Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samsung R720 Admire / Page Plus

Feedback Score

Samsung R720 Admire / Page Plus

I just picked up a Cricket Samsung Vitality R720 ( same as Samsung Admire ) . Please walk me though (and provide relevant links ) for setting up the phone ( voice , android data , mms etc) on Page Plus . - Thanks

Edit -

I searched around some and found a reference that might be helpful if I can figure it out . I am not a tech guy.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-adm...cs-solved.html
    Last edited by bamx2; 03-22-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Feedback Score
    I have a Samsung Vitality. I wonder if the method will be similar for getting it to Pageplus. I'll keep an eye out on this thread.

Feedback Score
    I found a video showing the use of CDMA workshop to flash the Samsung SCH-R720 Admire ( Vitality ) to Page Plus . -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elzmiggu9CY (no audio (: ) . At first glance I could not tell whether the flash made the phone fully functional . I would prefer not to buy CDMA workshop just for this task.

Feedback Score

Cannot recieve a call unless making a call first

I changed my Vitality from Cricket to Page Plus. I don't use data since I use Wifi only. The voice call is fine, but there is a glitch. Once I boot the phone, the phone many times will not ring if called by someone else. The caller hears Verizon voice mail prompt. After I use the Vitality to call anyone, this problem goes away 100%. It (i.e., not receiving a call unless I make a call first) happens frequently, but not 100% of the time. I guess some people have the problem but don't realize it because they make a lot of calls unlike me. I have strong signals always showing on my phone (3 bars) at home. My other Verizon android phone on Page Plus never experiences the same problem. It seems that the Vitality does not register with the Verizon tower after booting quite often. Page Plus insists that there is no tower problem. The problem is with the phone. Everything above happens at my home. Remember, I never have any problem even in a different city to make an outgoing call. Dialing *228 will successfully program the phone. It will also program roaming successfully. The problem persists.

Is there anything that I missed during CDMA Workshop or QPST changes? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bamx2 View Post
    I just picked up a Cricket Samsung Vitality R720 ( same as Samsung Admire ) . Please walk me though (and provide relevant links ) for setting up the phone ( voice , android data , mms etc) on Page Plus . - Thanks

Edit -

I searched around some and found a reference that might be helpful if I can figure it out . I am not a tech guy.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-adm...cs-solved.html

Feedback Score
    TIMGUO: Can you walk us through the steps you used to get your Vitality onto Pageplus? This would serve 2 purposes:

1. It would allow others to learn how to go about doing it
    2. Someone might be able to spot an error that you might have made in the process that is causing the problem you mentioned

Feedback Score
    For those of you wanting to get your Cricket Vitality over to PagePlus, just call PagePlus customer service. I called them this morning, told them my code from the back of the phone, they entered it into their system, and they had me dial *22801 and the phone was programmed OTA. Will see if I have any of the issues TIMGUO mentioned. Haven't tried the data yet, because I don't want to waste my minutes if I can help it. Will probably try rooting it soon just so I can delete some the things Cricket doen't allow you on the stock phone.

Feedback Score

Your phone must have Verizon/Pageplus prl before OTA can be done

Just dial any number. If your phone says Welcome to Verizon Wireless, you can try OTA.

Feedback Score

How to update Pageplus prl file

Pageplus prl file is here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3491666/52031m.prl
    How to put in the prl: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991668
    You probably don't need to find MSL/SPC code, just try 000000 first.
    You do need to install Samsung mobile phone usb driver (Google it) and turn on USB Debugging.

After you update your prl file, you can dial a number. You should hear Verizon Wireless prompt. Sign up with Pageplus on the phone for free. Dial *228 (*22898 will not work) to do OTA programming. If not successful, manually change MIN, MDN (Pageplus will give you) using software (CDMA workshop). Search the web for tutorial. Not sure whether rooting is needed.

By the way, I find a way to cope with phone often not receiving call unless making a call after a rebooting. I checked Wireless networks/Mobile network/3G Data box. The problem went away 100%. It was possible that somehow the phone did not contact Verizon tower after a reboot. If 3G data is selected, it always contacts the tower. Data is not possible on the phone because it is not set up (I use Wifi only). Don't know whether this will drain battery more.

Quote Originally Posted by yesngo View Post
    TIMGUO: Can you walk us through the steps you used to get your Vitality onto Pageplus? This would serve 2 purposes:

1. It would allow others to learn how to go about doing it
    2. Someone might be able to spot an error that you might have made in the process that is causing the problem you mentioned

Feedback Score
    Timguo - Just so that I understand- Did you have to use CDMA workshop at all for your setup ?

Anyone get data working on this Samsun SCH-R720 Admire / Vitality phone when set up for Page Plus Cellular ?

Feedback Score
    I had a Palm pixi plus with page plus before bought this phone.
    1. I called page plus to change my ESN to the Vitality one.
    2. Use QPST to update the MIN, MDN and roaming list.
    3. It's working after reboot the phone, but the data is not working.

Feedback Score

Spontaneous rebooting problem fixed?

My process was messed up. I first succeeded in putting in Pageplus prl using QPST. Activated for free (YES!) by calling customer service. OTA tried *22898, *228, etc. Didn't work. Manually changed phone's MID, MDN using software. Don't recall whether I used QPST or CDMA workshop. I think it was QPST. I wish I had a fresh phone to try again to streamline the process. Once you change these settings, Factoray reset (Privacy menu on Android) will not restore. My phone can do *228 OTA now.

By thew way, I encountered frequent spontaneous rebooting problem once. I removed some games. I also unchecked USB Debugging mode on the phone under Applications/Development menu. The problem went away. Debugging mode could be the trick. Not sure. I am not interested in Data on Pageplus. They don't have a good plan for Data. Use Wifi instead.

Timguo - Just so that I understand- Did you have to use CDMA workshop at all for your setup ?

Anyone get data working on this Samsun SCH-R720 Admire / Vitality phone when set up for Page Plus Cellular ?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah thats me showing the proccess .... it was just a regular flash Talk and text.... ill try to do another one later on today....
    I found a video showing the use of CDMA workshop to flash the Samsung SCH-R720 Admire ( Vitality ) to Page Plus . -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elzmiggu9CY (no audio (: ) . At first glance I could not tell whether the flash made the phone fully functional . I would prefer not to buy CDMA workshop just for this task.

Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Carrier
    New Cricket :-)
    Feedback Score
    Still trying to get data working ..... anyone have a step by step guide ?

I did the following except, don't know how to make my own .prl file ... data not working still.

1. Open QPST Configuration
    2. Find what COM port your phone is using, under ports in device manager or double click on the phone in devices and printers and find it in there.
    3. In QPST Configuration, click Ports, Add the port your phone is on.
    4. Click Active Phones and select what should be the only phone, then goto Start Clients and SERVICE PROGRAMMING.
    5. In SERVICE PROGRAMMING, click Phone -> Read from Phone
    6. The code here is 000000
    7. Click on roam and under preferred roaming, select your pageplus.prl file (search google)
    8. Click on M.IP and change Mobile IP Behavior to Simple IP only
    9. Click on Profile 0. Change NAI to 10digitMDN@vzw3g.com. Change tethered NAI to 10digitMDN@dun.vzw3g.com
    10. For both secret fields, click on Enter text string and type in vzw
    11. Both HA Addresses should be 255.255.255.255 and click OK
    12. Click on PPP Config
    13. Click on Um and change “user name” to “10digitMDN@vzw3g.com” Change Tethered NAI to “10digitMDN@dun.vzw3g.com” Change password to “vzw”. Click on AN set user name to “10digitMDN@vzw3g.com” and password to “vzw”.
    14. You are done, click write to phone.
    Last edited by ultratech; 04-06-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is my PRL it never fails....
    http://www.4shared.com/rar/QhQpksHo/52230.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ultratech View Post
    Still trying to get data working ..... anyone have a step by step guide ?

I did the following except, don't know how to make my own .prl file ... data not working still.

1. Open QPST Configuration
    2. Find what COM port your phone is using, under ports in device manager or double click on the phone in devices and printers and find it in there.
    3. In QPST Configuration, click Ports, Add the port your phone is on.
    4. Click Active Phones and select what should be the only phone, then goto Start Clients and SERVICE PROGRAMMING.
    5. In SERVICE PROGRAMMING, click Phone -> Read from Phone
    6. The code here is 000000
    7. Click on roam and under preferred roaming, select your pageplus.prl file (search google)
    8. Click on M.IP and change Mobile IP Behavior to Simple IP only
    9. Click on Profile 0. Change NAI to 10digitMDN@vzw3g.com. Change tethered NAI to 10digitMDN@dun.vzw3g.com
    10. For both secret fields, click on Enter text string and type in vzw
    11. Both HA Addresses should be 255.255.255.255 and click OK
    12. Click on PPP Config
    13. Click on Um and change “user name” to “10digitMDN@vzw3g.com” Change Tethered NAI to “10digitMDN@dun.vzw3g.com” Change password to “vzw”. Click on AN set user name to “10digitMDN@vzw3g.com” and password to “vzw”.
    14. You are done, click write to phone.

Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Carrier
    New Cricket :-)
    Feedback Score
    Thank you jusmejose, unfortunately Data is not working still :-(

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast