Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: lg service and sim card

Feedback Score

lg service and sim card

we bought 3 esteems at the same time several weeks ago.
    2 of them worked find and the 3rd after about 10 days
    went goofy and would hang up,wouldn't make calls and alot of other
    problems.since my daughter was over on the minutes she elected
    to send it back to lg,rather then get a refurb back,she called lg
    and was told to remove the battery and the back,nothing about
    the sim card or the screen protector.she was not told by lg to remove
    the card or the protector but she was told my the salesman never
    to remove the card and we had lg on speaker when they gave
    her the instructions,4 people heard what they said.well after
    about 8 days the phone is returned minus the sim card and protector
    we called lg and they are the most rude bunch of a_ _ holes i have ever
    talked to.they said you shouldn't have sent the phone back with the
    card or protector and that they make the phone and not the card,it wasn't
    their problem to call metro.first off someone took the card out when the
    phone was received at their office,my guess is the guy kept it for
    other purposes and why the hell did you have to remove the screen protector.
    called metro and the lady there spent about 15 minutes with us and
    said her super.said to take it to a corporate store and talk to the manager
    and he will handle lg and get the phone taken care of.but the point is
    even leaving it in by mistake someone there had to take it out.i suggest
    LG start with the employees in the shop and find out what is going on.
    and as for the protector what the hell reason did they take it off.
    all i can say is be careful when dealing direct with these people
    because their customer service sucks and i am not done with
    these people.i will post on every site around and also go the their
    FB site and rip them .thanks for letting me vent.

Phones
    G2
    G2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dpater47 View Post
    we bought 3 esteems at the same time several weeks ago.
    2 of them worked find and the 3rd after about 10 days
    went goofy and would hang up,wouldn't make calls and alot of other
    problems.since my daughter was over on the minutes she elected
    to send it back to lg,rather then get a refurb back,she called lg
    and was told to remove the battery and the back,nothing about
    the sim card or the screen protector.she was not told by lg to remove
    the card or the protector but she was told my the salesman never
    to remove the card and we had lg on speaker when they gave
    her the instructions,4 people heard what they said.well after
    about 8 days the phone is returned minus the sim card and protector
    we called lg and they are the most rude bunch of a_ _ holes i have ever
    talked to.they said you shouldn't have sent the phone back with the
    card or protector and that they make the phone and not the card,it wasn't
    their problem to call metro.first off someone took the card out when the
    phone was received at their office,my guess is the guy kept it for
    other purposes and why the hell did you have to remove the screen protector.
    called metro and the lady there spent about 15 minutes with us and
    said her super.said to take it to a corporate store and talk to the manager
    and he will handle lg and get the phone taken care of.but the point is
    even leaving it in by mistake someone there had to take it out.i suggest
    LG start with the employees in the shop and find out what is going on.
    and as for the protector what the hell reason did they take it off.
    all i can say is be careful when dealing direct with these people
    because their customer service sucks and i am not done with
    these people.i will post on every site around and also go the their
    FB site and rip them .thanks for letting me vent.
    Ok some problems how is your daughter out of minutes ? O.o &' you shouldve done a hard reset on it or just taken it to the metro store.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using HowardForums
    Sent from my G2 From T-Mobile

Feedback Score
    metro only gives like 60 minutes before they will take the phone back
    and give's your money back or a new phone.she was over the minutes and having dealt
    with metro on returns before we elected to go direct.bad mistake.
    the point is even metro just told us the card should never been removed
    by us and for no reason by lg unless the card was causeing the problem
    at which time the whole phone should have been replaced..now some
    lady in service says that when the phone gets to ft.worth all
    items in the phone,sim card,protector and anything else on the phone
    is thrown in the trash as soon as the repair tech gets the phone.
    i said well what would have happen if i left the back and the battery on the
    phone and she said the tech would have tossed it,does that make sense
    to anyone out there?she said our recording we switch you to tells you to remove
    the sim card,it is not a sim card it is a UICC CARD .so my daughter seen
    that and put it back in the phone.it says right on the card DO NOT REMOVE.LG is at fault on this ,not us,if you're going to give instructions ,
    give instructions on the correct part name.and again what was the
    protecter hurting?was it blocking a signel? it was sent back
    because the headphone plug was screwed up causeing several
    problems.LG has a bunch of idiots working there and someone has the
    card.oh and she said we don't keep track of which tech works on the
    phone.ok,blow some more smoke

Feedback Score
    and by the way we went to the corporate store and the manager was willing to give my daughter another
    esteem except he has a hugh backlog for this phone and had none.he also offered her the connect in exchange
    but it is not as nice as the esteem.but gave her the option to bring it back if we can't fix the problem
    with lg and he will stand by his offer.so ,thank's to this manager.we will try and contact the ft.worth branch
    and if not we will file a complaint with the state atty and the BBB.

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    yea when u sent ur phone to lg they should of told u only to send them the phone alone with the factory charger and the battery taken off, seems lg failed on that department beacause when i had probs with the samsung indulge the tech support told me to only send the phone and the charger and the battery off the phone and nothing else not even phone protector or case.

Edit:
    oh wait screen protector? u mean to protect it from being scratched?? wow that is weird and wrong they had no right removing that!

Feedback Score
    well n4zty,they told her to remove the sim card and as i said it's not a sim card but when she did remove it says right at the top of the card "DO NOT REMOVE". i wasn't home so she went by metro on her way to fedx and they also said not to remove it.LG needs to be very specific when telling people about this uicc card and to pay no attn as to what the card says but that still doesn't answer why when they received it that the tech seen the card and removed it and then threw it away.common sense would tell you the person made a mistake and to leave it in.and how did he know the card wasn't the problem? you throw it away before you test it? and remember this is a tech that should know the phone is useless without that card,the one that came with it.i can't take the one out of my phone and make it work and you can't buy a new one.NO this is on LG and their tech support.again what if the customer would have left the battery and the back on do they throw it in the trash and fix the phone and mail it back knowing they though the stuff away? and the protector is another story.but you can bet on one thing after being in the car business for 45 years ,i know every phone number of every state and federal office and i will file complaints with every one of them.i will bury them with complaint forms if they don't resolve this.and i am retired and have notning better to do then set here all day and file.hey again thanks for all your help on the other problem posted over the last couple of days.

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    Oh hell yea they gotta give her a brand new phone i would so make them do it!!

Feedback Score
    well let me update you on the LG saga.i called the repair center in ft.worth.
    very nice people but same old story.if the phone comes into there office with
    sim card in it(uicc card) it is wiped clean and destroyed.then they repair the
    phone,this is done as a saftey measure to protect your personal info.then
    the phone gets sent back to the customer.here is another good one for you,
    i ask why thet removed the screen protector she said all phones that come
    in get new cosmetics and that includes a new screen.ok blow some more smoke.
    why the hell would you destroy the sim card,repair the phone and send the
    phone back to the customer knowing it was wortless,knowing you can't buy
    a new card? and forget asking who mfgs the card,they have no idea.so i ask
    what happens if i loose my phone, sim card and all and turn it in to the insurance.
    are they going to send me a refurb with no sim card since you can't buy them?
    oh no sir they will send you a brand new phone with a new sim card,right.
    i am sure they will send me a brand neww $300 phone for the $ 99 deductable.
    so i would like to know if anyone out there has lost there phone including the sim
    card and got a brand new one from insurance.this isn't over yet, i'll let you know how it ends.

Feedback Score
    well according to the info i just read on 3 sites lg has lied again about the personal info held on the uicc card
    "The card used in 4G LTE devices, while it is technically a SIM card, is not like the ones found in devices by ATT, T-mobile or other GSM carriers. In a LTE device it's a type of card called a UICC and holds no information other than the LTE authentication information for one particular phone, IT CAN NOT BE TRANSFERRED to any other device, it just won't work. If you buy/sell a LTE device the card that came with that phone MUST stay with it".so now what is there excuse for destroying the card?

Phone
    HTC One X
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    From my understanding currently at the moment UICC cards are not interchangeable they're unique to each IMEI (however they're working on a way where they will be interchangeable on the new LTE Handsets no word how exactly on that yet but they are saying we should be able to order it from Broadtech) that means that if you placed your old UICC card on the phone they sent you it still woulnt work. Thats very odd LG would send you a phone without a UICC card.
    Phones that are given through warranty always(broadtech is the distributor) come with its own UICC Card.
    Every phone that I've seen from Asurion ( Insurance) also come with its own UICC Card.

When you say Screen protector? you mean the plastic that came with from the retail packaging if so then not really intended to be a screen protector those things are usually coming off by itself in a quickness as theyre not intended to be for that? or you actually bought one even then your SOS unfortunetly Lol
    How long have you had the LG Esteem thats malfunctioning? I can see that you say Corporate does not have the model in stock, If you bought the phone from a dealer or Corporate doesnt matter and they have the model in stock they might be able to have their ASR aproove to do a Crack Box( basically they swap out the phone for a NEW one they have in stock right then on the spot) This is only done though on special circumstances such as the phone not being available on Broadtech for an eXchange By Mail(refurbish) and other reasons to be determined by the ASR, i would recommend though that you go to the Dealer/ Store you bought it from if your gonna ask them to do a Crack box, it wouldnt be cool to take this to a Dealer your not doing business with.
    Actually right now would be a GREAT time to try to do a crack box the LG Esteem has been NOT available to order from broadtech for a well 2 to 3 weeks.

And another thing the LG Connect is not a nice as the Esteem??? WHATTTT?! its a different beast sure but it does has its Pros over the Esteem.
    If you were to ask me TODAY what i would rather have i would choose the Connect, to me the Dual Core Proccesor, the beatiful NOVA Display, Higher RAM outweights the Pros of the Esteem such as Higher internal Memory, and HDMI output (have no user for that). just my .02

Phone
    HTC One X
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dpater47 View Post
    well according to the info i just read on 3 sites lg has lied again about the personal info held on the uicc card
    "The card used in 4G LTE devices, while it is technically a SIM card, is not like the ones found in devices by ATT, T-mobile or other GSM carriers. In a LTE device it's a type of card called a UICC and holds no information other than the LTE authentication information for one particular phone, IT CAN NOT BE TRANSFERRED to any other device, it just won't work. If you buy/sell a LTE device the card that came with that phone MUST stay with it".so now what is there excuse for destroying the card?
    You're right the UICC card does not hold any personal information, maybe they misunderstood for a memory card?

Feedback Score
    no they did not misunderstand,her exact words was"we wipe it clean and then destroy it because it contains all your personal info.and when i ask what personal info she couldn't answer.as for the screen protector it was the good heavy duty one from metro,not the one that comes with the phone.the phone was a week old but my daughter was way over on the return minutes.and as far as getting a refurb phone LG says there are no refurb phones that if it is a insurance claim they will send you a new phone with a new sim,they just like blowing smoke.and thanks for the info about the asr,i'll check into that. my daughter looked at the connect and just does not like a few things about it,you know you can't change a womans mind,she is dead set on having the esteem.thanks for the info,i'll let you know what happens on the asw thing but i am not done with LG yet.i don't want anyone else to have to go thur this crap.

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    The dual.core is unnecessary if u can.remember why they made dual core PCs i would have to think about root reason why we needed extra processing power and.it.all.came.to.one and only one reason the world of high graphic gaming! Think.about each time there is a new call of duty game or battlefield game they want u to upgrade to a more expensive video card a faster processor and more ram..... And dont tell me that we need,a,,multi-processor to check our txt messages or emails to download apps lets be real and thats my 10 cents.

Musician and Producer at chosen-1-records check out some of my work @ http://soundcloud.com/chosen-1-records

Feedback Score
    i kinda agree with you on that.mr.cricke gave me some good info and i have been checking that out.Broadtech
    does not mfg.the uicc card for lg but they do have the one for samsung and are working on others and she is going to check with her bosses and see if they can get me in touch with lg's mfg.and i called asurion and told them what happen and the girl said "if you lose your phone 4 g card and all they would send you a refurb phone and a 4g card". she didn't know where they get them but that alone blows a hole in lg"s story that the uicc card is n/a.i will find out how you get that card.i called the fcc and they are sending out a complaint form and they too was shocked they destroyed the card,repaired the phone and sent it back.either lg replaces the card or the phone or i'll fight this as long as i live,win or lose.

Phone
    HTC One X
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n4zty View Post
    The dual.core is unnecessary if u can.remember why they made dual core PCs i would have to think about root reason why we needed extra processing power and.it.all.came.to.one and only one reason the world of high graphic gaming! Think.about each time there is a new call of duty game or battlefield game they want u to upgrade to a more expensive video card a faster processor and more ram..... And dont tell me that we need,a,,multi-processor to check our txt messages or emails to download apps lets be real and thats my 10 cents.

The device will never go exhausted even if you surf multiple websites, listen to music, chat on IM, put some files on download and play games at the same time. Since the additional processor ratchets up clock speed, the smartphone will work quite smoother than it is on a single core processor. Gaming Graphics on most games are not up to par to take advantage of the dual core proccessor at the moment. I see both handsets on a daily basis, and i can tell you that imo the Connect runs ALOT smoother than the Esteem

Another area where dual-core shines is browsing. NVIDIA explains the page loading and script rendering speed phenomenon with dual-core very well in its Tegra 2 white papers. While most applications are written for single core processors, Android’s current WebKit-based browser is coded to take advantage of more cores, if available. With one CPU only, it is “slicing” its productive cycles – fetches the page, for example, then hits something like a Flash animation, processes the animation, then goes back to rendering the text, pictures and the rest of the website, until it hits the next thing, like JavaScript, which slows loading times.

Dual-core phones keep rendering the page with one core, while the other is executing a script, speeding pageloading and overall performance times significantly. ARM-based chipsets are also capable of what Intel calls HUGI (Hurry Up and Get Idle), boosting the cores when something needs to be executed quickly, then efficiently throttling down speed to preserve power.

Moreover, we can rest the case with Adobe Flash and performance with the dual-core chipsets – if decently coded, one can browse most heavily Flash-ed pages without a hiccup, making Apple all the more stubborn not to include support for it in its mobile browser. We can turn it off in Android, but with any dual-core phone you never need to. All in all, the browsing experience itself is worth getting a dual-core phone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast