Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Smartphone for reception

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Best Smartphone for reception

Hi everyone,I am looking for a new smartphone with great call quality and reception,As of now i'm switching between an lg thrive and a Motorola Tundra for work.The Tundra is a great phone for reception,and i travel alot so thats important to me.Is there any smartphone out there on AT&T that will get reception close to or as good as the Tundra? Thanks for any suggestions.

Phones
    Bag phone
    Iphone 4S
    Droid
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    nope there isn't and the good thing about the Tundra is that it has an antenna port so you can use an external antenna with a cellular amp

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I had a feeling you would say that,I really like the features of a smartphone,but reception is most important to me.I do hope that some day they will build a smartphone with reception as priority,until then ill keep my Tundra and switch to my Thrive when i'm home. thank-you for your help.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've read where the Motorola phones tend to have better radios than the others. I am in a weak signal area, and do pretty good with the Atrix 2.

Phone
    iPhone 4S 64GB, Moto G, SGS III
    Carrier
    MSV 10GB 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Motorola RF is very good, second only to Nokia and the iPhone 4S, in my experience. The 4S breaks the tradition of crappy RF on the iPhone, and seems to get excellent in-building reception. Although it can vary a lot model to model, it seems that Nokia is tops, then Motorola close behind, Samsung is mediocre, but it varies a lot by model, and HTC is dead last, although some of their newer phones are supposed to be better.
    I usually support government regulation, but It is unfortunate that the government over-regulated and killed the AT&T/ T-Mobile Merger
    The best explanation of the pricing nutiness in the industry.
    Why Sprint and T-Mo will always suck.
    The only way to end the pricing insanity is to eliminate contracts and subsidies.
    I want Wifi calling on AT&T.
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm very surprised the 4s has as good rf as a good Motorola,I guess Apple has come a long way,would you recommend an Iphone over an Android ?

Phones
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Nokia N79, e71, e62, 6555, 6126, 6030, 2610
    Moto V3XX, c168, V710
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Ex-Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I have always considered my 4 to have great reception.....with a case on it.
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Carrier
    Cingulatt
    Feedback Score
    Give the new Nokia Lumia 900 a try.

Phone
    Carrier
    MSV 10GB 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by harry_from_vt View Post
    I'm very surprised the 4s has as good rf as a good Motorola,I guess Apple has come a long way,would you recommend an Iphone over an Android ?
    Depends on what you want. There are Android phones with good RF as well.

Phones
    Bag phone
    Iphone 4S
    Droid
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The Iphone 4s gets very average reception compared to the Tundra

Phone
    Carrier
    MSV 10GB 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    The Iphone 4s gets very average reception compared to the Tundra
    The 4S has superb reception. I don't doubt that someone could make even better RF though...

Phone
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    Motorola RF is very good, second only to Nokia and the iPhone 4S, in my experience. The 4S breaks the tradition of crappy RF on the iPhone, and seems to get excellent in-building reception. Although it can vary a lot model to model, it seems that Nokia is tops, then Motorola close behind, Samsung is mediocre, but it varies a lot by model, and HTC is dead last, although some of their newer phones are supposed to be better.
    I had an Atrix 2 for about 4 months and recently switched to the HTC Vivid. The wifi on the Motorola was terrible. Always turned itself off, constantly disconnecting, etc. There are reports similar to mine regarding the Atrix 2 wifi, but I put up with that because I got good cellular reception with the phone. Eventually I got fed up with the virtual inability to use wifi for more than 5 minutes with my Atrix 2. After taking it to a device support center and being told to hard reset it (like I hadn't tried that 15 times already) to fix the wifi problems, I gave up. I decided to buy the HTC Vivid about 40 days ago and since then I have only wondered why I waited so long.

WiFi is much better on the Vivid, cellular reception is on par, if not better, than the Motorola...the Atrix 2 would lose signal every so often in my office. The Vivid has never lost signal.

Phones
    Apple iPhone 4, Sprint Treo 800w
    iPhone 4
    Palm Treo 800W
    Carriers
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    How fringe is your service? I have found that Moto's have typically have been good. I have found that most phones are almost always been better when using hands free for voice.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Not this one.

Carriers
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

My BB 9900 usually has 2-3 more bars than my iphone4 and has never dropped a call. I can't say that at all for my iPhone and the call quality is definitely better not just the bars. Went to att store a couple weeks ago and my bold and there torch were fully loaded the entire time. The 4s along with all the androids had 2-3 bars. Didn't look at the WM phones, I don't think. With 2g my iPhone usually has 1 bar better than my bold . In a all 3G area the BB are better

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast