Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Razr Maxx Dropping Data

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    If you have such an issue I would have tried an exchange. Even if for a Maxx. I wouldn't pay new money as it probably is a quality problem with the hardware.
    I've been through 4 different ones, each brand new and each with the same problem. My RAZR Maxx should be here on Friday.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    I've been through 4 different ones, each brand new and each with the same problem. My RAZR Maxx should be here on Friday.
    That's odd. Never remember ever having a big problem with such things. I do know 4G itself does stick a little better and such with the leaked radios that were supposed to hit with the canned 4.0.4 update, but I don't think I have ever had a huge issue with lots of total data loss. Even my wifes Charge has rarely done that also, but couldn't call it a common issue. And think I have only needed to reboot each a few times in total to get data back as the few other times I have noticed it, it just took a data, airplane mode, and/or LTE sorta back and forth toggling to get it back. Like I said though pretty sure I could count the number of time total I have noticed this happen on one hand.

Hopefully you have better luck with the Moto. Kinda funny ReZound might be the best sticking a 4g connection. Think HTC is usually pretty competitive on actual speeds also. And it's got an unlockable BL. Makes me wonder if I made the right choice. Definitely liked it's screen better than the RAZR by FAR. And if it was as large as the Nexus screen might have went for it.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    Hopefully you have better luck with the Moto. Kinda funny ReZound might be the best sticking a 4g connection. Think HTC is usually pretty competitive on actual speeds also. And it's got an unlockable BL. Makes me wonder if I made the right choice. Definitely liked it's screen better than the RAZR by FAR. And if it was as large as the Nexus screen might have went for it.
    Yeah, it really does seem like the Rezound might be the best all around phone on Verizon right now. It's definitely the sleeper phone that's not getting the attention it deserves. Better data reception, much better camera, fantastic screen, unlockable bootloader, SVDO on 3G, and more than decent headphones included. I've always had great luck with Motorola phones, which (along with the battery) is why I'm going for the Maxx. I may end up buying a Rezound as well and taking it for a spin sometime in the near future to see how it compares in everyday usage.
    Last edited by bsweetness; 03-29-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    Yeah, it really does seem like the Rezound might be the best all around phone on Verizon right now. It's definitely the sleeper on phone that's not getting the attention it deserves. Better data reception, much better camera, fantastic screen, unlockable bootloader, SVDO on 3G, and more than decent headphones included. I've always had great luck with Motorola phones, which (along with the battery) is why I'm going for the Maxx. I may end up buying a Rezound as well and taking it for a spin sometime in the near future to see how it compares in everyday usage.
    Yep. I'll probably just wait and see what they offer with S4 inside before I try such a thing. That could have one of Qualcomm's newer LTE modem revs even possibly probably and be even better. HTC ditching Samsung displays was probably a smart move. I just wish they would got with the LG or Hitachi IPS displays rather than the Sony SLCD. Sony stuff can look really nice, but I get the impression they do something like Samsung seems to be doing and only agree supply second tier spec stuffs to others.

The only issue is though that I am doubtful HTC will offer a Maxx variety HTC One sorta device anytime soon and those will probably all be permanent batteries just like Moto. It's a very annoying trend for those of use that aren't too concerned about thickness. I understand how it helps that and allows bigger batteries in slimmer designs, but in the end I think once you go that rout a Maxx variety device ALWAYS needs to be introed right beside the standard one.

Oh well though, my GNex is treating me good enough. Probably the only thing that might con me into an early phone swap while the GNex still has OK resale value would be something of the Note/Journal variety. We'll see. Maybe the Journal is a slow show because VZW has pressure on Samsung to do better with the LTE/3G radio implementation. Is weird though that Moto might even be having troubles with this. Sorta does make sense though that someone like HTC who is all Qualcomm is having the least issues.

Also makes sense AT&T is having less issues with their more standard upgrade path and more integrated 3G/4G modem stuff in devices because of it. If AT&T didn't suck so much I would be with them and perfectly happy with my Samsung radio performance probably. I have LTE with them around here already and you fall back to really reasonable HSPA speeds on their network in many areas.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    In the day I've had the Maxx, I'm already seeing a huge difference in reception. Where I sit in my office at home, with the Galaxy Nexus I would constantly jump between weak 3G and no service. With the Maxx, I'm sitting at -93 dBm on LTE. The call quality is also exponentially better. I also have yet for it to drop data. As much as I loved stock ICS, the display, and so much more about the Nexus, actually trying to use any type of cellular connectivity often turned into an exercise in frustration. Hopefully the rumored 4.0.5 update will show some major improvements for those who are having the same problems. But for me, the Maxx is what I'll be sticking with.

I sincerely hope that the next Nexus will be built by Motorola and that it sees a Verizon release. If so, I'll be camping out to get one.

Feedback Score
    I installed the no signal alert stuff, but have been in Trinidad where there is only GSM mostly for the last week and a half. Since back though I haven't had any data drops signaled in my first 3 days of commuting to and from work. 4G is missing in some of that path and it's going back and forth from 3g to 4g as you leave and enter 4g fine without dropping data.

This could just be a product of flat lander vs more varying topography life. I know while in FL when I was in Orlando and made a trip or two down to Ft Lauderdale the GNex had even BETTER reception than here in DFW, TX where it's pretty flat, but somewhat sligt rolling hilly.

Really though I have to be in an actual remote or very fringe reception point to lose signal though. Very rare to lose it related to 4g/3g hand off or other odd things happening. I know I have seen it happen, but it's rare and the no signal app seems to be verifying that.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This has been my connectivity issue (on Bionic) and I would like to know if other people have same:

I have almost always used 3g since I travel and to save battery.

I have not dropped 3g during an active session except when Verizon had outages.

But when waking the phone up, I often would not have 3g. I was too impatient to wait longer than a few seconds, so I would turn radio off/on to reconnect.

I recently noticed I was not receiving push email; I had to refresh though I thought I had set up sync in settings. I discovered sync is in gmail app. Turning this on eliminated my connectivity issue.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    I just switched to Verizon a few days back.

Not to derail this thread, but is there any way to lock the Maxx to 4G LTE only? I know you could do so on the T-Mobile phones I have had (select "WCDMA only") but is it possible on VZW?

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna View Post
    I just switched to Verizon a few days back.

Not to derail this thread, but is there any way to lock the Maxx to 4G LTE only? I know you could do so on the T-Mobile phones I have had (select "WCDMA only") but is it possible on VZW?
    See if this works...
    Dial ##PROGRAM and press SEND. Then enter the service code 000000. Go to Test Mode, press Next two times, then select Network Mode and LTE Only. Exit out and phone should restart. I haven't tried it, so not sure if it will work, and it may not allow voice calls, so you'll have to test it out.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    See if this works...
    Dial ##PROGRAM and press SEND. Then enter the service code 000000. Go to Test Mode, press Next two times, then select Network Mode and LTE Only. Exit out and phone should restart. I haven't tried it, so not sure if it will work, and it may not allow voice calls, so you'll have to test it out.
    Thanks, I will try that after I get the phone activated

Sent from my Droid using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You probably don't want to use that setting as it will disable calls and texts which are carried over CDMA1X channels.

LTE is strictly a data only network and will be for some time yet.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tpredmore View Post
    If I switch the device to 3G only, everything runs fine, no temporary loss of data (that I have seen).
    What is your battery setting?

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 4 32 Gig & 64 Miicro SD
    Carrier(s)
    VZW (Evil Empire) 3 Lines
    Feedback Score
    I’ve had the Bionic on launch day and have had problems with the Hotspot from day 1. It would connect to my laptop with internet access for a few minutes (or not at all) and then it would kick me off. When I put the cursor over the network icon it will say connected but it also says “Unidentified network” “No network access”. If I look at the status it says
    IPv4 Connectivity: No network access
    IPv6 Connectivity: No network access
    Media State: Enabled
    Speed: 54.0 Mbps
    Now if I tether with the cable it will get internet access. Called VZW Tech and they were baffled.
    I’ve had 2 Bionics and they both do the same thing. I’ve changed channels and that has not helped.

According to my Motorola Xoom it can NOT obtain an IP address from my phone and will not connect..

At least this time the Tech Level 2 acknowledges that other Motorola owners are having the same problems. According to Level 2 Tech Support it has to do with how Motorola handles WPA2 PSK while tethering. I’ve had this phone since launch day so you would think they would have this problem solved by now.

I’m upset because I’ve been paying for MHS for 10 months with limited benefits (must tether physically) with Dell Laptop. No benefit (unable to tether physically) for my Motorola Xoom.

BTW I have a Novatel 4510 MiFi and have had no problems with that. Connects and tethers flawlessly.
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2