Thread: LG800G TracFone

Feedback Score

LG800G TracFone

Being a new user of my LG800G I am having a bit of difficulty using the Browser. It seems that Home takes me to a TracFone page. Is there any way to delete that and go directly to Google? Or will that Home always take me to the TracFone site?
    It appears the LG has it's own "programs" installed that can't be deleted and TracFone also has it's onw "programs" installed that can't be deleted. Is that true?
    I would just like to use Google for my Home page on the Browser.

Also, any way to access YouTube on this LG?

Thank you for any help.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alicez View Post
    Being a new user of my LG800G I am having a bit of difficulty using the Browser. It seems that Home takes me to a TracFone page. Is there any way to delete that and go directly to Google? Or will that Home always take me to the TracFone site?
    It appears the LG has it's own "programs" installed that can't be deleted and TracFone also has it's onw "programs" installed that can't be deleted. Is that true?
    I would just like to use Google for my Home page on the Browser.

Also, any way to access YouTube on this LG?

Thank you for any help.
    No, you can't change the Home page. That's fixed. The best you can do is bookmark the Google page so when you hit the browser button you can select Bookmarks and then the Google bookmark avoiding the Home page. A lot of folks install Opera Mini as an alternate web browser, just FYI.
    LG has nothing on these phones, it's pure Tracfone glitches and all. Those programs that can't be deleted are Tracfone's fault also (LG might have some of the same on their REAL LG Phones) LG manufactured it for Tracfone to Tracfone's specs with Tracfone's OS. That's why LG does not support Tracfone LG phones, they point you back to Tracfone. Don't blame LG. And to answer your question, most if not all of what was pre-installed can't be deleted, including the crappy games. The YouTube is no go also, Tracfone and Net10 phones do not support streaming media.

Feedback Score
    Thank you again.
    I got the Google and put it in Bookmark.

Can I play YouTube videos on this LG800G? I get "Not Supprted."

Also, did you mention previously that you downloaded Platinum Poker for $1.15? If so, from where.

I contacted TracFone and they said "Please be informed that we do not have responsibility regarding purchased games from distant portals than our online store." Whatevere that means. Of course, that Purchase cannot be deleted from the Games/Apps section, so it must be put there by TF. I don't know what is going on with TC. Very difficult to deal with, especially via the telephone.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Can I play YouTube videos on this LG800G? I get "Not Supprted."
    No, Tracfone does not support streaming videos.

Also, did you mention previously that you downloaded Platinum Poker for $1.15? If so, from where.
    No, I said I bought it for 15 minutes worth of minutes off my phone. That's all it deducted from my phone, 15 MINUTES. Since my minutes average less than 10 cents per minute I said I paid under $1.50. I went to the home page of the native browser, selected downloads, and then Games. That is the Tracfone's game site. You said you paid around $5 or so, how many minutes did it deduct from your phone for that game?

Feedback Score
    I believe 49 minutes, which I think is about $4.90 - correct? And, as you read on my previous message, TracFone said they have nothing to do with that site, only their own download site.
    I believe it was "Gameloft" as the entrance to that download site on my LF's Games/App section.
    Where did you get your Platinum Poker for $1.50? Can you mention the site?

I am now converting a few videos (via online converter) I have from MP4 and AVI to 3GP so they will play on the LG.

Guess I will have to forget about viewing YouTube on this LG. Well, guess I am expecting too much from this $35 LG. I just thought I read somewhere that another LG800G owner was able to watch YouTube videos. Guess I was mistaken.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    alicez,
    My mistake, I got it at Gameloft. The top of that page has Gameloft on one side and Tracfone on the other. I'm sure they get kickbacks since Tracfone directs you there.

Did you get one of the big deals like 1500 minutes and phone for $99? When you get those deals your minutes carry a much smaller value so they charge you more minutes to make up the difference.

As for videos I do the converting thing too so I have some shows to watch when I travel. One time I went to YouTube and I tried everything I could but couldn't get it to play, then somehow I clicked on something and it downloaded the video file to my phone and then I was able to play it like a video on my phone. It took a long time to download and ate up quite a few minutes. I never figured out how to repeat that, getting it to download them.
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 03-13-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    alicez, Did you get one of the big deals like 1500 minutes and phone for $99?
    BobbyLee, I think alicez said somewhere that his/her LG800 was on Net10. You are quoting Tracfone rates.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    BobbyLee, I think alicez said somewhere that his/her LG800 was on Net10. You are quoting Tracfone rates.
    Wow, that's a really good point. My brain is 98% Tracfone 2 % Net10, talk about a one tracked mind. How about someone with some Net10 rate knowledge pop-in to this conversation for alicez. I had Net10 but never downloaded anything while there. Thanks annepani for pointing that out, that would explain the confusion.

Me

EDIT:
    annepani,
    Based on post #10 I'm not as tupid as I taught I was. TMFL, not Net10.
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 03-13-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    alicez,
    My mistake it, I got it at Gameloft. The top of that page has Gameloft on one side and Tracfone on the other. I'm sure they get kickbacks since Tracfone directs you there.

Did you get one of the big deals like 1500 minutes and phone for $99? When you get those deals your minutes carry a much smaller value so they charge you more minutes to make up the difference.

As for videos I do the converting thing too so I have some shows to watch when I travel. One time I went to YouTube and I tried everything I could but couldn't get it to play, then somehow I clicked on something and it downloaded the video file to my phone and then I was able to play it like a video on my phone. It took a long time to download and ate up quite a few minutes. I never figured out how to repeat that, getting it to download them.
    I believe I bought the phone for #35.00 with triple minutes for life. When I went to that Gameloft I was told the Platiminu Poker would cost $4.90 (49 minutes).

Feedback Score
    I believe I bought the phone for #35.00 with triple minutes for life.
    Okay, my mistake. Triple minutes for life is definitely Tracfone, not Net10. I must have confused her post with someone else's.

Phone
    iPhone 5, Atrix HD
    Carriers
    Net10 BYOP
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where can you find this phone with TMFL? Sounds like a decent deal.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mustafu View Post

The LG800G is available from the Tracfone website with either AT&T or T-Mobile service, depending upon your zip code, you cannot order from this link:
    http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdir...ew&market=GSM4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mustafu View Post

I believe you sould have posted your question on a new thread. Now I am getting email notifications for your question and answers. Just thought that was the proper protocol for this forum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Okay, my mistake. Triple minutes for life is definitely Tracfone, not Net10. I must have confused her post with someone else's.
    Yes TracFone. Believe I mentioned that in the original post but things have a bit confused lately for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Corp.Wendy View Post
    Hi, my name is Wendy and I work with TracFone. I noticed your complaint on this blog and I would like to help you. Just send me your name, contact number and your phone serial number or cell number and we will resolve your issue right away. I work here and I too have a TracFone. At times there are problems but with the right people to help, your issue will get resolved. Just copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. Please email your info to TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com.
    I really can't spend any more time on this matter. I called so many people at TF and no one knew what I was talking about. I had complaint about getting "Failed" every time I tried to buy minutes via my TF web site. I just gave up after so many failures and the non-help from the TF support people. I also sent an email to TF about the cost of the Platinum Poker I downloaded from the GameLoft and was charged $4.90 (49 minutes deducted), while others appear to have paid just $1.15; so in reality I paid 4x as much. TF support said they have nothing to do with that. If they have nothing to do with that, why is GameLoft on my LG and why can't I delete it? I don't believe LG put it there.