Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Parkway Mobilicity (Monster Mobile) @ 85 Ellesmere in Toronto

Device(s)
    N5
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    This is why stores get set on fire and vandalized.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    This is rich. Joocoo, the guy that was advocating for the Parkgate store commented on atleast 10 threads in this Mobilicity forum... Does he think we won't notice him trying to bury this post? Extremely stupid on the store's part. Unless it's a coincidence that he's just a casual customer who had a positive experience at that very store, made an account this month and had the need to give give half-a responses in so many threads.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Mobi doesn't pay commission to the dealer until a subscriber pays for 2 months, which is why these dealers are pulling this 'scam'.

The more you know...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 rooted running custom ROM, LG V20 bog stock (no root alas :-( )
    Carrier(s)
    Wind (Mobilicity before December/14)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpieFiend View Post
    Mobi doesn't pay commission to the dealer until a subscriber pays for 2 months, which is why these dealers are pulling this 'scam'.

The more you know...
    And an aboveboard dealer should spell that out to the customer, which would put the blame for the 2 month requirement where it belongs.

Device(s)
    N5
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Mobi needs to tighten the leash on these rogue stores. Standardize pricing, reveal all signup costs online and don't allow stores to charge customers for over 1 month of service except for multimonth plans. Just needs a couple website and database updates.

Doubt mobi will do anything at all. Mobi needs the retail locations as much as the stores need to scam customers. Slap on the wrist and the scamming continues.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gun26 View Post
    And an aboveboard dealer should spell that out to the customer, which would put the blame for the 2 month requirement where it belongs.
    This information is considered secret and the dealer can lose their franchise if they tell the customer, so it will never happen. If you ever wondered why every Mobi dealer on the face of the planet asks you to prepay for 60 days, now you know.

I would say that this is another example of Mobi being a little less than honest, but most franchises/dealerships where commission is involved have this sort thing going on.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Helloo View Post
    Mobi needs to tighten the leash on these rogue stores. Standardize pricing, reveal all signup costs online and don't allow stores to charge customers for over 1 month of service except for multimonth plans. Just needs a couple website and database updates.

Doubt mobi will do anything at all. Mobi needs the retail locations as much as the stores need to scam customers. Slap on the wrist and the scamming continues.
    Mobi actually encourages this sort of behaviour, because they know if the customer sticks around for 60 days then they're probably not going to leave.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

Worst Store Ever

Here is my experience with Mobilicity kiosk (Beside Metro) at Parkway Mall location.

First of all, let me tell you that I am with mobilicity since almost the start of the company, and currently I have 3 active lines from mobilicity. So, I really don’t like when something like this happens with any of the mobilicity customers. But it happened to me, and I really hate it.

I heard about the Mobilicity’s offer of $200 off on one of my favourite mobilicity phone “HTC Panache”... So, I searched for better deals online on several websites including Kijiji, where I found a Mobilicity Authorised Store’s ad saying that he will give more discounts to customers and they only have a limited stock left!

So, after reading this ad, I called them to confirm that they have phone in stock and the price. The guy ([removed]) offered me $280+tax and it was $20 more discount than the mobilicity’s advertisements, so, I said I will come by to pick one up. And I confirmed with him, that it comes with all the receipts and warranty and its authorised store, the guy on phone ([removed]) said yes, everything is complete and with receipt and warranty from an authorised mobilicity store.

On August 15, I went there to buy the phone. The sales person at the store was [removed], and who is the same person with whom I talked on phone earlier that day. I told him that I called and he offered me $280 price for Panache, so he said yeah and he will give the phone in that price. So, I bought one, and when I was paying, he told me that he can only accept cash as he gave me the discount on the phone, and I didn’t mind paying in cash if it would save me $20 bucks! So, I gave him the cash, he gave me the phone and he started doing something else! I was expecting a receipt as I bought the brand new phone from the store, so I asked him for the receipt, and he said, he won’t give me the receipt at that time because its the discounted price and I can come back after 15 days to get the receipt anytime!

And he also did not put the new phone info on my mobilicity account!! I was shocked by his behaviour after getting the cash in his hand, though, I thought whatever, I will swing by 15 days later and get the receipt.

So, after around 16-17 days, I went to the store to get my receipt, and there was a different guy at the store, who was not ready to believe that I bought the phone from that store, and I was supposed to come after 15 days to get my receipt. He said the store does not deal with that kind of transactions, And my Mobilicity account doesn’t say that I ever bought a phone from them! So I asked him to confirm it with the other guy who sold me the phone. After arguing with him for some time, he agreed to call [removed], and asked him about me. And after talking to him, he said it’s between me and [removed] to solve the problem and the store had nothing to do with me or my phone!

This was really ridiculous because I bought the phone from the store, I don’t care who the sales person was! I went to the store, and paid the money, and my money went straight to the store’s cash register, So my transaction was with the store and not with sales person!! And that’s what I care about!

So, I got angry and called [removed] myself to talk to him about the situation! He told me to come back after a day or two during his shift to get the receipt, so I insisted that I need the receipt now, because I do not want to come back again and it’s not near my place that I can come every day! So, he just said that it’s not possible to give me the receipt unless he is there himself. I told him that I will complaint the customer care if I don’t get my receipt for the phone which I bought from the store! And after this, he threatened me that, if I call customer care and complaint about him, he will just say that he did not sell me the phone, and then he will not even give me the receipt, so I will lose my warranty as well !

Because of his threat of denying the receipt and warranty for my phone, I couldn’t do anything and I had to go back! So, after a couple of days I went again to take the receipt, and he printed me a crappy receipt which I am sure is fake!

And I also paid him the tax on the phone, so he is also not paying tax to the government which he collects from the customers!

I have attached the scanned copy of my receipt which clearly looks fake, but I had no other option then at least getting something from that store!

You can look at the total and HST column of the receipt which has “$$” before the amount! Anyone can print a fake receipt like that with no printed dates or any solid genuine information!!!!

So, in short,

1) The store advertises wrong prices, and the staff misinforms the customers!

2) Staff threatens customers to deny their warranty and receipt if they complaint about him or the store!

3) Issues fake receipts!

4) Does not pay Taxes to the Government which they collected from customers!

5) Rude staff and no value of customers!

I have attached the crappy fake receipt which the store issued me, and their advertisement on Kijiji as on 4th December, 2011. You can easily find their advertisements by just searching for “Parkway mall Mobilicity” on Kijiji.ca

I really want mobilicity to take some actions against the kiosk and especially against this guy [removed] who handles this kind of transactions and threatens customers.

I am going to make all the efforts to make people aware of this Mobilicity Kiosk’s cheatings. And it is unfortunate that it will also affect mobilicity’s reputation itself!

Name:  Kijiji Ad.jpg
Views: 1946
Size:  842.1 KBName:  Panache Receipt.jpg
Views: 11937
Size:  943.0 KB

(I have removed the imei number from the bill)

Mod edit: Removed personal info of the dealer. Please dont post personal info of someone else!
    Last edited by xtachx; 03-19-2012 at 04:11 PM.
    $27.50/month with tax in:
    Unlimited:
    Text & Picture Messaging
    Local, Canadian and U.S. Long Distance
    Global Text Messaging
    Data & BIS
    Caller ID, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, 3 Way Calling

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Mobi actually encourages this sort of behaviour, because they know if the customer sticks around for 60 days then they're probably not going to leave.
    Again you are ranting without proof.

Sent from my Nexus One using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 rooted running custom ROM, LG V20 bog stock (no root alas :-( )
    Carrier(s)
    Wind (Mobilicity before December/14)
    Feedback Score
    Withholding the dealer's commission unless the customer sticks around for 60 days, and not revealing that policty to the customer, is not good. I think we should be making informed choices as customers.

Device(s)
    Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    I hope you and anyone who is getting mistreated as a customer can expose these stores so that dealer standards can improve nationwide. They're probably only trying to help you now because you posted in a public forum and the thread has over 1500 views already and they're losing customers. Don't let them sweep this matter under the carpet and continue their poor practices.

Quote Originally Posted by 7jaii View Post
    I told him that he's misrepresenting Mobilicity's policy and that he handled my CC info and accessed my Mobilicity account without my consent - He stated, "That's Our Policy. Go bother Mobilicity if you disagree."
    Quote Originally Posted by amin123 View Post
    I told him that I will complaint the customer care if I don’t get my receipt for the phone which I bought from the store! And after this, he threatened me that, if I call customer care and complaint about him, he will just say that he did not sell me the phone, and then he will not even give me the receipt, so I will lose my warranty as well !
    Clearly it seems this store doen't give a rat's a** about their customers. Hopefully this will come up on the front page on the Google search for their store.

If I was going to spend over $600 I would only do so at a corporate store or a reputable store that I know will give me reasonable service after the purchase, even if it's slightly more costly!
    Last edited by Insurge; 03-17-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    They just opened a location on Yonge street. Be careful.

Sent from my Nexus S using HowardForums

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Call your credit card company, have them reverse charges.
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Device(s)
    Moto KRZR (RED)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    Call your credit card company, have them reverse charges.
    Agreed! Also give a call to Toronto Police Service since he is committing fraud.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Doesn't surprise me if true. At the Van Hofolicity meet Dave said he liked the guy at the commercial drive kiosk who just told iPhone users to sign up and use roaming service.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast