Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry 9630 on Pageplus

Feedback Score

Blackberry 9630 on Pageplus

I have the file with the service books for the Verizon/page plus 9630.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Feedback Score

Zipped up file attached

Unzip and follow the text file on previous post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Feedback Score
    Silly question, but could this be modified for use with the blackberry 9930?

Feedback Score
    For the BB 9930, go here: http://www.howardforums.com/printthr...4&page=6&pp=30

and use the PagePlus_Combo_24SB.ipd file. That is what I am using on PP, and it works fine (including MMS).

You can search on "PagePlus_Combo_24SB.ipd file" to see what others say about this file.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by janerblue View Post

and use the PagePlus_Combo_24SB.ipd file. That is what I am using on PP, and it works fine (including MMS).

You can search on "PagePlus_Combo_24SB.ipd file" to see what others say about this file.
    Thanks, I got the file.

Strange, others say that this doesn't work because the 9930 uses OS6 / OS7, and that those service books only work with OS5.

Feedback Score
    We have two of these phones (BB 9930) with those service books, and both phones work fine. Try it, you will like it!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by janerblue View Post

Good info but I couldn't download the files. I could view them but they wouldn't download. ???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jim719 View Post
    Good info but I couldn't download the files. I could view them but they wouldn't download. ???
    I had to google it and I found the files hosted on another forum.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthSomething View Post
    I had to google it and I found the files hosted on another forum.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?7drvf749db455
    Having to wait even an hour to get a prepaid wireless plan pin from an online dealer or pin seller is NOT great, good or even mediocre customer service when you consider this instant internet age we live in. Why let anyone convince you otherwise? Understaffed is what it's called.(Two is not a team)

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Feedback Score
    do these work with 9330 OS6?

Phone
    Motorla Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yungwunn911 View Post
    do these work with 9330 OS6?
    Negative, OS6 is not workable at this point if you want MMS and Internet with the BB browser.

Feedback Score
    Tried both SBs listed here, but MMS still won't work! When i go to compose MMS, nothing happens. Additionally, I don't receive any MMSs. Any ideas?

I'm running OS5 on a 9630. Internet works fine.

thanks in advance

Phone
    Motorla Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Tried both SBs listed here, but MMS still won't work! When i go to compose MMS, nothing happens. Additionally, I don't receive any MMSs. Any ideas?

I'm running OS5 on a 9630. Internet works fine.

thanks in advance
    These are some instructions I put together from various resources on the internet. They fixed my issues 100%. Since you already have OS5 you can skip steps 1-6.

Blackberry on PagePlus

Must be running version 5.X Software as 6.X software will not allow MMS & Internet with the BB browser.

1. Install Blackberry Desktop Software onto PC. (610_b038_multilanguage.exe)
    2. Install Blackberry 5.X Phone software from Verizon PC.(9650_512cmpttAMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel1600_PL4.2.0.424 _A5.0.0.975.exe)
    3. Install Blackberry Swiss Army Knife Software on PC. (BBSAKv1.9.11_Installer.msi)
    4. Wipe the Blackberry with BBSAK
    5. Wait for BB to reboot to white error screen.
    6. Install Blackberry 5.X Phone software from Verizon onto Phone with BBSAK
    7. After Phone has been activated On Page Plus, programmed, and test called:
    From the keypad: Dial ##000000 (Send)

You will be taken to the Service Edit screen

The only value that you should have to change from this menu (after over-the-air programming)
    will be the password field. SIP Password: Change this from blank to "vzw"

Once the password has been set, press the BlackBerry "menu" key and select save.

Once the phone resets, Press the BlackBerry "menu" key and select "Options"

Select Advanced Options --> Host Routing Table

Once in the Host Routing Table, press the BlackBerry "menu" key again, and select "Register Now"

Once you receive a text message stating that you handheld has been registered, you will now be able to access the Web and MMS properly.
    8. Enable Legacy Mode using one of the following methods (you must be in Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Book):
    - ALT S ALT B ALT E ALT B
    OR
    - ALT S S ALT B ALT E ALT B
    OR
    - On the Storm, press and hold num button until it locks. You will see the lock. Then press 4?2?
    It should show Legacy Enabled.

9. Open Blackberry Desktop Manager and load the Service Book.
    10. Go to Backup and Restore.
    11. Click Advanced.
    12. Click File and select Open.
    13. Choose the Page Plus Service Book (PagePlus_Combo_24SB.ipd), click Open.
    14. In Computer Databases section, click Service Books and click the >> button.
    15. When prompted, select Yes.
    16. You should now be using the modified Service Books.
    Note: Sometimes a battery pull is needed for the modified Service Books to work.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your response. I believe I came across your insturctions while trying to make this happen. There is a misleading post somwhere on here that has a ZIP file with many service books. I loaded all of them and that is why MMS was not working.

I went back and deleted all the service books i loaded on the BB and installed only the one mentioned in your post and now MMS works.

thanks!

Phone
    Motorla Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your response. I believe I came across your insturctions while trying to make this happen. There is a misleading post somwhere on here that has a ZIP file with many service books. I loaded all of them and that is why MMS was not working.

I went back and deleted all the service books i loaded on the BB and installed only the one mentioned in your post and now MMS works.

thanks!
    SWEET!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast