Iphone 5 iphone 4s Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xc0m View Post
    Hmm, just checked My Rogers, and it says this in data plan now :

10GB SP Data Share Plan

Shouldn't that say LTE somewhere?
    Same plan here and have lte on both devices! Maybe your sim is not LTE compatible or maybe your apn is not set right, and make sure lte is set to on, on your ipad. Check these and report back! Apn should be lteinternet.apn

Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Yep, LTE micro sim that shipped with the Ipad3. LTE is on in Cellular data and the APN is set to lteinternet.apn

Rebooted the ipad and still 3g. I was told to wait another 3-5 business days today when i called in

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread, but why is everyone going out and getting data share plans for the new iPad right now? I've got the 6GB plan on my iPhone (and, according to several CSR, it's LTE-enabled) but right now I've got the $5 flex plan, which, for two months, has unlimited data. So, instead of paying $10 a month to share a 6GB bucket, I pay $5 and have a bottomless bucket.

Is there something I'm missing? According to everything I've read and been told by CSR, I can switch out at the end of my two months and go to the data share at that time with the same SIM.

Phone
    Carrier
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    Yep, LTE micro sim that shipped with the Ipad3. LTE is on in Cellular data and the APN is set to lteinternet.apn

Rebooted the ipad and still 3g. I was told to wait another 3-5 business days today when i called in
    That's the problem... The sim card that came with the iPad is not for monthly plans, but for prepaid plans witch is not compatible with lte for now.Go to a Rogers near you get a micro sim lte for 10$ NOT THE PREPAID ONE THAT COMES IN A PACKAGE, IT'S ONLY A CARD. They even might give it to you for free! Then transfer your current sim service to your new micro sim and you should be up and working on LTE!

Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by big samm View Post
    That's the problem... The sim card that came with the iPad is not for monthly plans, but for prepaid plans witch is not compatible with lte for now.Go to a Rogers near you get a micro sim lte for 10$ NOT THE PREPAID ONE THAT COMES IN A PACKAGE, IT'S ONLY A CARD. They even might give it to you for free! Then transfer your current sim service to your new micro sim and you should be up and working on LTE!

wow, if that's the case, I'll get that done later today. Why would no one at Rogers know this, or tell me this?

Phone
    Carrier
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    wow, if that's the case, I'll get that done later today. Why would no one at Rogers know this, or tell me this?
    I really don't know it's a bit complicated and the iPad was released just 7 days after they announce it, maybe Rogers didn't have time to adjust their plans and everything...
    Please report back to see if it works.

Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    victory!!

I called again, was bounced from rogers internet support, to ipad support, to customer care (i think). Got someone who either really likes his job, or knows a lot about it. Put me on hold for 10 minutes, got it all fixed, and LTE is now up and running.

That's not to say others didn't try to help. everyone was friendly and tried, I guess it just took someone who's interested in these things to fix it instead of escalating

Phones
    Nexus One
    iPhone 16 GB 3Gs white
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HR613 View Post
    Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread, but why is everyone going out and getting data share plans for the new iPad right now? I've got the 6GB plan on my iPhone (and, according to several CSR, it's LTE-enabled) but right now I've got the $5 flex plan, which, for two months, has unlimited data. So, instead of paying $10 a month to share a 6GB bucket, I pay $5 and have a bottomless bucket.

Is there something I'm missing? According to everything I've read and been told by CSR, I can switch out at the end of my two months and go to the data share at that time with the same SIM.
    I guess is because people who had the old old 6GB plan that is not LTE ready/enabled

so if you have that, and want LTE, you can either get a separate flex plan for your ipad, or upgrade the existing data plan, which I did

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLeafs View Post
    I guess is because people who had the old old 6GB plan that is not LTE ready/enabled

so if you have that, and want LTE, you can either get a separate flex plan for your ipad, or upgrade the existing data plan, which I did
    Is the new 6GB LTE plan available for $30?
    Mikey: Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. I spend half the night talking to some girl who's looking around the room to see if there's somebody else who's more important she should be talking to. And it's like I'm supposed to be all happy 'cause she's wearing a backpack, you know? And half of them are just nasty skanks who wouldn't be nothing except they're surrounded by a bunch of drunken horny ×××××××s. And I'm gonna tell you something T. Are you listening?
    Trent: Yeah, I'm listening.
    Mikey: I'm not gonna be one of those ×××××××s. Alright? It just makes me sick. It's like, some nasty skank who isn't half the woman my girlfriend is, is gonna front me? It makes me want to ××××in' puke!

Phone
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HR613 View Post

That's what I have and was wondering the same thing as you. I'm curious though, at the end of my 2 months will I be able to share my iPhone 4GS's 6gigs with my iPad3 for an additional $10? And will it be LTE? Or do I have to upgrade the data or something to LTE at that point?

Phones
    Nexus One
    iPhone 16 GB 3Gs white
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efrant View Post
    Is the new 6GB LTE plan available for $30?
    Unfortunately there are no new 6gb plan available

Phones
    Nexus One
    iPhone 16 GB 3Gs white
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nixter View Post
    That's what I have and was wondering the same thing as you. I'm curious though, at the end of my 2 months will I be able to share my 4Gs's 6gigs with my iPad3 for an additional $10? And will it be LTE? Or do I have to upgrade the data or something to LTE at that point?
    The flex plan is a separate plan for your iPad only I think, after the 2 unlimited month, you will be charge depends on how many data you use, is like 37 bucks if you use over 1gb

Phone
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I was specifically told I could share the 6gigs I have on my iphone plan with the ipad. What I'm wondering is, will I be able to access that data from my ipad at LTE speed or just 3G?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4