Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 94

Thread: Android 4.0.4 updates for Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus Released

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0

    Android 4.0.4 updates for Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus Released

    http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/03/28/an...-coming-weeks/

    I didn't get the OTA update for my Nexus S (4.0.3) yet, and I am not feeling confident enough yet to try a manual update. Anyone have success getting 4.0.4 yet?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    351
    Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHeeyyy View Post
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/03/28/an...-coming-weeks/

    I didn't get the OTA update for my Nexus S (4.0.3) yet, and I am not feeling confident enough yet to try a manual update. Anyone have success getting 4.0.4 yet?
    You have to wait. The update hasn't been released yet; just annouced.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    The update has been released:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1569116

    Unfortunately there seems to be a problem applying the update for people who already have 4.0.3 on their Nexus S. I just tried it, and got the same error 7 message a lot of people have reported.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    54
    Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have android 4.0.3 but not android 4.0.4, yet but android updates usually takes weeks

    Sent from my Nexus S using HowardForums

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Piglet's Hut
    Posts
    251
    Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    No sign of the GNex update yet over there...

    Nexus 4 @ Fido & Mobilicity
    Nokia 2760 / Galaxy Nexus @ 711/Speakout - $25/yr prepaid FTW!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,102
    Phone
    Nexus S
    Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHeeyyy View Post
    The update has been released:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1569116

    Unfortunately there seems to be a problem applying the update for people who already have 4.0.3 on their Nexus S. I just tried it, and got the same error 7 message a lot of people have reported.
    yes i can confirm this for my mobi nexus s with 4.0.3...people are saying its cause we have modified our build but im pretty stock...these ICS OTA updates sure are not going smoothly for google...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,771
    Phones
    OnePlus One, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5 wife's, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS4 Daughter,Lg G Flex son's.
    OnePlus One, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5 wife's, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS4 Daughter,Lg G Flex son's.
    Carriers
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have the 4.0.1 on my GNex still!?
    Instructions for the $55- 5 Gb sk/mb Koodo plan, get it anywhere in Canada!!:

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...odo-sk-mb-plan

    Latest phones used:Oneplus One,OnePlus One now used by son as well, LG G2, Alcatel OneTouch Idol x, Lg G2 Dropped cracked screen bent motherboard, Nexus 5 sold, Lg G Flex Sold, Nexus 5 wife's , HTC One sold, Nexus 4 LTE sold , LG optimus 4x sold, Samsung Galaxy s4 Daughter's.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    54
    Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    http://m.androidcentral.com/how-manu...us-android-404
    Here's how to update your nexus s or gnexus to android 4.0.4, it should work because that's how I got ics on my Nexus S in the first place.

    Sent from my Nexus S using HowardForums

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    293
    Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by markj View Post
    yes i can confirm this for my mobi nexus s with 4.0.3...people are saying its cause we have modified our build but im pretty stock...these ICS OTA updates sure are not going smoothly for google...
    Same error message for me. Rampant speculation about causes. I hope someone figures it out soon.

    Did see one post from someone on Wind who got the update to work who said the MMS was fixed. Fingers crossed it works on Mobi too.

    Update: Got it working- rocking 4.0.4
    The issue seems to be that the update doesn't work through the stock recovery.
    Used Clockwork Mod Recovery and it went without a hitch.
    Just sent an MMS over 3g and it seemed to go fine.
    Stoked!!!!!

    Sent from my Nexus S
    Last edited by heccubus; 03-29-2012 at 09:39 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    54
    Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Never mind, this is only for the galaxy nexus, this won't work for nexus s

    Sent from my Nexus S on ICS
    Using HowardForums

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,102
    Phone
    Nexus S
    Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by heccubus View Post
    Same error message for me. Rampant speculation about causes. I hope someone figures it out soon.

    Did see one post from someone on Wind who got the update to work who said the MMS was fixed. Fingers crossed it works on Mobi too.

    Sent from my Nexus S
    ya its supposed to fix mms, battery, launcher, etc...

    the latest from xda is that google has figured out how to block people from doing a manual OTA update and there is pretty much nothing we can do (yes i know i can wipe my phone and install a cust rom, etc - am looking for a solution where i dont loose anything)

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=75

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mississauga, ON
    Posts
    697
    Phone
    HTC Desire HD
    Carrier
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Oh my god this "Pure Google" thing is BS. Waiting more than 3 months+, going on 4 months+ for a proper official ICS release on the Nexus S. And the Samsung Galaxy S II is getting it in April. I had manually installed the update from Google back in December-ish or something like that on the Nexus S. And it ran like molasses and drained the battery.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,604
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I flashed 4.0.4 through CWM and it`s working great for me.
    Personal Plans:
    Plan 1: - Virgin Mobile TBay 45 BYOP

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,121
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by droidacolyte View Post
    Oh my god this "Pure Google" thing is BS. Waiting more than 3 months+, going on 4 months+ for a proper official ICS release on the Nexus S. And the Samsung Galaxy S II is getting it in April. I had manually installed the update from Google back in December-ish or something like that on the Nexus S. And it ran like molasses and drained the battery.
    Yeah Google needs to get it together, no doubt

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    293
    Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Got my update using CWM recovery. Update won't work through stock recovery.

    MMS seems to be fixed and launcher lag problem cured(fingers crossed). Overall a little snappier I think. Need some more time to check it out further.

    FWIW, I'm a complete noob and the update was pretty easy. Didn't need to wipe my phone or anything.

    Sent from my Nexus S running ICS 4.0.4.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 4.0.2 update for the Wind Galaxy Nexus?
    By mathewdp in forum WIND Mobile
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 08:13 PM
  2. Android 2.1 Pre-Update thread for Motorola Droid
    By fleabubble in forum Motorola
    Replies: 757
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 05:27 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 05:01 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 06:39 PM
  5. Updates for Android?
    By Legaleye3000 in forum Android
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 10:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks