Thread: HTC inspire 4g no sim card in phone

Feedback Score

HTC inspire 4g no sim card in phone

i am having an issue with my phone saying no sim card in phone. i was going to use this phone with straight talk and followed all the instructions given by this forum site. but i did it while having the at&t sim card in the phone. when i realized that i dint have the ST sim card in the HTC i quickly traded them out. in the process of this happening somehow all the APNs that i had where erased and now its not reading any of the sim cards i put in the phone even after restoring the apns with the at&t sim card in place. i also did a factory restore on the phone and it is not helping. is there anything i can do manually before sending my phone in to HTC to get it fixed? also now when i go to settings>wireless&networks and try to go to mobile networks it does not give me that option to put in new APNs or anything. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!!!!!

Phones
    Galaxy S II, N900
    HTC One, Iphone 5
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Try a factory reset.

Check the pins that connect to the sim. You may have bent one or got it dirty.

Feedback Score
    Okay so I did all that and was finally able to get it to read my at&t sim. However, when I put in my ST sim and I go to change my apns it does not give me the option of selecting my mobile networks. I can view and change my apns with the at&t sim but not ST. How do I fix this will unlocking it work and if so how do I do that. Someone please help me.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using HowardForums

Phones
    Galaxy S II, N900
    HTC One, Iphone 5
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    If you want to use a different company's SIM, then unlocking is REQUIRED. This may be your whole problem and why you had the previous issues.

To unlock you have a few choices.

1. You can "root" your device and unlock it that way. There are numerous instructions on this if you check Google.

2. You can call/chat with ATT and request a "subsidy unlock code" and they should give it to you free. Just stick your ST sim in and it will request the code. Put in the code and you are live with ST.

Feedback Score
    Thank you very much I will call at&t first and see if this works if not I will try rooting it. However I am a little sceptical about rooting it, just because I am not sure what will happen after. Will it mess with any of the settings or apps I already have? I just don't understand it I guess, can you explain it for me? I will do the work rooting it. I would just like to know a little more about it please.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    I think its locked maybe?