Thread: Power Text Plans: Unlimited Texting is SMS only. Does not include MMS!

Phone
    Motorola RAZR V3
    Feedback Score

Power Text Plans: Unlimited Texting is SMS only. Does not include MMS!

Maybe I assumed too much in thinking that unlimited texting included MMS.

Considering unlimited texting costs the same on AT&T and Verizon ($20), I was shocked when I was told by P+ customer service that unlimited texting does not include MMS.

I even chatted with an AT&T rep asking if I could get a smart phone with a GO unlimited texting plan and it include MMS without paying for a data plan (The answer was yes).

Since customer service has been wrong before, can anyone else confirm this?

I ask because I don't even want to bother enabling the mobile network and "firewalling" other apps if it is all for not.

Below is what I got from CS:

Out (sic) Power Text plans only include regular texting not MMS or picture messaging. In order to use MMS you must have money available on your account to cover the charge of the picture .25 and money for the data transfer of the picture.
    Last edited by jedipunk; 03-14-2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: clarification

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Correct. MMS requires data to send.

Phone
    Motorola RAZR V3
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twiceover View Post
    Correct. MMS requires data to send.
    I didn't doubt that. I was just shocked the P+ was giving me less for my money than AT&T and Verizon since their unlimited texting plans include MMS. Basically, I found it hard to swallow that AT&T and Verizon would not charge additional for MMS.

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It's something which should be noted in the FAQ because yes MMS uses data and no they are not included in the text plans. I haven't used MMS in years but for folks who do, it could be a nasty surprise.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I think that you're correct in that other providers don't charge a surcharge or data for MMS.

Regarding the PT packages, I personally think the $0.25/MMS surcharge should be eliminated. Since the monthly voice plans use data to send/receive MMS, I would understand charging for data transport, but it seems like overkill to also charge $0.25/MMS on top of data transport.

While we're on the subject, why is there a surcharge at all, even on the Standard Plan? Data transport I understand, but not the $0.25/MMS surcharge...

Oh, and if you're talking about the FAQ (and WiKi) on HoFo, some people created that a few years ago, and did a good job getting it set up, but I never participated, and I think the people that did are no longer around, or have no time to keep it up anymore. Maybe a moderator could give a tutorial to anybody interested, and with the time to do it, on how to update the WiKi?
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present