337 32GB on GoPhone LTE $45.00 Special

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    You missed the point. I was showing that you would have to pay more than Straight Talk to ship a two pound package from my house to Florida by FedEx Ground. If I were sending it to my next door neighbor I would carry it there and knock on the door. Do you know anyone who can choose FedEx Ground to deliver a package overseas or who could receive a Straight Talk delivery even to Canada or Mexico?

Phone
    SM-N900A GoPhone Walmart Special, Samsung SGH-I337 GoPhone Walmart Special
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You missed the point. I was showing that you would have to pay more than Straight Talk to ship a two pound package from my house to Florida by FedEx Ground. If I were sending it to my next door neighbor I would carry it there and knock on the door. Do you know anyone who can choose FedEx Ground to deliver a package overseas or who could receive a Straight Talk delivery even to Canada or Mexico?
    the neighbor part was a cliché. FEDEX and UPS ships GROUND SERVICE to HAWAII from anywhere in lower 48. That's how Amazon ships when choosing Super Saver, 5-7 days. IDK abt Canada n Mexico

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    the neighbor part was a cliché. FEDEX and UPS ships GROUND SERVICE to HAWAII from anywhere in lower 48. That's how Amazon ships when choosing Super Saver, 5-7 days. IDK abt Canada n Mexico

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    Actually that's interesting, Elpidio, so would USPS FedEx and ups, consider the lower 48 "international" or price it just as they would Florida to Texas or something ?

Feedback Score
    Try contacting the shipping company and you will see that you will have to pay much more than the volume shipper. Are you complaining for benefitting from the volume discount? The cheapest price I found for FedEx Ground for a two pound package is $9.30.
    No no I'm not complaining at all about straight talks shipping prices, I'm just saying there are many more companies that have shipping prices that aren't anywhere near their actual cost. Like the att example I gave you.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    You still are on the wrong side of the argument. A volume shipper gets better rates than an individual shipper. FedEx will also charge an extra fee to come to your house to pick up a package.

Sent with the HoFo App

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast