Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Parkway Mobilicity (Monster Mobile) @ 85 Ellesmere in Toronto

Feedback Score

Problem with Parkway Mobilicity (Monster Mobile) @ 85 Ellesmere in Toronto

[removed]@mobilicity.ca
    [removed]
    Customer Care Coordinator

BTW -> I spent $600 on Saturday so I'm not trolling or behaving like a cheapskate

I contacted Mobilicity to initiate an investigation regarding my Mobilicity activation. Please email her if a dealer mishandled your account. I will explain my experience on Saturday and Tuesday.

* Saturday I visited Parkway Mobilicity operated by Vincent

* His staff Andrew (spike hair guy) pulled out a calculator and punched in numbers and pointed out I needed to prepay 2 months and put my Credit Card on PAC

* After he processed my CC, he opened a laptop, and without our knowledge, he typed in my CC info / created a Secret Answer / PIN

* He didn't provide this info to us

* Yesterday I phoned Mobilicity to check if my Port went smoothly but Mobilicity couldn't open my account because I couldn't provide Secret Answer or PIN - she explained all customers are provided this info by the dealer and suggested I phone Parkway

* Andrew answered at Parkway and refused to supply my Secret Answer and PIN. He said they don't give that to customers to prevent early cancellation

* Andrew told me to return in 35 days to pickup my PIN

* I told him that he's misrepresenting Mobilicity's policy and that he handled my CC info and accessed my Mobilicity account without my consent - He stated, "That's Our Policy. Go bother Mobilicity if you disagree."

So I did and Mobilicity is investigating Parkway. To all Mobilicity customers who experienced shady methods or being over-charged or refused a receipt or PIN @ dealers, feel free to email [removed]@mobilicity.ca
    Last edited by Moderator HF 41; 03-14-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Feedback Score
    At HofoMobilicity meet, Mobilicity confirmed they're downsizing to 1 corporate store per city and they're employing Secret Shoppers to monitor Dealers and ensuring Dealers comply with Mobilicity Guidelines. In recent weeks I see more dealers posting inconsistent prices and promos on Kijiji and Craigslist. Often, there are hidden stipulations requiring overpayment or charged $20 SIM card even though the customer purchased a phone with new activation. Parkway is a Repeat Offender

If you feel your dealer will benefit from a Mobilicity Corporate investigation:

* email Mobilicity

* include your name/phone/account number

* provide your observations/complaint

============================

Overall Mobilicity is good value. And previous Corporate locations (or those who managed corporate locations) tend to know what they're talking about. Lots of reliable guys that shared Dave Dobbin's vision for Mobilicity.

* Rod @ STC (previously @ Lawrence Corporate)
    * Matthew @ Dundas Church (previous manager @ Ellesmere Corporate)
    * Bill @ SQ1 (currently Toronto's Mobi Corporate Store)
    * Mehran @ Dundas Church (previous TL @ Zellers Centrepoint/Wellesley/Metro kiosks)
    Last edited by 7jaii; 03-14-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Feedback Score
    They were about to open an account for me until they said no refund or warranty on plan or phone. I asked about the 14 days return policy. They flat out said no...they don't do that. I told them to forget it. Seems like they make their own policy.

Device(s)
    LeEco Le Max 2
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can't Mobilicity reset the PIN? People forget the PIN all the time, I don't see why they need to beg the dealer to retrieve the PIN.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sable View Post
    Can't Mobilicity reset the PIN? People forget the PIN all the time, I don't see why they need to beg the dealer to retrieve the PIN.
    Yes they can reset the pin but only if your name, address and secret question matches.

The dealer here is borderline fraud and needs to be exposed. I hope the dealer gets thoroughly investigated

Sent from my Nexus One using HowardForums

Device(s)
    BB Bold2 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Robbers... err Rogers I mean
    Feedback Score
    This dealer needs to be shut down ASAP!! This is absolutely BS!!

May I ask, what incentive did they offer for you to pre-pay two months? And was this a pure Mobilicity store or were they selling other items as well prior to being a Mobilicity dealer?

Feedback Score
    They have ads on Kijiji for discounted phones (lower prices than Mobi dicounted price).

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ305022578

No where on the ad does it mention you have to sign on for 2 months. Plus they charge $20 for SIM even if you buy a phone. I thought it was included. What's worst is they dont follow the Mobilicity policy. Why would anyone buy from them if there is no warranty or refund? I drove all 35km to get there...what a waste of trip.

Feedback Score
    As mentioned, Mobilicity Corporate can't enforce policy unless Customers contact them through email. Phoning Mobilicity doesn't resolve the issue and CSR are powerless to penalize dealers. Any problems you encounter -> email Liana

Parkway is rotten but there are more. Stores advertising on Kijiji/Craigslist post great prices only to reneg or switch excuses when you arrive. When I phoned Vincent he said, "I can't quote price over the phone, come to my store next to Metro. We are Mobilicity but we can give you better price."

When I arrived, Andrew told me Kijiji prices were only available if I buy the phone, pay 2 months and put my credit card on PAC. I waited in line so long that it never occurred to me to ask for my security setup before leaving. It was very inappropriate to record my CC info on a separate laptop without my knowledge - and tell me 3 days later that they won't hand over that info before 35 days!

I can't make this stuff up. Mall has security cams and can confirm my recollection: holding my CC, ugly calculator on the counter, Pink laptop to record/activate customer info and security setup. I felt like they were holding my account hostage even though I spent $600 with them.

Quote Originally Posted by sable View Post
    Mobi enforces internal rules so that CSR can't access account unless you have PIN, or without it, you must provide Secret Answer.

In my case, Parkway set a Secret Answer and PIN without my knowledge and refused to provide it when I phone back Tuesday afternoon. Even Mobi's CSR agreed it's my account and I'm the only person allowed to know/set my security features. It goes beyond privacy issues, mishandling my credit card without my consent is against the law.

Device(s)
    HTC Sensation 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7jaii View Post
    * Yesterday I phoned Mobilicity to check if my Port went smoothly but Mobilicity couldn't open my account because I couldn't provide Secret Answer or PIN - she explained all customers are provided this info by the dealer and suggested I phone Parkway
    One of my friends bought a phone from Parkway last year. Parkway didn't provide either the secret answer or PIN. Called CSR a couple of times and got the answer and PIN finally. Mobilicity's CSR used to be very helpful but not now.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 rooted running custom ROM, LG V20 bog stock (no root alas :-( )
    Carrier(s)
    Wind (Mobilicity before December/14)
    Feedback Score
    I'm sorry to read all this about the Parkway dealer. They're the same dealer that I posted about the other week, since I was impressed by how many customers were around their kiosk. But it looks like they're not so nice to deal with. I'd suggest anyone in my area (I live very close to Parkway Mall) who is interested in signing up with Mobi should give Rizvi Electronics, about halfway along the mall and a Mobi dealer since 2010, a try. I found them to be nice guys and, although I don't know their current policy, when I first activated with them in December 2010 I was given my PIN right away. Although I _did_ prepay two months on my account, but if memory serves it was my idea, not any requirement imposed by the dealer. In any case, caveat emptor, everyone.

Feedback Score
    They'll get what's coming to them.
    Schemes like these do not last long.
    Anyone with similar experiences at this location, please speak up, and e-mail the address provided by 7jaii.
    My blood boils simply reading something like this!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    For a long time, we have thought of making a dealer shitlist on HoFo, but then again, it will be hard to verify (and competing dealers can sign up and spam it). IF anyone has a good idea of such an implementation ...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 rooted running custom ROM, LG V20 bog stock (no root alas :-( )
    Carrier(s)
    Wind (Mobilicity before December/14)
    Feedback Score
    I'd be careful about the site taking any position on dealers. I assume Howard doesn't want to deal with angry dealers threatening to sue him. It's one thing for a dissatisfied user to post his story, like in this thread, but it's quite another to turn it into some sort of official "dealers to avoid" list.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gun26 View Post
    I'd be careful about the site taking any position on dealers. I assume Howard doesn't want to deal with angry dealers threatening to sue him. It's one thing for a dissatisfied user to post his story, like in this thread, but it's quite another to turn it into some sort of official "dealers to avoid" list.
    That is the other reason why that thread doesnt exist.

Feedback Score
    Question to OP...

Did you contact the police? Media? Social Media? Before posting here?

Fritz Z24...

Sent from my Apple iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast