Thread: Straight Talk - Motorola Atrix 2 - Data Connection Issue

Feedback Score

Unhappy Straight Talk - Motorola Atrix 2 - Data Connection Issue

Hi all,
    I activated the phone last week with Straight Talk sim card and setup the APN. It was working fine during the weekend but as of today I don't have network connection. I was with customer service for an hour doing trouble shooting. Removed the sim card and battery, restarting the phone not sure how many times, rechecking the APN settings and few more restarting of the phone still no connection. After an hour the Representative said the network is chocking due to many users and it will take 48 hours to receive connect and they can't don't any thing else other then they will look into the issue.

I am from the Los Angeles area, did anyone else have this issue if so did it get resolved, please let me know how I can get connected. Any tips will be great.

APN Setting is below

NAME
    Straight Talk

APN
    att.mvno

Proxy
    <Not set>

Port
    <Not set>

Username
    <Not set>

Password
    <Not set>

Server
    <Not set>

MMSC
    http://mmsc.cingular.com

MMS Proxy
    proxy.mvno.tracfone.com

MMS Port

MCC

MNC

Authentication Type
    <Not set>

APN Type
    default,supl,agps,fota,dun,mms,tether

APN Protocol
    IPv4/IPv6

Thanks
    Last edited by Stanger1; 03-20-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    A few weeks ago, ST AT&T was having similar data problems for most/all customers. Try turning your data service off and then back on again using the settings on your phone until it connects. If it eventually works, then its the same problem, and there's nothing you can do about it on your end.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger1 View Post
    Hi all,
    I activated the phone last week with Straight Talk sim card and setup the APN. It was working fine during the weekend but as of today I don't have network connection. I was with customer service for an hour doing trouble shooting. Removed the sim card and battery, restarting the phone not sure how many times, rechecking the APN settings and few more restarting of the phone still no connection. After an hour the Representative said the network is chocking due to many users and it will take 48 hours to receive connect and they can't don't any thing else other then they will look into the issue.

I am from the Los Angeles area, did anyone else have this issue if so did it get resolved, please let me know how I can get connected. Any tips will be great.

APN Setting is below

NAME
    Straight Talk

APN
    att.mvno

Proxy
    <Not set>

Port
    <Not set>

Username
    <Not set>

Password
    <Not set>

Server
    <Not set>

MMSC
    http://mmsc.cingular.com

MMS Proxy
    proxy.mvno.tracfone.com

MMS Port

MCC

MNC

Authentication Type
    <Not set>

APN Type
    default,supl,agps,fota,dun,mms,tether

APN Protocol
    IPv4/IPv6

Thanks
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your respond. I came to find out there is no point calling ST they can't help with trouble shooting. I called Motorola and they helped, not sure how an option got unchecked. If this happens to someone other than checking the APN also check Batter & data manager- Data delivery- and check Date enabled.

Carrier
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Mine worked perfectly from April 2012 through July 2012 and then in August had the same data problems. Browser would work but none of my Apps or my "K-9 mail" could access Data. Then I did what is mentioned here by turning my data service off and then back on again using the settings on my phone and it starts to work fine. Now the problem is that I have to do this 2-3 times a day! Every time I go into my "Settings->Battery&Data Manager->Data delivery" the "Data enabled" is checked and I have uncheck and then check it again.

Anyone else have the same problem ?

Thanks

Carrier
    H2O WIRELESS
    Feedback Score
    THANK GOD somebody else is having the same freaking problem. I have an ATRIX 2 and I am having all kinds of issues from not getting DATA to now my phone is not working at all. My 4G will go from blue to white I am on the H2O network. I was having the same issue with a samsung infuse 4G and I sold it and got a Atrix 2 and I am having the same issue it HAS to be a network problem

Carrier
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, goes to White. But I still can use the Browser just that the Apps don't get Data.
    I will try another phone today and see how that works.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    yes att has some data issues it needs to work out.they are also doing an upgrade to 4g also.i was told by an att rep it would be at least 2 years before a true 4g hits my area,and that it might not be backwards compatible to 3g like 3g and 2g was.

Carrier
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I am not sure what might be the issue. I tried with "HTC Inspire 4G" and the data connection has not been lost even once in the last 24 hours. My wifes "Motorola Atrix 2" isn't losing the connection either. I am now thinking it has something to do with some App that I have installed that makes the Connection to be lost.

Carrier
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    It's definitely to do with some setting or some App installed and not an ATT Network issue.
    No "Data Connection" lost on a HTC Inspire 4G for 2 straight days and no "Data Connection" lost on my Wife's "Atrix 2" at all. She doesn't have as many Apps installed as on my Atrix 2". So now need to figure out which "Setting" or "App" is messing up my Data Connection every few hours.