Thanks for clarifying. I have some additional questions.
- Can you change your add-ons (like Unlimited Canadian long distace, government unlimited 10-4 and unlimited MMS) with this $22 employee plan? And are there are any limitations on how often you can change your add-ons? Or any admin fees you have to pay to do so?
- The off-contract $10 Unlimited On-Device Data will work on an Android phone (specifically my HTC)? That sounds too good to be true even without the tethering. Apps and everything on-device works over the mobile data network? The $10 unlimited mobile browsing from Bell, Rogers and MVNOs was a featurephone add-on and it was for "mobile browsing", not straight up unlimited data (so you couldn't use some apps with it).
- How much extra is tethering? Or is tethering completely disabled?
- How do you get the $10 Unlimited On-Device Data and $5 Unlimited MMS add-ons? Do you have to call in or go there in person to request it? I don't see those add-ons when building my plan from the $22 base plan on the site (there is a login username and password my employer gives out to us to order the devices/sim-only plans.)
- Since my sister is going to be getting a subsidized iPhone for sure, is the cancellation policy exactly like Bell's? $400 max + $200 max DECF? From what I read in the terms and conditions, it sounds like you have to pay off the hardware subsidy to Baka and then pay the standard Bell cancellation fee on top of that.