Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to load a custom PRL to a Sprint Iphone to have 3G roaming or Force it to Roam

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 128GB (Verizon Version) on Cricket
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & Cricket
    Feedback Score

How to load a custom PRL to a Sprint Iphone to have 3G roaming or Force it to Roam

I found the instructions on how to load any PRL into a Sprint iPhone (Jailbreak required). I did it about 10 times switching between Sprint PRL 11114 which includes 3G roaming on Verizon and Verizon PRL 52644 to have full access. I tried PRL 00001 but got better results with PRL 52644

PRL Interpretations can be found here. http://www.batonrougebroadband.info/

Youtube Instructions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF2B9f4yyeU

Instructions http://forum.iphone-developers.com/i...eed-issue.html

Here are the instructions.

First I apologize if anyone posted these instructions, I looked around and I did not see them. I fiddled around and I was able to force a custom PRL on my sprint iphone, I like many other sprint iphone users have been having data problems where the phone has signal but gets nearly unusable speeds below 100 kbps. I have been through 3 iphones and have contacted customer support over 10 times with no help, only that they are updating towers and are sorry. This DOES help the data speeds and makes them consistent. So anyway there is my preamble, here are the instructions. (and for anyone that had an evo, this uses the same prl as the Techknow hack.)

1. Jailbreak the iphone

2. download iFile from Cydia, ($4 or google how to get it through other means), also turn data roaming ON( I used DiskAid to save the PRL into a folder in my phone and then I can switch prom one PRL to the other anytime.)

3. download the 00001.prl from this link http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/add46/00001.prl (this is from a post over on xda by techknow) I used Verizon PRL 52644 and Sprint PRL 11114

4. rename the PRL file "carrier.prl"

5. ok this is one of the important parts, you need to put the carrier.prl in System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/Sprint_US.bundle and overwrite the existing carrier.prl in the folder, you can do this either by using open ssh or use ifile,in ifile you may copy and paste from dropbox or connect to your computer via wifi. I also would recommend putting the prl in the OTA sprint folder too, some people have been having problems and this may help.(I deleted the File on both folders and then pasted the new PRL file)

6. in the folder that you copied the prl there is a file called carrier.plst, click it then in the menu that comes up click property list viewer, then scroll down till you see "PrlPushFlag" change to yes, click back at the top and go to the OTA folder if you put the PRL in there, then repeat the PrlPushFlag flag instructions, press back again to go up a folder and fully turn off your phone(so that you slide to power off) simply turning off your screen or a respring will not work.

7. turn your phone back on, you should see "searching" at the top, it should go to "no service", after you see "no service" go back to the carrier.plst and change the PrlPushFlag flag back to "no" and click back again(The instructions don’t specify if you need to turn it off on both folders, I just did it on the Sprint_US_bundle

8. turn your phone off and back on again.

9. you should be roaming on verizon, it will say sprint at the top but you can confirm you are roaming by dialing *2 and you should get "welcome to verizon" also if you go to about and click on carrier info you should see your prl as 1. (When I loaded Verizon PRL 52644 it doesn’t say the carrier name but I checked and its Verizon.

10. you can revert back to the standard prl and not roaming by dialing ##UPDATE#(I tried this and it took me back to the latest Sprint PRL, but I easily loaded PRL 11114 back into the phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Here are some screeshots with the Verizon PRL

Attachment 80114

Attachment 80115
    Attachment 80116

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Some files that you may need

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Awesome thanks!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint since 1999
    Feedback Score
    I was using PRL 00001 for the past few days I got from another site which only seamed to be voice roaming. My voice call were instantly better. Then last night I found this post, PRL 11114 voice calls/data speeds were about the same as PRL 00001. Instantly switch to PRL 52644 and was getting the same results until about 15 min after making the switch my data speeds went from 0.02 Mbps Down/ 0.01 Mbps Up on Sprint Network to 0.84 Mbps Down/ 0.33 UP on Verizon Network so a big improvement. Sprint data is a joke.

I think I will try PRL 11114 later today and give it 15-20 min to set.

Thanks for the additional PRL files they were a big help! Are there anymore PRL files we can try?

Device(s)
    HTC DEsire Z, Iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Most AWESOME went from 500k to a little over 1000k

in addition to the instructions I had to download Tetherme/install and turn on data roaming before I could get the procedure to work on my 4s.

Thank you for posting
    It's not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me.

Device(s)
    3G iPhone S 32 GIG
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This is a little off topic but what untethered jailbreak works for the 4S. I def want to try this but I heard the 4S couldn't be Jailbroken.

Feedback Score
    hi guys im trying to get this phone on page plus
    I have added the meid to page plus its active
    I also added the page plus prl with this guide and im getting verizon when dialing *228 but activation is faling anybody can point me in the right direction

Feedback Score
    I can get my phone to roam on verizon 3G but the connection is barely working and the phone wont send any text messages or picture messages... is that normal?

Device(s)
    HTC DEsire Z, Iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No this is not normal, do you have good Verizon coverage in your area? Is it possible that Verizon is experiencing an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by fritzj92 View Post
    I can get my phone to roam on verizon 3G but the connection is barely working and the phone wont send any text messages or picture messages... is that normal?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So, sprint was slow so you tried to get Verizon 3G to get decent speeds? How much data can you consume on roaming?

Feedback Score
    I'm going to laugh when all of you get kicked off for abusing Sprint.

Feedback Score
    I wouldt care if i did... Sprint service is terrible in my area... when i loaded the verizon PRL I can send and recieve text, and the data takes a while to kick in, and once it does its a bit spotty... on Verizon Wireless coverage locator it says that they have great service and 3G service in my area... could it be im doing it worng?... or is it becuase i'm on 5.1.1 instead of 5.0.1

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint since 1999
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzj92 View Post
    I wouldt care if i did... Sprint service is terrible in my area... when i loaded the verizon PRL I can send and recieve text, and the data takes a while to kick in, and once it does its a bit spotty... on Verizon Wireless coverage locator it says that they have great service and 3G service in my area... could it be im doing it worng?... or is it becuase i'm on 5.1.1 instead of 5.0.1
    Sprint service is bad in my area too. I too am running 5.1.1 and used the Verizon PRL 52644 and my speeds went from .03 Mbps down/ .02 Mbps up on Sprint to 1.63 Mbps down/ 1.20 Mbps up Roaming on Verizon. The only thing I can think of is Verizon has poor coverage in your area. Do you have any friends or family that have Verizon that can do some speed test in the area you live,work, and play?

And if you're planing to get kicked off Sprint for excessive roaming it took a month and a half for them to send me the warning letter. I started using the Verizon PRL mid billing cycle and used about 7GB of roaming data, the following month was about 12GB I got the warning letter at the start of the next billing cycle and just returned back to the Sprint PRL.

Device(s)
    HTC Evo 3D
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint (dial-up speeds)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesamg View Post
    So, sprint was slow so you tried to get Verizon 3G to get decent speeds? How much data can you consume on roaming?
    Technically, anything over 300mb of roaming in a month and sprint will be watching you. However, I personally have used an average of 600mb a month, peaking at 3gb one month, and have never heard from them. And there are people who say they have used 5gb a month and never gotten caught. But, there are also people who got caught for going just over 300mb once, so just be aware.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast