Thread: ATT or Verizon SIM card

Feedback Score

ATT or Verizon SIM card

Does anyone know which SIM card is used in the Kissimee/Poinciana (Florida) area? Is it ATT or Verizon. My sister, thanks to me, is convinced to switch her service over to Tracfone. She had an ATT phone, at one time, and it didn't work in her house...only in the middle of the street outside her house. She now has Verizon. She's tired of the huge bills for things she doesn't use. Their zip code is: 34759.

Thanks.
    Sheryl

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ciliegia View Post
    Does anyone know which SIM card is used in the Kissimee/Poinciana (Florida) area? Is it ATT or Verizon. My sister, thanks to me, is convinced to switch her service over to Tracfone. She had an ATT phone, at one time, and it didn't work in her house...only in the middle of the street outside her house. She now has Verizon. She's tired of the huge bills for things she doesn't use. Their zip code is: 34759. Thanks. Sheryl
    I am in Central Florida, Orange County.

Verizon doesn't use SIM cards. It uses CDMA phones. If she gets good service with Verizon, she can use a CDMA Tracfone which will operate on the Verizon network. A better idea would probably be for her to go to PagePlus which is a Verizon-based MVNO. Cheaper, better selection of phones and better customer service. They have a forum right here on HoFo. She most likely would get to keep her current Verizon phone if it is postpaid, not a prepaid phone, and she would definitely get to keep her number. She can keep it if she switches to Tracfone, too.

Tracfone GSM phones (SIM cards) also run on T-Mobile. Is there good T-Mobile service where she is? If so and she is determined to go with Tracfone, then consider a T-Mo based GSM phone.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know which SIM card is used in the Kissimee/Poinciana (Florida) area? Is it ATT or Verizon. My sister, thanks to me, is convinced to switch her service over to Tracfone. She had an ATT phone, at one time, and it didn't work in her house...only in the middle of the street outside her house. She now has Verizon. She's tired of the huge bills for things she doesn't use. Their zip code is: 34759.

Thanks.
    Sheryl
    Ordering with 34759 zip will get you a T-Movile SIM (service) phone. That could be better or worse than AT&T. The Tracfone CDMA/Verizon phone choices are poor:
    http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdir...list=true&AID=

Feedback Score
    It looks as if it will be, whatever phone, a G. If it's T-Mobile, as suggested, how's their service? This is for my older sister who's technologically challenged (and will make my life miserable if things don't work well).

Feedback Score
    It looks as if it will be, whatever phone, a G. If it's T-Mobile, as suggested, how's their service? This is for my older sister who's technologically challenged (and will make my life miserable if things don't work well).
    Only your sister can say how good T-mo service is where she is. And I don't believe anyone actually suggested T-mobile. We were just responding to your comment that ATT didn't work in her house.

Does your sister have neighbors who are not technologically challenged? What so they use?

What section of the country are you located in?