Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Problems with Tracfone

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Do you mean you no longer see an E in the very upper left corner of the screen. The E relates to data frequencies only, not to calls and SMS text frequencies. Calls are on a seperate frequency and does not switch between digital and analog. Just how are you telling this so called analog signal from a digital signal? Lisme should have you on the correct path to solving your misunderstanding.

Feedback Score
    Are all of the posts on this thread replies to my original question? Or did someone else post a question on this thread?
    I am getting very confused.

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score

Problems with Tracfone

As for the security on a phone especially a dumb phone I would trust it over the computer. No cookies auto fill forms packet sniffers spyware etc.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alicez View Post
    Are all of the posts on this thread replies to my original question? Or did someone else post a question on this thread?
    I am getting very confused.
    See posts #12 and #14 for others posting questions on this thread.

Feedback Score
    I have had a tracfone for maybe 10 years. At some point, several years ago, I purchased a "One Time" double your minutes card for $50. Any time I purchased air time the minutes on the card was always doubled, without a PIN or any other data. It never failed to work like that. I always purchase cards in a store and the price is 40 cents more than that mentioned above from the discount site. I agree if you utilise their phone line, you end up going through a raft of menus and waiting on hold for a long time. I am looking to get another tracfone because last evening, I removed mine from the clothes dryer, first stage after the washer. It is drying out now after loosiening some phone panels and removing the battery. Unfortunately, the thing was powered on when it was in the washer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant County View Post
    I have had a tracfone for maybe 10 years. At some point, several years ago, I purchased a "One Time" double your minutes card for $50. Any time I purchased air time the minutes on the card was always doubled, without a PIN or any other data. It never failed to work like that. I always purchase cards in a store and the price is 40 cents more than that mentioned above from the discount site. I agree if you utilise their phone line, you end up going through a raft of menus and waiting on hold for a long time. I am looking to get another tracfone because last evening, I removed mine from the clothes dryer, first stage after the washer. It is drying out now after loosiening some phone panels and removing the battery. Unfortunately, the thing was powered on when it was in the washer.
    Replacing a tracfone is not especially expensive. Note that most current models come with either double or triple minutes for life, without the expense of buying a special card. There are numerous bundles available that effectively give you a free phone for the cost of airtime.

There are numerous options of where to buy, depending on what you want and who has the best current deals. Many of the best deals are posted on this forum. The sticky at http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...10-Phone-Deals lists some of them, but folks post them to other threads as well. Be sure to look at the dates of the postings - many of these threads have a long history.

One vendor who almost always has good deals, especially on bundles, is "shopcelldeals". He has eBay and amazon stores, as well as a direct website, with different deals. Here's the eBay site:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?ssPag...acfone&_sop=15
    Note that deals include models with a year of service for $30 and $40.

If you want a simple GSM flip phone with no bundle, BestBuy and Sears carry the LG 440G for $5 (plus tax, and plus shipping if you don't have a local store). Other places that often have good deals are tracfone's own website, hsn.com, qvc.com, Dollar General, Target, and Walmart.

You do need to be sure that your new phone uses a network (either Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile) that has decent coverage where you will use it. Using the same network as your current phone is probably a good way to ensure that. You can find lots of information on this forum to help you figure that out, and also to choose a good phone for your needs.

Note that you can transfer your minutes, days of service, and phone number from your old phone to your new one. If you can power your old phone up, use the menus, and read the screen, you can do this fairly simply through the web. Otherwise you will need to call customer service, and it may take some time before they verify how many minutes to credit you with (they are only tracked on the phone, so they have to look at call records) - best to call 305-715-6500 during regular business hours.

Best of luck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phone_bob View Post
    Note that you can transfer your minutes, days of service, and phone number from your old phone to your new one.
    The old phone must be currently active when you do the transfer. If you have let it go inactive then simply first reactivate by adding some minimal amount of airtime minutes before doing the transfer.

The new phone does not have to be currently active. Transferring the minutes from the old phone is enough to activate the new one. You do not have to spend extra money adding airtime to the new phone before activating/transferring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2