Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Parkway Mobilicity (Monster Mobile) @ 85 Ellesmere in Toronto

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I think it's time to call a news company's trouble shooters line and get more exposure on this location.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus, Blackberry Passport, Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Is this dealer Asian? Can barely type and has horrible grammar. No I'm not a racist because I'm Asian too, but this person can't convince people if he can't even write properly. And what's the deal with all his exclamation marks?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. No one's falling for your shady practices anymore vwan, so just give it up and save yourself the trouble of explaining because we all know nothing's going to change.

Device(s)
    BB Curve
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=pjw918;14762562]Of even greater concern is the recording of the customer's credit card information on a laptop separate from the POS terminal, and generating an account PIN / security question then refusing to supply that to the customer as reported by the OP and others. And then there's refusing to honour the Mobilicity return policy. And insisting on payment in cash then denying the customer their purchase receipt and not registering the purchased phone on the customer's Mobilicity account.

Has that person been fired? That would seem appropriate action. Was vwan aware of or engaged in these practices?

Thanks for your concern. I will talk to my rep and make sure this will not happen

1. Record credit card info in the laptop - this is never happen. We always just put the customer credit card info into Mobilicity activation portal. The reason customer misunderstanding I believe is because we are using a laptop for activation. We are in the kiosk, we have one desktop in there. If we are busy and two rep working on the same time, we will take out the store laptop to do the activation in order to faster the process. We won't copy down the customer credit card info for other use. Let's put it in this way. Starting from now, if any customer not feeling comfortable the rep put the credit card info for them, I will hand you the keyboard, you can punch in yourself. There is no way for me to retrieve any info. It's only showing XXX

2. PIN # - Usually we will use a default password "1234". The only reason is there are too many customers forgot their PIN everyday and we have a hard time helping them in the store. It is not only the hard time, customer is yelling in the store why I can't help them. They are saying that they even have the ID with them, why I can't help them. Only thing I can do is that advise the customer call customer service to reset the PIN. I can show you prove many dealers are using default PIN across Canada. It is very easy to reset the PIN if you want to. Just need to ask the rep. Or you just need to call in customer service and tell them you forgot. Even thought you have forgot your secret question / answer as well. You just need to tell them your name, address, or may be email and home phone #. If they don't trust you, they will ask you to come back to the store to verify the ID. Usually this will not happen, because Mobilicity does not required a ID for activation. Reset the PIN is easy, there is no point for me to hide the PIN. I have communicate with my team, we will make sure we are clear to all the customer and minimize the misunderstanding. Apologize to all misunderstanding and inconvenience. Welcome to come to my store and mystery shop and check it out.

3. Refuse to honer the return - this is a scam. Customer trying to take the advantage from my store. Getting the phone and plan then cancel the plan with customer service right after the activation. Refund the monthly payment and keep the phone. Honestly, I hate this and I hate to be a Wind or Rogers phone supplier. Even some existing customer will take the advantage like this. Why I have to do that. The reason why the price of the phone is that low because of the activation. Cancel right after and keep the phone make me lose money. That's why I always refuse customer coming back and saying return the plan and keep the phone. Yes I refuse. If you want to return, come back and return the phone as well. Don't play the game. We are taking serious for this issue. If we find out the customer is trying to take the advantage, we even refuse to give out discount. I know may be you guys don't care, but I have to care about the business.

4. For not offering the receipt - there is a very big misunderstanding that time. Customer wait for the phone for three days. We give the phone to the customer right after the phone arrive. That is my mistake, I forgot to register the phone into the POS for receipt purposes. I apologize, customer needs to come back to get the receipt. I am not in the store. The rep cannot generate the receipt from the past. The receipt I have given to the customer is a real receipt. Lots of dealer and stores are given out a Letter size receipt, not only from the POS. That receipt is no problem for claiming any warranty in Mobilicity store including my store. For that case, I have spent 3 days to find the phone for the customer. Pay for the shipping. Why don't the customer try to appreciate what I did. Any customer comes back to me for the service of the phone and account issue. I always take care.

5. Register the phone in the system – Mobilicity phone never required to register in the system except it is a promotion, we need to give you monthly payment discount. All the warranty are based on the IMEI. Before the phone has arrived to the store, IMEI is already recorded as Mobiliciy stock in the warehouse. Even you do not have anything, we still know this is a Mobilicity stock. And Mobilicity is not a contract company. You pay and own the phone, there is not a mandatory to enter the IMEI in the system except promotion.

Sorry everyone for the long post. I think I have to stop the reply. Seems no matter what the result is like that. Apologize the inconvenience to everyone. I will talk to my team again make sure they are clear to the policy and provide the best customer we have. I can only do whatever I can. Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by vwan View Post

4. For not offering the receipt - there is a very big misunderstanding that time. Customer wait for the phone for three days. We give the phone to the customer right after the phone arrive. That is my mistake, I forgot to register the phone into the POS for receipt purposes. I apologize, customer needs to come back to get the receipt. I am not in the store. The rep cannot generate the receipt from the past. The receipt I have given to the customer is a real receipt. Lots of dealer and stores are given out a Letter size receipt, not only from the POS. That receipt is no problem for claiming any warranty in Mobilicity store including my store. For that case, I have spent 3 days to find the phone for the customer. Pay for the shipping. Why don't the customer try to appreciate what I did. Any customer comes back to me for the service of the phone and account issue. I always take care.
    What about my case?? You straight away told me that you will not give me any kind of receipt and I will have to come after 15 days. And after going back to the store, your rep said the store did not sell me the phone, its between you and me only, he confirmed that the store had nothing to do with the sale!!! And when I called you, you just threatened to deny that you ever sold me the phone if I complaint this to Mobilicity !

In addition to that, No one ever could believe you that it's not a fake receipt from the looks of it. Just take a look at it yourself.

So, Solve the following problems:

1) The store advertises wrong prices, and the staff misinforms the customers!

2) Staff threatens customers to deny their warranty and receipt if they complaint about him or the store!

3) Issues fake receipts!

4) Does not pay Taxes to the Government which they collected from customers!

5) Rude staff and no value of customers!

The Best solution is to fire VW because he is always involved in these cases and he is the one who puts these ads on Kijiji to lure customers!
    Last edited by amin123; 03-24-2012 at 04:25 AM.
    $27.50/month with tax in:
    Unlimited:
    Text & Picture Messaging
    Local, Canadian and U.S. Long Distance
    Global Text Messaging
    Data & BIS
    Caller ID, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, 3 Way Calling

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus, Blackberry Passport, Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    About the PIN # part, such a simple fix. Just put the PIN # on that Mobilicity booklet that's given to the customer (the booklet that has the SIM attached). Problem solved.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S3, Note 2, Bold 9900, Q10
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    If a store owner refuses to give you a receipt, you should immediately request a refund. I won't buy anything without a receipt. I won't even purchase lunch without receiving a receipt.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not putting down vwan, here, but when my gf activated her Mobi line, she didn't need to produce any credit card info, so I'm not sure why it's needed except to set up PAC, but the dealer didn't require her to do that. However, she activated in 2010, so maybe procedures have changed.

While I am understanding of vwan's concerns of being "ripped off" by customers, as someone who also works in small business, I know how vulnerable it can be. However, you also need to be aware of where the customers are coming from, and need to recognize that you can't make money off everybody, and sometimes you will lose. I'm sure that due to the dispute between the OP and vwan in this thread that vwan has probably lost a few potential customers. Whether that trade-off was worth it is another story.

I don't see a clear answer about the OP's situation here being addressed by either the OP or vwan. Did the OP get his PIN? Was the port completed?

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by amin123 View Post

What about my case?? You straight away told me that you will not give me any kind of receipt and I will have to come after 15 days...

3) Issues fake receipts!
    The receipt that was issued after the fact is valid, even though it looks different from what would have been generated at the time of the original sale.*

There is never any valid reason for refusing to supply a receipt for a cash purchase at time of sale. Out of tape? printer busted? receipt book empty? Use pen and paper. But here there was no physical impediment.

--
    * almost valid.. it records the transaction and method of payment, but I don't see the date of sale

@ vwan - you need to issue a fully detailed receipt to amin, and explain why he was instructed to wait 15 days. It's in your best interests to continue to respond. You will minimize the damage to your business by addressing each of the concerns raised in this thread and with a credible assurance that any out-of-norm business practices have ended. You've expressed that intention.
    Last edited by pjw918; 03-23-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Feedback Score
    "Hello this is from Parkway store. We have heard your complaints and have taken appropreate action, and made sure that our customers aren't treated this way. @RoboCack, please give me a call or pm, I will ensure that this is corrected...."
    Don't worry about it. When I saw how shady everything was and how much time I had already wasted going to your kiosk, I solved the problem myself...I bought the same phone somewhere else.
    Let me just add that I believe you that you were waiting for stock for the 1st day you asked me to wait. However, deciding you no longer wanted to sell me the phone without a activation (which was part of the deal! I clearly said I did not want to activate a new account!) Was obviously you thinking that you had the possibility to make a little more cash if someone did want to buy a new account as well.
    This was over a year ago. As I said I did buy the phone somewhere else as a result.

Feedback Score
    This thread is turning into a feeding frenzy. Most dealers would not probably get into debate with customers. I think this dealer is wrong by doing some unethical business practices. I also think it is rare to see someone take time to respond to consumer's concerns.

At the end of the day, we are all in this for the same thing, to keep more money for ourselves. This is a capitalist society. Consumers want to save more. Merchants want to make more. Cell phone dealers do not run a charity. We have to respect that.

I am not in the cell phone business. However, I do have a business. If my customer is trying to waste my time, I would lose interests in helping that person. (eg, repeated requests / calls / prolonged conversation, resulting in no gainful revenue).

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=amin123;14763021]

1) The store advertises wrong prices, and the staff misinforms the customers!
    It's a very big problem everywhere! Have you been with Rogers? Look at their newly advertised plan
    http://www.rogers.com/web/content/fa...n-0212-_-slot4

Unlimited talk and text Family plan for $27.75?! There is no real price listed there... The real price is $96! You can add a third line for extra $27.75. Isn't it false advertising / bait-n-switch?

I don't have any hope for getting an honest cell phone dealer in Canada. It's like getting used car sales... you just have to fend for youself... or be ready to be taken to the cleaners.

Feedback Score
    Most CEO's are also just plain car salesmen. Good point.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S3, Note 2, Bold 9900, Q10
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

3. Refuse to honer the return - this is a scam. Customer trying to take the advantage from my store. Getting the phone and plan then cancel the plan with customer service right after the activation. Refund the monthly payment and keep the phone.
    No, the customer is trying to find a good deal, and you're offering it to them, but with too many hoops to jump through. You can't prevent someone from canceling their service with Mobilicity. You don't make the rules. It's almost as if you're trying to impose your own contract on these customers. You're taking a risk by discounting the phone in hopes of attracting new customers. You're trying to minimize that risk at the expense of other peoples satisfaction. Your goal is to undercut the official price of a device so that you reap the rewards of recurring payments made to you for having signed up a great deal of customers. It's easy to see what your plan was, and there really isn't a way for you to defend yourself now. I suppose the lesson to learn here is if you see a dealer selling a phone below the official Mobilicity price, you can rest assured that you will have a tough time dealing with that location in the future. In any event, Mobilicity should not allow dealers to sell new phones below their listed price.
    Last edited by Deafmented; 03-24-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafmented View Post
    No, the customer is trying to find a good deal, and you're offering it to them, but with too many hoops to jump through. You can't prevent someone from canceling their service with Mobilicity. You don't make the rules. It's almost as if you're trying to impose your own contract on these customers. You're taking a risk by discounting the phone in hopes of attracting new customers. You're trying to minimize that risk at the expense of other peoples satisfaction. Your goal is to undercut the official price of a device so that you reap the rewards of recurring payments made to you for having signed up a great deal of customers. It's easy to see what your plan was, and there really isn't a way for you to defend yourself now. I suppose the lesson to learn here is if you see a dealer selling a phone below the official Mobilicity price, you can rest assured that you will have a tough time dealing with that location in the future. In any event, Mobilicity should not allow dealers to sell new phones below their listed price.
    Hear, hear!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafmented View Post
    I can see this being a potential difficulty. Unless mobilicity runs a really tight set of rules for the stores, they probably have the right to do as they please. Being a new company, the rules will tend to be sparse so that they don't scare off potential franchisees. vwan could have been more up front and honest with customers that reduced price hardware requires them to stay past the first month. He will have to judge character to see whether the customer is shopping for hardware or phone plan. I guess I was lucky that he did not pull any stupid stunts on me. I got the hardware at a reduced price, still on the plan and he got his commission. Win-win situation.

Going off topic a bit, I am sure that wind is reading this thread and having heart palpitations. These mobilicity stores are the official hardware suppliers to wind. What if the supply chain is affected, lol.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast