Thread: What is the best android phone that works with MMS on Pageplus?

Feedback Score

What is the best android phone that works with MMS on Pageplus?

Ok so I called Pageplus today and asked about their service. They told me thy can't guarantee my Verizon phone will work with MMS and internet on Pageplus. They did say a lot of droids are known to be working.

I would like to buy a Droid Bionic but thought I'd come on here and ask before I shell out over 200 bucks on a phone that the MMS AND Internet might not work with pageplus.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justme36 View Post
    Ok so I called Pageplus today and asked about their service. They told me thy can't guarantee my Verizon phone will work with MMS and internet on Pageplus. They did say a lot of droids are known to be working.

I would like to buy a Droid Bionic but thought I'd come on here and ask before I shell out over 200 bucks on a phone that the MMS AND Internet might not work with pageplus.
    Check this thread out >>> http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ghlight=bionic
    Having to wait even an hour to get a prepaid wireless plan pin from an online dealer or pin seller is NOT great, good or even mediocre customer service when you consider this instant internet age we live in. Why let anyone convince you otherwise? Understaffed is what it's called.(Two is not a team)

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    talk / text / web / mms should all work OTB with pretty much every 3g verizon phone.

4g phones are a whole different story -- i think they are pretty hit or miss and require some programming.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Only 3G Vzw Android phones are sure to work 100% on PPC.

4G phones require modification to work on PPC. There are threads on this forum about this that never seem to end, so you might want to read through them to evaluate your ability to follow the steps necessary to get things working to some extent. I'm not positive that anybody has gotten one working 100%, but I could be wrong.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Feedback Score
    Oh, ok thanks.

I have spotted a Droid X2 I'll be getting. So I souldn't have any issues getting that one hooked up with MMS AND Internet working right? It is only a 3g phone.

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Oh, ok thanks.

I have spotted a Droid X2 I'll be getting. So I souldn't have any issues getting that one hooked up with MMS AND Internet working right? It is only a 3g phone.
    nope. you should be able to just activate with PP, then dial *22890 and press "send" (like you are making a phone call) and the phone will program over the air, beep at you, then either restart or take you to the home screen again, ready to be used! enjoy it!

Feedback Score
    And then make & complete 1 phone call & activation is complete.

Carrier
    ppc
    Feedback Score
    i thought i read you can activate 4g phones on ppc by just leaving the sim card out and not having to go through all the alterations posted elsewhere
    yes you will only get 3g service but so what..

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pltctytc View Post
    i thought i read you can activate 4g phones on ppc by just leaving the sim card out and not having to go through all the alterations posted elsewhere
    yes you will only get 3g service but so what..
    Are you sure this is correct? I thought most of the reports indicate that usually only 1x data can be achieved.

Feedback Score
    I have activated4 different droid phones on pp and all have worked with the data perfectly, currently I am using the droid x.

Sent from my DROIDX using HowardForums

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hprs@usa.com View Post
    I have activated4 different droid phones on pp and all have worked with the data perfectly, currently I am using the droid x.

Sent from my DROIDX using HowardForums
    The Droid X is not a 4G phone (it is a 3G phone), and I suspect that all of the other Androids you've used on PPC were also not 4G. If that is accurate, how is your comment relevant to the 4G comment?

Carrier
    ppc
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Are you sure this is correct? I thought most of the reports indicate that usually only 1x data can be achieved.
    i never said it was correct i said i thought.
    i don't recall where i read it.

i do doubt anyone would get 1x unless in a fringe signal area

4g 3g 1x is always out there. its how the carrier programs your phone to allow or disallow the capabilities of it