Phones
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Blackberry Z10
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Scam from Chris_nvwssv

Hi,

I have seen the user Chris_nvwssv on here selling some phones, and it appeared that he sold a few. I contacted him about a Bold 9900 and we talked back an forth via pm, email, and text message. I was hesitant at first, as this was a shipping deal (I know), but he sent me a screen shot of his school login page with his name and student number, his phone number, and contacted me through an eBay account, which is in good standing with good feedback. He even insisted that I contact the person whom he sold a phone too as the feedback forum was down, however that person had just signed up here on HOFO and only had 1 post.

We had worked out a deal that I send him half the money upfront, he would send me the tracking info, then once the phone arrived I would send him the rest of the amount. This deal went down Saturday, and after he got the money, he hasn't been in contact ever since. I've tried texting, calling, emailing and PM'ing. I have seen him on HOFO since as he bumped up two of his own ads for phones on this site today.

I have an inbox full of PM's, emails and saved text messages. I don't want someone else to fall victim of his crimes like I have. If I don't hear from him, or see a phone in the mail by Mid-week I will file a police report.

I know I made some mistakes and shouldn't have trusted a shipping deal, and ya to top it all off I paid via EMT. I am not out a whole lot of money, $170 but I don't want this to continue to happen to honest, hardworking individuals.

I will keep this thread updated, and like I said he has until Wednesday. If whom ever is reading/moderating this thread and post wants proof of my interactions with him, I will gladly hand over all I have.

Thank you in advance for any help you may have for me, and more importantly, to make sure people like this quit taking advantage of others. I am looking forward to a response.

Sincerely,
    Last edited by Moderator HF 38; 03-27-2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Name removed as per OP request.

Feedback Score
    I sent him a PM and ask to response within the next 24 hrs.
    I have removed his 2 active BST thread as well.

Let us know if you hear anything.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Blackberry Z10
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    No response. Banned him.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Blackberry Z10
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Well it is now Friday, one week after the transaction went down and still nothing. I have tried emailing, calling, and texting repeatedly with no word. Obviously he took the money and ran.

Moderator HF 38, has he ever tried to contact you back at all? I have a screenshot of his school login page with his name and student number on the top corner. He no doubt changed the address in the corresponding fields on the page, but you can't edit your student number or name.

What is the best way to go about reporting this, he is in British Columbia and I'm in Manitoba? Contact their police, or my local police?

I know I'll never see the money again, but as long as something is done so this douche doesn't keep doing this to other people is fine.

Thanks for your help and responses Mod HF 38.

Feedback Score
    No, no contact made toward the MOD team.
    Last edited by Moderator HF 38; 04-01-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Blackberry Z10
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Ya, this is what I figured. I know it was STUPID of me to send the money the way that I did, but in the end I did. I am glad that it was only $170. What sucks is, if people just rip off other people in small amounts of money, the police don't find it worth their time to pursue. Even though: (small amounts $) x (numerous people) = (large problem).

Anyway, I still have not heard from the bum and it is time to move this thread into the public forum, maybe someone will recognize a name or know the scumbag.

His name: Christopher Leung
    Resides: British Columbia, most likely Vancouver and definitely in a "Wind zone"
    Phone #: (604) 441-7949 - Again, Wind wireless number.
    Email: CLeung0987@gmail.com
    School: Student at UBC

I have attached a picture of a screenshot he sent (dates and time match when he actually sent it).

Thank you.
    Last edited by Moderator HF 38; 04-01-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Feedback Score
    sorry to hear that. you can't track him with his eBay Id? give it to eBay or PayPal that he's roaming around screwing people up to file a case. what about that hofo guy, can u contact him to see if he can give you any info.

or report him to Google with that Gmail account

what is emt? u said u paid emt? maybe next time to use a bin auction on eBay for your protection or PayPal.
    Sent from my ADR6300 using HowardForums

Phone
    Iphone 4S
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    EMT is Email Money Transfer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dAii7 View Post
    sorry to hear that. you can't track him with his eBay Id? give it to eBay or PayPal that he's roaming around screwing people up to file a case. what about that hofo guy, can u contact him to see if he can give you any info.

what is emt? u said u paid emt? maybe next time to use a bin auction on eBay for your protection or PayPal.
    The best way to make these purchases is through sites like Ebay where they can protect your purchases. Sorry for you loss. Live and learn.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Or use PayPal, they have excellent buyer protection.
    HP Envy 14
    iPhone 5 16GB

Phones
    Apple iPhone 4 Black 16GB
    Apple iPhone 3GS White 16GB
    Sony Ericsson W910i - Unlocked & Unbranded - DEAD
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dAii7 View Post

How would a person report to google???
    My HowardForums Feedback

Phone History
    Current: Apple iPhone 4 16GB Black
    Apple iPhone 3GS White
    Nokia 5300 Xpress Music
    Sony Ericsson w910i (RIP)
    Sony Ericsson w810i (Retired)
    Sony Ericsson w550i (Retired)