Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help: transfering from sim to microsim + Nokia Lumia 710

Feedback Score
    Couldn't you end up getting a rep who doesn't listen to you and just changes your grandfathered plan? I know how absurd it seems, but I used to have a Chase checking account with a regular debit card. one day I walk into the bank to deposit a check, and my banker that opened the account walked up to me and said "wow you really use the heck out of that debit card! I ordered you a rewards debit card this morning. I know youll just love it". I was pissed because the debit card he ordered me had a $25 annual fee with it. The next week the fee came out on a day when I only had $2 in the account, and it put me in the negative, charging me over draft fees and such. I went to the bank asking for the manager, and they did not make it right. I ended up closing out the account and switching to one of those prepaid debit cards. Point im making is, Don't trust the reps on the phone. ever. always get online afterwards and make sure they didnt mess up your account. Not only would you lose your grandfathered cheap data, you could end up with a slough of pro rated charges and advance monthly fees and such.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I hope you got everything switched over.

I've called them several times already to do SIM swaps to a micro SIM to use in the Lumia 710 for myself and family members. The conversation goes like this: "Hi, I have a new SIM that I would like to use." (they ask for the serial number, I give it to them) "Thanks! That's all I needed help with"

All lines I've called for either have T-Zones or $5 preferred phone first web (Web2Go) and not one rep showed any interest. A couple did offer to 'save me money' by switching plans so I tell them I'll think about it - I already know we're saving money on our current plan!
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Lumia 635, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); LG Mach: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Phone
    Moto X
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post

I've called them several times already to do SIM swaps to a micro SIM to use in the Lumia 710 for myself and family members. The conversation goes like this: "Hi, I have a new SIM that I would like to use." (they ask for the serial number, I give it to them) "Thanks! That's all I needed help with"

All lines I've called for either have T-Zones or $5 preferred phone first web (Web2Go) and not one rep showed any interest. A couple did offer to 'save me money' by switching plans so I tell them I'll think about it - I already know we're saving money on our current plan!
    So it only takes like 5 minutes to get it switched over? Is it easy to get your SIM contacts switched over or is it automatically stored on your tmobile profile.

Feedback Score
    Storing contacts on the SIM is very old school as the SIM doesn't support many fields of info. Tmobile provides contact backup for many of their branded phones. There are plenty of other ways to sync contacts that are superior to SIM.

Phone
    Moto X
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    oh...so you don't store to SIM? I think I chose the method for t-mobile to backup my contacts...in that case it doesn't matter what sim I have right? The contacts will get automatically transferred to the phone that has my phone number?

Phones
    Nokia C7 Belle
    HTC Radar
    Nokia 710
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    SIM transfer assigns a name and a phone number. That's it. no address no email.
    If they have several numbers, you get a duplicate name entry for each phone number they have.
    I just use outlook to keep my contacts. Just about every smartphone can sync to outlook.

Phone
    Moto X
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twinight View Post
    SIM transfer assigns a name and a phone number. That's it. no address no email.
    If they have several numbers, you get a duplicate name entry for each phone number they have.
    I just use outlook to keep my contacts. Just about every smartphone can sync to outlook.
    Oh ok. I don't use outlook much...I used google contacts, but now that i have windows phone 7 i guess i'll have to use windows contacts...or whatever they call it.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post

Yup, got switched over and it was a pretty simple process. Like you, the rep offered to change my web2go data plan for the $20 one, plus he offered the 710 to me for free if I extend my contract, and $10 off my bill for 24 months.

Btw, did you change any APNs on the 710 or left it as it is? I haven't changed anything, and seems to be working fine so far (knockonwood), so wondering if I should just leave it?

Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox View Post
    So it only takes like 5 minutes to get it switched over? Is it easy to get your SIM contacts switched over or is it automatically stored on your tmobile profile.
    Pretty much. By the time I hung up the call, my old SIM was deactivated, and my new microSIM was good to go.
    My Feedback

Condoms, Rose! Condoms! Condoms! Condoms! - Dorothy Zbornak

Phone
    Moto X
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info...i ended up buying a microsim cutter instead. I didn't know that they cut the sim for you free at the stores.

Sent from my Lumia 710 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2