Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Parkway Mobilicity (Monster Mobile) @ 85 Ellesmere in Toronto

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 rooted running custom ROM, LG V20 bog stock (no root alas :-( )
    Carrier(s)
    Wind (Mobilicity before December/14)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    Question to OP...

Did you contact the police? Media? Social Media? Before posting here?

Fritz Z24...

Sent from my Apple iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    What ... is posting on HoFo the court of last resort now?

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    These people I believe are formerly Save on Telecom.
    They lost Telus dealerships across Canada for underhanded shady dealings . Check Telus forums from few years ago.
    Mobilicity was warned by me at the first Hofoicity in 2011

Feedback Score
    Interesting story. I can go over my encounter with the parkway mall store. I discovered them on Kijiji. They advertised the nexus S for $50 less than the mobilicity site, $300 instead of $350. They did tell me the stipulation was that I had to purchase 2 months of service instead of the normal 1 month to get the lower price. When pushed on why, the explanation was they did not want me to be running my phone on a wind account the second month. He did not want to be a hardware supplier for wind. As if he can stop me from switching on the third month, lol. I reasoned to myself that probably mobilicity may not pay dealers for new accounts until month 2, sort of like a sharing of risk. In exchange for cheaper hardware, he wanted assurance of the commission for a new account. Anyway, it did not matter to me that much to pay the extra $25 up front as I know what I was getting into and there were no plans to switch right away. In terms of setting up PAC, he did not ask for that. I called CS to set up the PAC. Overall, it was not a straightforward deal, but no underhanded tricks. BTW, he did want $20 for a SIM card, but I talked him out of it because his ad was not specific about that and mobilicity includes a SIM with phone purchase.

This guy was a lot better than another kijiji poster that operated out of the Bridlewood mall. He offered the same price, but when I went there he claimed he had no stock. He suggested that I pick up any phone and return it to him for exchange when stock is available. He "promised" not to apply any conditions on the exchange. Oh, I wasn't going to swallow that bait. I can see coming back in a week and he will tell me that I cannot return the hardware because I exceeded the usage limit. It must be the water in Scarborough. All the dealers have some sort of issue.

I suppose caveat emptor always applies.

Feedback Score
    @ will888. I agree. At least they don't lie to me.

I call Bridlewood about the promo they have on kijiji. They confirm they have the phone in the store. When I was there, they said they don't have and ask me to leave down deposit. For sure, I don't. Don't even know can they get the phone.

Then I went to Centerpoint Mobi (They have similar ad in kijiji). The Chinese girl try to play a game. i activate there and same thing she charges me two months. But she refuses to post my 2nd month payment in my account. She only post the first month and saying will post the 2nd month payment later. Not sure why she has to do this. After thinking for few days, I decide to go back to the Centerpoint and cancel it. Who knows whats going on. This is a fraud I will say.

Then I saw Parkway Mobi post on kijiji. At least they don't lie to me. They charge me 2 months also. But their service is very good. Everytime I call them, they will slove my issue. I don't even need to call customer service. May be that's why I don't need a pin.

Come on....you are looking for discount lower then the Mobilicity website. I think they are just trying to run their business (may be Mobi is paying the dealer money in the 2nd month). That's why they charge you 2 month. Make sense to me, no matter I need to pay next month. Only thing I care is I can save money on my phone. I like them. I will refer my friend to there. At least they don't lie and provide me after service. This is what we are looking for, right? If you want everything official, may be you have to go to a corporate store, don't get any discount. Those pin issue, you can easily reset through customer service. I did mine. Or just go back to the store. Talk to the lady, her name is Ada. She is very nice.

Parkway Mobi...I support you. Keep going to offer discount. You have nothing wrong.

Feedback Score
    @ 7jaii. Not trying to defend anyone. But seems they are just trying the best to run their business. They don't want anyone taking advantage on Mobilicity phone and go to Wind. I agree!!

Want to share my experience

I call Bridlewood about the promo they have on kijiji. They confirm they have the phones in stock. When I was there, they said they don't have and ask me to leave down deposit. For sure, I don't. Don't even know can they get the phone.

Then I went to Centerpoint Mob (They have similar ad in kijiji)i. The Chinese girl try to play a game. i activete there and same thing she charges me two months. But she refuses to post my 2nd month payment in there. She only post the first month and saying will post the 2nd month payment later. Not sure why she has to do this. After thinking for few days, I decide to go back to the Centerpoint and cancel it. Who knows whats going on later.

Then I saw Parkway Mobi post on kijiji. At least they don't lie to me. They charge me 2 months also. But their service is very good. Everytime I call them, they will slove my issue. I don't even need to call customer service. May be that's why I don't need a pin.

Come on....you are looking for discount lower then the Mobilicity website. I think they are just trying to run their business (may be Mobi is paying the dealer subsidy in the 2nd month). That's why they charge you the 2nd month. I like them. I will refer my friend to there. At least they don't lie and provide me after service. This is what we are looking for, right? I you want everything official, may be you have to go to a corporate store, don't get any discount.

Parkway Mobi...I support you. Keep going to offer discount. You have nothing wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tamda00 View Post
    They were about to open an account for me until they said no refund or warranty on plan or phone. I asked about the 14 days return policy. They flat out said no...they don't do that. I told them to forget it. Seems like they make their own policy.
    @ 7jaii. Not trying to defend anyone. But seems they are just trying the best to run their business. They don't want anyone taking advantage on Mobilicity phone and go to Wind. I agree!!

Want to share my experience

I call Bridlewood about the promo they have on kijiji. They confirm they have the phones in stock. When I was there, they said they don't have and ask me to leave down deposit. For sure, I don't. Don't even know can they get the phone.

Then I went to Centerpoint Mob (They have similar ad in kijiji)i. The Chinese girl try to play a game. i activete there and same thing she charges me two months. But she refuses to post my 2nd month payment in there. She only post the first month and saying will post the 2nd month payment later. Not sure why she has to do this. After thinking for few days, I decide to go back to the Centerpoint and cancel it. Who knows whats going on later.

Come on....you are looking for discount lower then the Mobilicity website. I think they are just trying to run their business (may be Mobi is paying the dealer subsidy in the 2nd month). That's why they charge you the 2nd month. I like them. I will refer my friend to there. At least they don't lie and provide me after service. This is what we are looking for, right? I you want everything official, may be you have to go to a corporate store, don't get any discount.

Feedback Score
    I want to say something for Parkway Mobilicity....because they are good

I just got a phone in Parkway Mobilicity today; I actually have a really good customer experience. They explain to me clearly what the charges and why they have to charge 2 month. People!! How hard is it for u to understand?!?! If they lower they price on the phone, they need to make sure Mobi pay them back. They need to make sure I use the service for them to having commission. They wrote their store # and email address on the receipt, if I have any question I can directly contact them. They said because they sold the phone to me, they should take care of the after service. I think this is customer service, not just tell u the pin and to call customer service if you have any problem. (This is my guest)….may be Mobi pay them in 2nd month. That’s why they have to do that.

I know a lot of people just want to take advantages of the low phone price, activate the line and take it to Wind. If you are really planning to use the service, I don’t know you will have such a big thing about the 2mth and pin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joocoo View Post
    I want to say something for Parkway Mobilicity....because they are good

I just got a phone in Parkway Mobilicity today; I actually have a really good customer experience. They explain to me clearly what the charges and why they have to charge 2 month. People!! How hard is it for u to understand?!?! If they lower they price on the phone, they need to make sure Mobi pay them back. They need to make sure I use the service for them to having commission. They wrote their store # and email address on the receipt, if I have any question I can directly contact them. They said because they sold the phone to me, they should take care of the after service. I think this is customer service, not just tell u the pin and to call customer service if you have any problem. (This is my guest)….may be Mobi pay them in 2nd month. That’s why they have to do that.

I know a lot of people just want to take advantages of the low phone price, activate the line and take it to Wind. If you are really planning to use the service, I don’t know you will have such a big thing about the 2mth and pin
    Seems like Parkway Mobilicity sent a few trolls on-line.

Feedback Score
    Complain is true?? Support is fake?? Can't the complain made up by their competitor

Feedback Score
    Complain is true?? Support is fake?? Can't the complain made up by their competitor
    I actually meant alltimes and yourself being trolls, you both sound the same.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by altimes View Post
    @ Then I saw Parkway Mobi post on kijiji. At least they don't lie to me.
    Just because CenterPoint's service is worst than Parkway's does not make Parkway a good dealer.

It would be more clear if Parkway and others printed "With 2 months activation" instead of "With activiation" on their Kijiji ads. If you are satisfied with Parkway's "All sales final" policy then good for you.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I got my Panache at this location when I lost my BB Curve and they had the Midnight Madness last August. I did find them through Kijiji. Their price was pretty good -- $250 for a brand-new Panache, with $25/month x 4 month Android credit. I think I did have to pay 2 months up front, but I did have my PIN and the secret question on me when I left.

It's a little puzzling what incentive would compel them to withhold such information from the customer, so I guess I'm a little bewildered by the OP. Maybe you caught them on a bad day?

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I'm no Sherlock Holmes but with mere deductive reasoning one can infer that some of these accounts created in March may be that of the Parkway Mobilicity store as seen commented above. In the future guys, try to make yourselves less obvious.

Shady dealers should never be praised, or given the benefit of the doubt because for each person that complains he or she represents a hidden majority of the customer base from that store who didn't deal with this situation in a vocal way. As far as I'm concerned this is as just as bad as fraud.

Device(s)
    BB Curve
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Hi 7jaii, this is Vincent from Parkway Mall Mobilicity. Sorry to hear that about your dissatisfaction. I can help to solve the problem. Can I have your phone # so I can contact you? Or please call me @ 647-227-7888. Please understand my goal is giving out discount to everyone. Everyone can benefit and I can run my business. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by altimes View Post
    may be Mobi is paying the dealer money in the 2nd month
    may be Mobi pay them in 2nd month
    One account would have sufficed, Alt-Ocoo.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast