Thread: Windows Phone on Straight Talk with Working MMS

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Lightbulb Windows Phone on Straight Talk with Working MMS

I know the phones are few, but does anyone use a Windows Phone model with working MMS / picture messaging on Straight Talk. I just saw a member post that the Dell Venue Pro works, and a few months ago I think I also saw someone claim that it worked on another model.

Carriers
    BYOD ST T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    I know the phones are few, but does anyone use a Windows Phone model with working MMS / picture messaging on Straight Talk. I just saw a member post that the Dell Venue Pro works, and a few months ago I think I also saw someone claim that it worked on another model.
    My Lumia 800 works with mms. It's been my experience that you need to download the manufacturer's network connection app and mms will work. At least that's what happened with my Nokia. Ymmv

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    My Lumia 800 works with mms. It's been my experience that you need to download the manufacturer's network connection app and mms will work. At least that's what happened with my Nokia. Ymmv
    Nice to see that the Lumia 800 works for you. I wonder if it would work with an unlocked Lumia 710 or 900.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Samsung Infuse 4G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    It just depends on the phones. For instance, Samsung has a Wireless Manager that will edit MMS, but it only works with the most recent ones....it works with the Samsung Focus Flash, the Omnia W, and the Focus S, but not the Focus or the Omnia 7 even though they all use the same OS version. Just use Google and do a little research.
    For instructions on using Androids with Straight Talk don't PM me....I don't usually answer....click here!
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...stop-asking%29

Carriers
    BYOD ST T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    Nice to see that the Lumia 800 works for you. I wonder if it would work with an unlocked Lumia 710 or 900.
    I hear it works for unlocked/global versions of the 710. I want to say that you can manually edit the mms settings with the Nokia connection manager on the lumia 710 if needed. Now, if only I could get my hands on a 900 to see if it actually uses the 1700 AWS 3G band that was reported in the FCC docs.