Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to load a custom PRL to a Sprint Iphone to have 3G roaming or Force it to Roam

Feedback Score
    I used 1-2 gb of roaming data a month for a few months and never got as much as a warning. However, when I went over 800 minutes roaming (as well as 2-3 gb roaming) I got 30 days notice to get out. It maybe you need to do both or minutes actually matter more than data.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John Agostini View Post
    I used 1-2 gb of roaming data a month for a few months and never got as much as a warning. However, when I went over 800 minutes roaming (as well as 2-3 gb roaming) I got 30 days notice to get out. It maybe you need to do both or minutes actually matter more than data.
    Did they kick you off right away, or was that just a warning letter?

Feedback Score
    went ahead and checked the coverage for my area and its showing their highest capable coverage... and tried my cousin iphone 4S on verizon and 1.8up/.8down... so maybe im doing something wrong... i thought if i couldnt text then i shouldnt be able to make a phone call, but i can make a phone call...and i can load data... idk

Feedback Score
    Thank you for this post...very helpful.

I do have a quick question though. I read online that Sprint PRL 11115 is newer then PRL 11114 so I tried loading that PRL on my phone just so I have Verizon 3G roaming when I am out of town. When I go to About under settings on the iPhone it still shows that I have PRL 51090. Is this normal or should it show that I have PRL 11115? Thanks.

Feedback Score

That's going to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Junkie View Post
    I'm going to laugh when all of you get kicked off for abusing Sprint.
    You think if sprint kick us off for being roaming we are going to cry? Hell no, we are gonna laugh! And celebrate our freedom from that bullcrap company.

Feedback Score
    No warning. Letter just said you have 30 days to leave and your ETA and last months bill is waived.

Feedback Score

Make Sprint iPhone 5 - IOS 6 roam

Hi Guys

I followed all your steps (I have the new jailbreak for IOS6.1), I used iFile to back up my carrier.prl and then loaded on the Verizon 52644 PRL under System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Iphone/Sprint_LTE_US.bundle (I couldn't find an OTA folder). I then changed the carrier.plist to ON and rebooted.

However, I'm still on Sprint's network. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 128GB (Verizon Version) on Cricket
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I just followed the steps in my original post with my iphone 5 and it works. The only difference is the name of the folder. I tested it with a Verizon PRL 52299 and it show 3G with voice and data working. I'm wondering if it will still pick up LTE as it managed by the SIM. I will inform you guys as soon as i drive by the LTE tower by my house.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Cell View Post
    I just followed the steps in my original post with my iphone 5 and it works. The only difference is the name of the folder. I tested it with a Verizon PRL 52299 and it show 3G with voice and data working. I'm wondering if it will still pick up LTE as it managed by the SIM. I will inform you guys as soon as i drive by the LTE tower by my house.
    i have a iphone 5 can you help me load a cutom prl and tell me if you get lte please?

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i flashed iphone 4 to Pageplus, im selling it and want to put it back on sprint service for the buyer.... its on 7.04 i did a restore and it says its on sprint , but if you try to make a cal from it, it still goes to verizon service??? and clues or help would be appreciated.... ty

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    upi have to use more, i did 5 gb in a month with no warning, next month i used 38gb of roaming data in 6 days, and they left me oout of my contract, no ETF scott free n clear

Quote Originally Posted by John Agostini View Post

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know how to do this on a iPhone 5c / 5s? They seem to be totally different from the prior models. There is no .prl file in that folder for one. When you add one and set the flag it does nothing, I've tried defining the prlname in the code near the flag setting and then it does do the searching after reboot no matter what the push flag is set to, have to remove the added line of code for the phone to get signal again and the PRL never changes from the factory default one.

I really need to load PRL 56015 into my phone so that I'll have 3G when outside the sprint service area, 1xRTT is so slow it takes 3-4 minutes just to log into AIM and forget trying to use maps.

Feedback Score
    Any update on this? I have Sprint 15.5 Horrible Signal

Feedback Score
    yea i agree same here i have an 5s and its not doing noting is there any other places that i have to place the pro i don't see the ota update

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2