Thread: Where can you buy refill cards for $45 without tax?

Feedback Score

Where can you buy refill cards for $45 without tax?

When I refilled my Straight Talk account, I had to pay like $46.80. Does anyone know where you can buy refill cards so that you pay exactly $45 without any tax?

Feedback Score
    Ask your friend or family member in California to help you to purchase a refill code on the Walmart web site.

Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Need more information of not paying the taxes on this card

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Yea that would be nice. I live in PA & my Wal Mart told me it would $48 and some change to buy a card from them.

Im jumping the VM ship next month & going with ST & my T Mobile Vibrant with a T Mobile sim. It will be nice to have snappy data & not having to monitor minutes for $14 more!
    Samsung Vibrant w Super Amoled Screen + Avatar =

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Buy the 3 month refills on StraightTalk.com or Walmart.com, it should work out to be less than $45 even with taxes.

Feedback Score
    I am in California. I got enrolled in their autopay. Was only charged $45.94. Instead of the approximately $49. Happy surprise

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    It has been discussed on other threads that you can order from Walmart.com and add a shipping address in one of the states that don't charge sales tax for prepaid cards. Because the code is emailed to you, and nothing is actually shipped, then the address is irrelevant, except that the sales tax is calculated based on that address. The states I have seen mentioned are Oregon, California, and New Hampshire I believe. It does work. The have ordered a three month card from walmart.com and received a call from walmart's order department simply verifying that I placed the order. They then hung up, and I received the code in abut half an hour. This could be considered a form of tax evasion, but if you order from callingmart on another carrier, not paying tax, and don't fill out the form with your state reporting the purchase and paying sales tax to the state, then you are equally guilty (except that using the alternate shipping address shows more intent). Use at your own discretion.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The only two authorized sources are ST online or WM (store or online). Someone could be selling their spare card(s) somewhere.