Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 113

Thread: Problem with Parkway Mobilicity (Monster Mobile) @ 85 Ellesmere in Toronto

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,231
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Edit: Thread re-opened after consultation with site admins, since there was a question/complaint about the neutrality of the thread.


    1. Personal information (names, addresses etc) of several people has been deleted.
    2. You are welcome to discuss the issue, as long as no personal; information has been posted and as long as the discussion remains polite.
    3. The dealer is also free to discuss the issue and respond to dealer feedback.


    If any different info comes up on this subject, dont hesitate to post it.
    Last edited by xtachx; 03-20-2012 at 01:51 PM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, bc
    Posts
    17
    Carrier(s)
    Wind: Holiday Miracle Plan
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mobilicity seems to have the sketchiest dealers around. I see more complaints about borderline fraud from Mobi dealers than any others combined. For a company which is claiming to become a national leader of the new entrants this does not bode well. It just reeks of a company (Mobi) with little or no integrity and a feeding a dealer network of scammers. Why would I or anyone else trust my money to this? Price and value is one thing, but come on. Wind may have issues but none as back alley as these.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    99
    Feedback Score
    0
    I had a problem at this kiosk as well.

    I called and asked how much for a nexus s without a activation. He quoted me $50 more then the ad said, but it was still less then other stores. I said great, hold one for me I'm on my way. He then said for myself to actually come the next day because he wasn't in the store. So, I waited till the next day to get my new toy. When I went to buy it he said that he actually decided he could not se me just the phone. He would sell it to me with a new activation. When I questioned why he would waste my time like this when I clearly stated I was only interested in the phone the day before he said that if I still wanted the phone he would sell it to me in 3 days, if he still had it.

    I realize its he can sell his phones to whomever he wants, but this was a giant waste of time and a big pain. He clearly had no respect for other peoples time.

    My own opinion of this parkway mall kiosk... The guy who owns/manages this place is clearly a rookie with little to no business sense. He's more of a kijiji ad with a cash register then he is a real store. He seemed like a sneaky guy thats in over his head. I think drug dealers are running a way better and more helpful business then Monster Mobile at Parkway mall!

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sounds like a prime candidate for ratings on google maps/places

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,231
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by amoosefloats View Post
    Mobilicity seems to have the sketchiest dealers around. I see more complaints about borderline fraud from Mobi dealers than any others combined. For a company which is claiming to become a national leader of the new entrants this does not bode well. It just reeks of a company (Mobi) with little or no integrity and a feeding a dealer network of scammers. Why would I or anyone else trust my money to this? Price and value is one thing, but come on. Wind may have issues but none as back alley as these.
    Haha wind has equally shady dealers as well. My friends got scammed by a few of them

    Sent from my Nexus One using HowardForums

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6
    Device(s)
    BB Curve
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    0
    "Hello this is from Parkway store. We have heard your complaints and have taken appropreate action, and made sure that our customers aren't treated this way. @RoboCack, please give me a call or pm, I will ensure that this is corrected...."

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    463
    Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    It's unfortunate that some dealers spoil it for all the other dealers out there. I had a brief dealing with the Parkway Mall kiosk, but I wouldn't state my experience was bad; just neutral and expected. I was trying to buy a 9780 when they cut the price to $199 and Mobi was offering the 50% off plans deal, but they would only sell it with activation. Overall, they did me a favour by saving me the $199 that I would've spent on an impulse buy. I'm interested in hearing if the OP's issues were resolved (either by the dealer or by Mobi) and if his port went fine.

    For what it's worth, my gf activated her line with Suanlink out at Finch and Middlefield in Scarborough and everything went well. The only negative with their location is that Mobi didn't get signal inside the mall where the store is located, so we needed to go outside to test the line once it was activated. Other than that, I'd have to say that the overall experience was good.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6
    Device(s)
    BB Curve
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just one add on. Please understand sometimes the stock level is very tight especially for a replacement unit. Sometimes we have no choice having the phone be a new activation. I apologize for the customer having inconvenience. You just need to wait for few more days I dig it out from other stores for you!!! Which I did!!! Again, I always want to try my best to help everyone. Please call or PM me, I will. Thanks for the understanding

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,444
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Edit: Thread re-opened after consultation with site admins, since there was a question/complaint about the neutrality of the thread.
    I'd be curious to know who the complainant was

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vwan View Post
    Just one add on. Please understand sometimes the stock level is very tight especially for a replacement unit. Sometimes we have no choice having the phone be a new activation. I apologize for the customer having inconvenience. You just need to wait for few more days I dig it out from other stores for you!!! Which I did!!! Again, I always want to try my best to help everyone. Please call or PM me, I will. Thanks for the understanding
    This doesn't make up for the shady practices to lure people in to the store by lieing and telling them you will sell a phone for $X without activation and then change your mind after they have made the trip.

    Please tell us how you have "taken appropriate action so our customers are not treated this way", because from what you are saying, nothing has actually changed.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6
    Device(s)
    BB Curve
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks for you advise. For the above case, I don't have stock when he first come. I have to spend 3 days to find out the stock for the customer. Don't understandwhy now!! And we have writen down clearly on the ad. price are for new activation. The reason for the new activation price cheaper then the replacement unit is we can use the commission cover the cost of the phone. that's why just the phone will be little bit more expensive.

    We are trying hard to make sure our customer happy. I have no problem giving out discount to the customer as long as I don't lose money. But in order for me to give out special, we have to make sure customer using the service. You cannot imagine how many activation per week we got scam, got taken advantage by customer taking the discount phone and cancel the line 5 hours after the activation. We average lost $500 per week now.

    I always fix all the issue for all the customer. I can even spend 3 hours to help my customer get use to Android from a basic phone. For my area, I can't ask my happy customer leave comment in the forum. They don't know much. Why don't I put it in this way. PM or call me, I will explain every details for all the complain and action. I have advised by head office I cannot put the details here due to pivacy issue. I don't mind you share my answer to everyone afterward without personal info.

    On the other hand, I would like everyone to apprecaite I am giving out discount. Before nobody do that. Starting from April and on going, you will not see that much discount anymore due to the changes of the phone cost. I think there will be no argument afterward.

    Thanks for your understanding

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    121
    Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Can you please address the issue from the OP regarding the Secret Question and PIN that was withheld?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,139
    Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vwan View Post
    We have heard your complaints and have taken appropreate action, and made sure that our customers aren't treated this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote73 View Post
    This doesn't make up for the shady practices to lure people in to the store by lieing and telling them you will sell a phone for $X without activation and then change your mind after they have made the trip.

    Please tell us how you have "taken appropriate action so our customers are not treated this way", because from what you are saying, nothing has actually changed.
    Of even greater concern is the recording of the customer's credit card information on a laptop separate from the POS terminal, and generating an account PIN and security question then refusing to supply those, effectively locking the customer out of their own account, as reported by the OP and others. And then there's refusing to honour the Mobilicity return policy. And insisting on payment in cash then denying the customer their purchase receipt and not registering the purchased phone on the customer's account.

    Has that person been fired? That would seem appropriate action. Was vwan aware of or engaged in these practices?

    Quote Originally Posted by MorsVincitOmnia View Post
    My blood boils simply reading something like this!
    Mine too.

    --
    vwan has offered a detailed response to the 'charges'
    Last edited by pjw918; 03-23-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: acknowledged vwan's response

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    19
    Device(s)
    Motorola W510
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Lol .. I see other Scarborough dealers bashing V of Parkway Mall.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vwan View Post

    We are trying hard to make sure our customer happy. I have no problem giving out discount to the customer as long as I don't lose money. But in order for me to give out special, we have to make sure customer using the service. You cannot imagine how many activation per week we got scam, got taken advantage by customer taking the discount phone and cancel the line 5 hours after the activation. We average lost $500 per week now.
    I stumbled across this thread from RedFlag Deals.. I already warned everyone on RF about this particular store and decided to join this forum to share my experience.

    I quoted VWAN's comment because it relates to the experience I had.

    I purchased a phone from Parkway mall after reading their AD on Kijiji. Everything went well until after the cashout and the owner refused to give me a receipt. I told him that either he give me a receipt or my money back. I was told that if he takes the money back "he will be losing money" and I can have my receipt after 35 days???

    He did tell me that he would take care of me for the first 35 days, but I didnt care... I do not want to go through the hassle of going back to a store after a month to possibly get a receipt which i should be getting in the first place.

    this dealer is just plain sketchy.

    I personally dont care if he's losing money due to his shady practices.. its something that I as a consumer was shocked to hear, nor is it relevent.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with T-Mobile SIM and 3650
    By Jon_Hanson in forum Symbian/S60
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:27 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-22-2002, 05:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks