Thread: Sharing Rogers Unlimited Data

Device(s)
    256GB iPhone 7 Plus; iPad Pro
    Carrier(s)
    KOODO, Rogers
    Feedback Score

Sharing Rogers Unlimited Data

Hello all, my corporation has an unlimited data plan (I asked 4 reps to confirm that this is truly unlimited and no caps). It is an unlimited blackberry data plan with tethering. Anyone know if this is shareable for 10+GRRF?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    While I'd love to be proven wrong, my understanding is that Rogers has never ever offered an unlimited data plan. What is the exact description of your plan from the Rogers 'My Account' website? My guess is that it's probably an unlimited mobile browsing add-on, which wouldn't support tethering, though it's perfectly possible to speak to a rep who simply isn't properly informed and advises you that a feature is supported when it's not.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I had a co worker who said he had something like this for this blackberry he said it was unlimited internet

Feedback Score
    This plan is likely a special deal between Rogers and your corporation. Therefore, the chance of someone on these forums knowing the answer to your question is unlikely. You'll have to call back in and ask whether the data is shareable or not. If it were my guess, I would say it's not shareable.

A friend of mine who used to work in retention dug up a retention plan that was unlimited everything including data, although it was not cheap though.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B407 View Post
    This plan is likely a special deal between Rogers and your corporation. Therefore, the chance of someone on these forums knowing the answer to your question is unlikely. You'll have to call back in and ask whether the data is shareable or not. If it were my guess, I would say it's not shareable.

A friend of mine who used to work in retention dug up a retention plan that was unlimited everything including data, although it was not cheap though.
    Wow that's pretty sweet if true. I wonder how one gets something like that...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    KOODO, Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Turns out it is truly unlimited (unsure if LTE is allowed as I'm in Edmonton) but I have the Rogers email for the account change indicating unlimited data including tethering. However, not shareable (can you imagine?).

Device(s)
    SonyEricsson XPERIA X10a Sensuous Black running Rogers Android 2.1 Build 2.0.A.0.504 w\ ROOT
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    back when i still had my SonyEricsson T68i (around 2003), i used to have the $50 unlimited data plan with Rogers. it was listed as one of the business add-ons at the time. but yes, Rogers DID have a truly unlimited data plan at one point. but download speeds via GPRS was too dreadful to be paying $50 that I terminated it not too long after. not sure if the OP has the same plan.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hmm, interesting. OP, mind sharing the corporation in question? Can anyone else confirm?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    KOODO, Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Sorry for the late reply but I'm unwilling to share the corporation in question. Suffice it to say, it's one of the Big 5 banks.

If some are doubting the veracity of my claims I'm willing to show you my Rogers bills. Also, the sharing was a no-go and the LTE was a no go (until RIMM releases an LTE BB, I'm thinking I'll be on the 3G network). That said, having unlimited data for $45/month is pretty damn sweet.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    You cannot share your unlimited feature.

Feedback Score
    Data plans are not shareable unless they're coded into the system as such. Sounds like your plan probably predates data sharing and it's unlikely they'd ever code it to be accessible that way.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8520
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhindustan View Post
    Sorry for the late reply but I'm unwilling to share the corporation in question. Suffice it to say, it's one of the Big 5 banks.

If some are doubting the veracity of my claims I'm willing to show you my Rogers bills. Also, the sharing was a no-go and the LTE was a no go (until RIMM releases an LTE BB, I'm thinking I'll be on the 3G network). That said, having unlimited data for $45/month is pretty damn sweet.
    Hmmm...very interesting. I'm not doubting your claim but I also work for one of the Big 5 and I know at one point (couple of years ago) everybody was told they had "unlimited data" on their blackberrys by a corp rep but when I actually looked into the matter it was only 1gb. Turns out they were telling people it was "as good as unlimited" because of data compression and since they cripple the BB with an IT policy it was very unlikely you would ever get anywhere near 1gb with just email. A lot of people aren't exactly tech savvy and don't know the difference between a megabyte and a gigabyte and just accept whatever they are told.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    KOODO, Rogers
    Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by newrogersguy View Post
    Hmmm...very interesting. I'm not doubting your claim but I also work for one of the Big 5 and I know at one point (couple of years ago) everybody was told they had "unlimited data" on their blackberrys by a corp rep but when I actually looked into the matter it was only 1gb. Turns out they were telling people it was "as good as unlimited" because of data compression and since they cripple the BB with an IT policy it was very unlikely you would ever get anywhere near 1gb with just email. A lot of people aren't exactly tech savvy and don't know the difference between a megabyte and a gigabyte and just accept whatever they are told.
    $27GB last month. No overage charges.