Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: April 2 2012 - 90 day Suspension Rule New Changes

Feedback Score

Exclamation April 2 2012 - 90 day Suspension Rule New Changes

I have All-In-The-Family plan and have had it on suspension for almost 90 days. I went today to top it up and noticed My All-In-The Family-Plan was changed to pay as you go. Called Wind customer service where I was then transfered to back office that took my payment and reactived my All-In-The-Family plan. Anyone aware of the new changes to the 90day suspension rule?

Feedback Score
    nothing appears to be changed as of yet on WIND's terms of service page .

However it's definitely something worth looking into, I've always suspected the old terms would change as WIND would look for ways to get more and more people off the very lucrative promo plans they first offered.

Phones
    Galaxy Nexus
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wow, can anyone else confirm that this has happened to them?

By Pay as you go, I assume you mean "Pay Your Way"?

djino

Feedback Score
    Yes, for all plans that are grand fathered WIND is beginning to switch them to Pay your way. They are using there TOS of your account must remain in good standing. They will give you back the plan for now if you call in but don't expect this to happen going forward.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileservice View Post
    Yes, for all plans that are grand fathered WIND is beginning to switch them to Pay your way. They are using there TOS of your account must remain in good standing. They will give you back the plan for now if you call in but don't expect this to happen going forward.
    How many days into suspension are they switching to PYW?

I guess it's time to sell my HAITF Infinite Laptop plan then. Was holding off on using it until Wind fixed their slow data speeds in my area.
    Personal Plans:
    Plan 1: - Virgin Mobile TBay 45 BYOP

Feedback Score

Doesn't the term TOS sound like Robellus taking?

I know the deal are good but come on WIND, "Be A Man!"

Don't end up screwing customers because they are a few days late after the due date and then go hide behind the Term and Conditions which basically say they can do what they want to you.
    At least give some firm date so everyone know what to expect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DummyBuy View Post
    Don't end up screwing customers because they are a few days late after the due date and then go hide behind the Term and Conditions which basically say they can do what they want to you.
    At least give some firm date so everyone know what to expect.
    It doesn't make sense. Even if people on the promo plans were abusing it just to save it and missed the top-up period every 90 days, isn't this essentially extra revenue for not servicing a client who has a phone account just sitting there being held until they want to use it?

Weird. You'd think they'd use the TOS to screw over active users into paying more each month to get more out of them. This could just deter the clients suspending these accounts intentionally, away from WIND just for the hell of it.

But I suppose this could help with increasing the ARPU statistics.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icemasta View Post
    How many days into suspension are they switching to PYW?

I guess it's time to sell my HAITF Infinite Laptop plan then. Was holding off on using it until Wind fixed their slow data speeds in my area.
    I have heard it is only being done to customers who have topping up a few bucks to keep their line active for a very long time. So if you don't top up for 2 months straight and but do so for the third month you risk losing your plan. Now this isn't to say it is happening to everyone but only to people who have been using this method to keep their line active for a very long time.

On a side note this has not been communicated with anyone on the front lines, so who knows what is going on truly behind the scenes. We can merely speculate.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have heard it is only being done to customers who have topping up a few bucks to keep their line active for a very long time. So if you don't top up for 2 months straight and but do so for the third month you risk losing your plan. Now this isn't to say it is happening to everyone but only to people who have been using this method to keep their line active for a very long time.

On a side note this has not been communicated with anyone on the front lines, so who knows what is going on truly behind the scenes. We can merely speculate.
    OK thanks for the follow up. I'm one of those that puts the bare minimum to keep the plan alive, I did try to use my Infinite Laptop but Wind's data is very slow in my area. However if we can at this moment get the plan back without any issues that's good news.

Feedback Score
    Since this thread is pretty much to discuss changes happening with WIND I would like to put out 1 more tid bit. As some of you are already aware, unlock codes from WIND will no longer be free. You will be charged 10 for an unlock code for any WIND device as long as your number has been active for longer than 90 days without any interruption.

Feedback Score
    Since this thread is pretty much to discuss changes happening with WIND I would like to put out 1 more tid bit. As some of you are already aware, unlock codes from WIND will no longer be free. You will be charged 10 for an unlock code for any WIND device as long as your number has been active for longer than 90 days without any interruption.
    So same as before +$10. AMAZING DEAL!

Feedback Score
    Is this is effect already or will they start charging customers in the future?

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm beginning to hate all this nickel and diming Wind is beginning to do. Sure I like all the unlimited plans and is a welcome change in the Canadian market but slowly Wind is becoming more like the Big 3 in terms of charging customers all these unnecessary fee's and annoying rules.

We are slowly seeing Wind's true colours and unfortunately it's not going to be as pretty as what they made us to see.

Feedback Score
    I'm beginning to hate all this nickel and diming Wind is beginning to do. Sure I like all the unlimited plans and is a welcome change in the Canadian market but slowly Wind is becoming more like the Big 3 in terms of charging customers all these unnecessary fee's and annoying rules.

We are slowly seeing Wind's true colours and unfortunately it's not going to be as pretty as what they made us to see.
    I'm worried looking south of the border, of what may become of companies like WIND. MetroPCS which offers similar plans and roaming agreements in "away zones" has increased data plans and reduced caps on bandwidth before throttling occurs.
    We should start to expect such changes down the road as they build out or advance the network.

Source: Engadget Mobile

Feedback Score

As soon as Ken Campbell left, WIND had changed. It doesn't seem Tony Lacavera had any interest in shaping WIND to what it was before. They gave Ken Campbell and the older style a chance and it failed.

They will try to retain you in any manor and discourage you leaving them. If they are to offer LTE, TV service, Home Internet, etc, they are going to start charging much more. Expect to see WIND become far more aggressive and it will become another Robellus.

I still believe a WIND-Mobi merger will happen. Mobi being the prepaid low cost carrier battling the likes of Fido and Koodo whereas WIND will be the Robellus targeting the postpaid clientele. Expect to see reps at retail store loose the jeans and t-shirt uniform. They will start wearing proper trousers and branded long sleeve shirts.

I hope Public Mobile survives and remains committed to the lower income market.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast