Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DT and Tmobile agrees to buy sprint for $35 billion

Phones
    iPhone 4S 64GB (foreign SIM unlocked)
    Motorola V360 (Unlocked)
    Carrier
    Sprint, Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Actually I wouldn't mind seeing T-Mobile and Sprint enter into an agreement to do a joint build out of an LTE network supported by both.
    --
    I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    Blitz
    Sprint Treo 755 (for sale or trade)
    Carriers
    AT&T
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrodpd View Post
    I don't think sprint has that much to sell now are they in the position to sell any either since they are having to be extremely conservative with what little bit of spectrum they do have. I am dumb founded they are launching LTE on PCS though they should have done it on their 800 band so it would match up with Europe and they won't have to worry about getting phones to work on their high speed data network. And they could also get a ton of revenue from all of the roaming European LTE customers.
    They will start deploying LTE on their 800MHz spectrum in 2013 using LTE Advanced's Carrier Aggregation feature. The handoff between their 1900MHz and 800MHz will be totally seamless. Actually there will not be any handoff in the classical sense of the word. Sprint will be refarming the rest of their 1900MHz holdings for LTE and will also use Clear's 2500MHz network for overflow in places like NYC and San Fran.

Sprint and T-Mobile's spectrum pooling was a bigger possibility before T-Mobile decided to use their 1900MHz for HSPA+ and AWS for LTE. I understand their reasons for doing that and fully agree with them. Sprint could definitely host T-Mobile's AWS LTE network on their Network Vision platform.

Phone
    iPhone 5 32GB, iPad Air 32GB
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
    They will start deploying LTE on their 800MHz spectrum in 2013 using LTE Advanced's Carrier Aggregation feature. The handoff between their 1900MHz and 800MHz will be totally seamless. Actually there will not be any handoff in the classical sense of the word. Sprint will be refarming the rest of their 1900MHz holdings for LTE and will also use Clear's 2500MHz network for overflow in places like NYC and San Fran.

Sprint and T-Mobile's spectrum pooling was a bigger possibility before T-Mobile decided to use their 1900MHz for HSPA+ and AWS for LTE. I understand their reasons for doing that and fully agree with them. Sprint could definitely host T-Mobile's AWS LTE network on their Network Vision platform.
    If they were to do a spectrum sharing thing in a few years it would be a amazing(at least in my market) T-Mobile has like 40MHZ of AWS and then however much sprint has they could get a phone that could incorporate all of the frequencies and use them at once and they could have a true high speed mobile broadband network with incredibly fast speeds in the 100's of MBPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2