Thread: Lumia 710 - people can't hear me in calls

Feedback Score

Question Lumia 710 - people can't hear me in calls

Hi I bought my Nokia lumia 710 from Rogers at the beginning of March and everything was fine until a day ago when I got a call and the person couldn't hear me, I tried calling a phone in the house and experienced the same thing, you can hear a slight noise when I talk but you can't make out anything. Then I tried it with speakerphone on and the mic worked, people can also hear me with the nokia headset on, it's just when I take a call as you normally would without speakerphone on that the person on the other end can't understand anything.

I also tried recording a video to see if there was something wrong with the mic but the sound in the video is just fine also voice commands work just fine. I recently updated nokia drive and maps and thought that might have caused it or it was some sort of software glitch so I did a full reset of the phone but that still hasn't fixed the problem. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

I searched online and just found a document on the t-mobile website that talks about a slightly similar issue but I don't know if that's the case for me.. here's the link to that document: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4022

The phone is under warranty so I'm going to take it back to the rogers plus store, I wonder how the warranty works.. if anyone knows anything about this please let me know, thanks!

Phones
    iPhone
    iPhone 4
    BlackBerry 9300
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hello r1v3r5,

From your post it does sound as if there is an issue with the mic on the device. If you take your device into your local Rogers store with a wireless counter they should be able to send it away for repair for you. You can find the full details of how the warranty works here: http://www.rogers.com/web/content/ha...0-_-protection

Please feel free to send me a PM should you have any other questions that I can answer for you.

Thanks,
    @RogersAndrewNP

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

time

usually it takes like 3 or 4 weeks for your phone to come back from warranty

you can call the different rogers plus stores to see which one has a loaner phone

or you can make your own loaner phone by going to like a factory direct and
    buying a beater phone..

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies, I've sent it in for repair, hopefully Rogers contacts me soon and it's properly fixed.

Feedback Score

Lumia 710 mic issue

[QUOTE=r1v3r5;14762482]Hi I bought my Nokia lumia 710 from Rogers at the beginning of March and everything was fine until a day ago when I got a call and the person couldn't hear me, I tried calling a phone in the house and experienced the same thing, you can hear a slight noise when I talk but you can't make out anything. Then I tried it with speakerphone on and the mic worked, people can also hear me with the nokia headset on, it's just when I take a call as you normally would without speakerphone on that the person on the other end can't understand anything.

I also tried recording a video to see if there was something wrong with the mic but the sound in the video is just fine also voice commands work just fine. I recently updated nokia drive and maps and thought that might have caused it or it was some sort of software glitch so I did a full reset of the phone but that still hasn't fixed the problem. Has anyone else experienced something similar?
    Yes I have the same issue!
    I'm with Rogers and I got that phone 10 months ago.
    People telling me they can't hear my properly (noise in the background/distortion like im talking from a distance)
    I brought it to the rogers plus store and they ship it to Nokia for repair since it was on garanty.
    10 business days after I got the phone back...same issue !
    Let me know if you find a solution for this... thanks!