Thread: Pageplus non smartphone with working browser wap gmail app

Feedback Score

Pageplus non smartphone with working browser wap gmail app

Hi - I need a new phone for pageplus. The only data I need is access to my gmail. Would love a flip phone that can have the gmail app on it. I purchased a lg vx5600 off email but was unable to change the proxy even with software to pageplus. Does anyone have a non smartphone with the gmail app?

Thanks

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I'm not aware of one. Is there a reason why you don't want a smart phone? A decent LG Ally can be purchased for around $35 used on eBay. Keep cellular data off except when you check GMail, use WiFi when available, and you'll use very little cellular data.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I'm not aware of one. Is there a reason why you don't want a smart phone? A decent LG Ally can be purchased for around $35 used on eBay. Keep cellular data off except when you check GMail, use WiFi when available, and you'll use very little cellular data.
    +1 -- i got my mother an LG Ally off eBay last year (paid around $60 then, dropped since) for her first ever smart phone and she absolutely loves it. Easy to use, fast, responsive, almost never crashes, App Store is available, Wi-Fi for using at home, memory card slot, etc.

Also, the sliding keyboard may help when you have to write or reply to emails (and will also help with texts)

As mentioned above, you can fully disable data when desired so it won't eat into your data when sitting idle.

Feedback Score
    It is for a child who I do not want to have a droid. I would love a simple flip phone.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseysteve View Post
    It is for a child who I do not want to have a droid. I would love a simple flip phone.
    In that case I'd suggest a Samsung Alias or Motorola Rzr V3M. But you'll have to modify the phone settings using BitPim and a Hex Editor, and either the Hopke or Zaks proxy server. From the reports I've seen, the PPC proxy server is very poor and restrictive. The full instructions are available if you search.

Also, the Rzr V3M can be set up to use QNC data. You'll need to search how to set that up as well.

Feedback Score
    thanks which method is the easiest? I tried bitpim witn a lg vx5600 but it was locked