Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Tracfone

Feedback Score

Problems with Tracfone

I have LG800G which has service by TracFone.
    For the past few days I have been trying to buy airtime via my TracFone account web page, as I have done many times in the past.
    I fill in all the required information and then when I click on Continue the final time, I get FAILED. With no explanation. I have tried different browser, a different computer and a different credit card.
    I telephoned their 1-800-867-7183 number several times and had to wait an extra long time and a few times I got so tired of holding on, I just hung up. The two times I did speak to someone, the person had a "heavy" accent and I could just about understand them and they said they did not know what I was talking about and to just keep trying. I don't think that is a satisfactory answer from a service technician. I can't waste any more time trying to buy airtime via my TracFone web page. I do not like buying airtime via the telephone and giving someboyd my credit card information, etc. I used my TracFone web page because I could delete my credit card informaiton after I bought the additional minutes. Nor do I like using my LG to buy more airtime, because I do not think it is safe and I do not know if my credit card info will be stored somewhere, etc. I've heard that cell phone transactions are easy for some people to hijack and secure your confidential inforation.
    Can anyone tell me if that TracFone Pay As You Go website is working and whether you rececnelty bought airtime via that site?
    Tried
    https://www.tracfone.com/direct/AccountSummary

AND
    https://www.tracfone.com/direct/Purchase?payGo=true

I have the triple minutes and don't want to use another way to buy additional minutes (outside my TracFone webpag) and then find out I didn't receive the triple minutes becuse they didn't check my account.
    Can anyone help please?
    Alice

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    alicez,
    A lot of folks seem to be having problems adding airtime via the web site, activating new phones, and transferring accounts from an old TF to a new one. Some folks have no problems whatsoever. If you check their Facebook page you can get a feel for the health of their web site at the present time. Lately the problems I listed have been the majority of complaints. They'll get it fixed ... in time, they don't seem to do anything in a timely manner. Keep trying and good luck.

I guess you've ruled out buying a card at the store and adding it via your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by alicez View Post
    I've heard that cell phone transactions are easy for some people to hijack and secure your confidential inforation.
    That's more applicable to the smart phones, thank goodness ours are dumber than dirt, that includes the 800G and 124G no matter what Tracfone says.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I would suggest buying a PIN from www.callingmart.com and adding that, either from your phone or from the website. You also will save money that way (discount and no tax).

You might also try buying from the Tracfone website, but don't log in to your account. Just make sure you type your phone number correctly, so the airtime goes to the right phone. The reason I suggest that you don't log in to your account is that it will pull your phone number from their database which sometimes causes a failure. If you don't log in, you can type your phone number manually.

Feedback Score
    Thanks
    When I bought the LG800G I was given TracFone TRIPLE minutes for life.
    Would the methods you mention of pruchasing, other than through my TF account page, still give me the triple minutes (buying the PIN and buing outside my TF ;age)?

Feedback Score
    BTW - how would we get the PIN from www.callingmart.com? Do we have to give them our credit card info and then they would send us a card? Or would they email us a PIN? Would it only be for the 60 minute TF card? A bit confusing.

Carrier
    Ting, Republic Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If you are getting an error message indicating that there was a problem with your credit card, you have most likely been banned by their anti-fraud system because you purchased too many phones in too short a period of time. It appears that the magic number is "more than six" in a certain period, although I don't know what that period is. The ban appears to affect purchases through all of TF's retail channels, including TF, NET10, and ST.

The ban appears to be imposed by TF's loss prevention department, and is not revealed to any other department. So, you can call until you are blue in the face, and nobody will know anything about it. They'll just tell you that your credit card company declined the charge. If you call your credit card company, they'll tell you that the charge was approved and that TF received an authorization, but never submitted the final charge.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EndeavorOR View Post
    If you are getting an error message indicating that there was a problem with your credit card, you have most likely been banned by their anti-fraud system because you purchased too many phones in too short a period of time. It appears that the magic number is "more than six" in a certain period, although I don't know what that period is. The ban appears to affect purchases through all of TF's retail channels, including TF, NET10, and ST.

The ban appears to be imposed by TF's loss prevention department, and is not revealed to any other department. So, you can call until you are blue in the face, and nobody will know anything about it. They'll just tell you that your credit card company declined the charge. If you call your credit card company, they'll tell you that the charge was approved and that TF received an authorization, but never submitted the final charge.
    The only thing that showed was "Failed" in upper left of the screen. Nothing else, no explanation, etc. I had a LG240 for a long time and decided to buy this LG800G as a replacement. Bought no other phones!
    I decided to purchase additional minutes via CallingMart and the payment went through almost immediately and my phone was updated with new minutes and expiration date in a minute or two. No problems. Therefore, can only assume that there is something wrong with TF website and many others who are trying to use it are getting same "Failed." TF is losing money I would say and I am not going to spend any more time on this what should have been a simple transaction. Shame on TF for such for service and customer help. Didn't get one nice support rep who went a little out of their way to help me. Not a nice experience at all. AFAIAC this matter is now closed, thankfully.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    When I bought the LG800G I was given TracFone TRIPLE minutes for life.
    Would the methods you mention of pruchasing, other than through my TF account page, still give me the triple minutes (buying the PIN and buing outside my TF ;age)?
    Whether you buy the minutes on the TF web site, retail card, or purchase a PIN online from callingmart.com or Walmart.com your phone should give you triple minutes, if it doesn’t triple the minutes you purchase there is some problem that needs to be straightened out with Tracfone’s system.

BTW - how would we get the PIN from www.callingmart.com? Do we have to give them our credit card info and then they would send us a card? Or would they email us a PIN? Would it only be for the 60 minute TF card? A bit confusing.
    You make the purchase online like any web purchase with your credit card and they email you the PIN. They have the 60 min ($19.40), 120 min ($29.10), 200 min ($38.80), and several of the larger minute quantities available.

Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    The reason I suggest that you don't log in to your account is that it will pull your phone number from their database which sometimes causes a failure. If you don't log in, you can type your phone number manually.
    millept,
    I didn’t know that, thanks for posting that tidbit. I've used that trick when problems occur activating phones but never thought about it when adding airtime. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    OP
    Have you tried going to their Facebook page and putting in a service request?
    Personally I just go down to Walmart and buy a card and plug in the pin through my phone.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Feedback Score
    I couldn't waste any more of my time trying to purchase additional minutes via my TF webiste. Nor could I waste any more time calling the support number and talking to people who didn't know what I was talking about. I decided to purchase the minutes elsewhere.
    I am also upset by using the TF Games/Apps buy a program. I bought the Platinum Poker and paid $4.90 for it (49 minutes were deducted from my account); only to learn that the Platinum Poker was being sold elsewhere for $1.15 (15 minutes deducted). Your support said TF had nothing to do with the Buy Program. If not, why is it installed on my LG800G? I can't even delete it. Very confusing indeed and frustrating dealing with TF.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    I would suggest buying a PIN from www.callingmart.com and adding that, either from your phone or from the website. You also will save money that way (discount and no tax).

You might also try buying from the Tracfone website, but don't log in to your account. Just make sure you type your phone number correctly, so the airtime goes to the right phone. The reason I suggest that you don't log in to your account is that it will pull your phone number from their database which sometimes causes a failure. If you don't log in, you can type your phone number manually.
    [FONT=Arial]#1- How are they able to give a discount and also charge no tax?
    #2- Where are they located?
    #3- When I buy TF airtime from them, do they in turn buy that airtime from TF?

Feedback Score
    I had tried for more than 2 weeks to use a different credit card and got the failed message.

I tried the following suggestion from another site and it worked.

"You might also try buying from the Tracfone website, but don't log in to your account. Just make sure you type your phone number correctly, so the airtime goes to the right phone. The reason I suggest that you don't log in to your account is that it will pull your phone number from their database which sometimes causes a failure. If you don't log in, you can type your phone number manually."

Maybe this will work for you. Let me know if it does work for you.

I just do not know why Tracfone Customer Service does not know to recommend this work around to Tracfone customers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lily444 View Post
    I had tried for more than 2 weeks to use a different credit card and got the failed message. I tried the following suggestion from another site and it worked.

"You might also try buying from the Tracfone website, but don't log in to your account. Just make sure you type your phone number correctly, so the airtime goes to the right phone. The reason I suggest that you don't log in to your account is that it will pull your phone number from their database which sometimes causes a failure. If you don't log in, you can type your phone number manually."
    Hi lily444. The advice wasn't from another site. It was from this very thread in post #3 by millept.

Feedback Score

lg800 digital signal lost

Hello, I have multiple LG800g tracfone's all of them including my moms I have lost the digital service I'm only getting a analog signal now if it was just one phone I might think its the phone but all of them are now picking up an analog signal only! I'm in michigan so I just went on vacation in south florida and all over south florida I had nothing but a analog signal sucks so bad most of my calls where just dropped anyone else having a problem like this??? somethings going on because I did have digital signal and I used to be able to make a call all over the US oo yeah I was in LA and same problem only a analog signal...

Feedback Score
    How can you tell that it's analog? I don't think the cell companies use that technology anymore.

I suspect that your sims are T-Mobile and they are failing when no T-Mobile is available.

Do you know how to check your sims? Put the phone numbers into www.wirelessamberalerts.org and it will tell you your carrier. It won't sign you up for anything. There are other ways, but this is one way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast