Phones
    Nokia 2126i
    Samsung R455C
    Motorola Droid X2
    Carrier
    Tracfone on Verizon
    Feedback Score

Calendar Event Alarms acting odd

I'm having trouble with the Calendar Event Alerts. They don't seem to work correctly for me. I don't know if my phone is defective or if it is a flaw in all of the r455c phones.

So I create an event that has a "start time" of today (Sunday) at 4pm and an "end time" of today at 5pm.
    I set "recurrence" to "weekly" so it will go off every Sunday.
    I set "repeat until" to next month's date so it will alarm each week for a month on Sunday.
    I leave "message Alerts" set to "off"
    I set "Alert time" to "1 hour before"
    And Save the event.

I would expect it to alarm at 3pm, which it does.
    I select "veiw event now" and see the event.
    The problem is that it continues to alarm at random times after that, up until 4pm. I clear each alarm, but it comes back, sometimes in 30 seconds, sometimes 18 minutes, or 6 minutes, or 13 minutes, or what ever minutes later.

If I delete that event and start over, this time setting "message Alerts" to "every 2 minutes", it still alarms randomly for the entire preceeding hour, not every 2 minutes like I'd expect.

If someone else could try this on their phone and report back, that would be great. I'm trying to figure out if just my phone is flaky.

Here is another scenario using a non-repeating Event:
    So I create an event that has a "start time" of today at 4pm and an "end time" of today at 5pm.
    I set "recurrence" to "once" so it will only go off today.
    I set "message Alerts" to "every 2 minutes"
    I set "Alert time" to "1 hour before"
    And Save the event.

I would expect it to alarm at 3pm, which it does.
    I select "veiw event now" and see the event.
    The problem is that it never alarms again. I would have expected it to alarm every 2 minutes until the event start time.

So, to recap, when I create a Recurring Calendar Event, the alarm goes off randomly repeatedly during the pre-event alarm time. And when I create a Non-Recurring Calendar Event the alarm only goes off once at the beginning of the pre-event alarm time and never again, no matter what the "Message Alerts" field is set to.

Feedback Score
    Two updates:

1) the speakerphone has finally started working when I hit the button, but I have to hold it so long that I sometimes hit the 1 button for voicemail, dumping the call I was on. Opening the slider seems more reliable.

2) PicoMail appears to be heading around the bend. I'm getting increased error messages that I have the option to ignore, but also increased failures to connect. When I can connect, I can read or delete messages. If I try to reply or send a message, I get error messages about how the SMTP settings are incorrect--I don't know how that's possible, since the program discovered them itself on initial setup.

Overall, this is still a much better phone than the 500G I used to have. I still wish TF had offered the 900G rather than phasing it out through N10, but the R455C will do for now.

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    hey guys.. anyone having problems adding words on the t9 addon feature? I would add a word on and it wouldn't come up. I have tried turning the phone off and on after I add words, but no avail.

Phones
    Nokia 2126i
    Samsung R455C
    Motorola Droid X2
    Carrier
    Tracfone on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stompoutloud View Post
    hey guys.. anyone having problems adding words on the t9 addon feature?
    Adding words to the T9 feature does not work for me either.

Do calendar event alarms work properly for you?

Phones
    Nokia 2126i
    Samsung R455C
    Motorola Droid X2
    Carrier
    Tracfone on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone have any games for this phone that they like?
    Thanks.

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Jz: my calendar events alerts work well for me. T9 is hit or miss. Once in a blue moon, I get a word added here and there.

I get my games from umnet.net or zedge.net

Phones
    Nokia 2126i
    Samsung R455C
    Motorola Droid X2
    Carrier
    Tracfone on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stompoutloud View Post
    Jz: my calendar events alerts work well for me.
    So can you set a weekly repeating event and set it to alarm 1 hour before hand and have it only alarm once an hour before? When I set it up like that, it repeatedly alarms at random times during the entire hour before.

If I just set up a single non-repeating event to alarm an hour before, that works.

I only tried adding about half a dozen T9 words and non of them "took", so I gave up.

Also, is there any one game that you particularly like?
    Thanks.

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Hey Jz: yes, what you described worked on my phone. I have the straight talk plan so not sure if that factors into anything, but it works. Once in a blue moon, repeating 5 days a week alarm that I have set turns off. I see the icon missing so I just check at night and turn it back on. But other than that, it works.

Like I said earlier, I have had several samsung slider phones in the past and the games on there were ok. Nothing fancy. But the ones I have that I play(ed) a lot were...

Splatterhouse
    3d othello
    spin it
    pang 3
    deal or no deal
    zelda mobile
    silent hill mobile
    zuma
    blackjack
    poker
    uno
    most card games are good to install on there

Phones
    Nokia 2126i
    Samsung R455C
    Motorola Droid X2
    Carrier
    Tracfone on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hi Stomp, I don't see any icons for the alarms I'm setting. Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, I'm creating these alarms by adding repeating events to the "calendar" menu, not the "alarm clock" menu.

I go to the "Calendar" menu and hit "add" and create an event that repeats once a week, like Every Monday at 9:00 am for a year. Then tell it to alert me 1 hour before the event. So I get an alarm at 8:00 am. The problem is, I then get another alarm at maybe 8:07 and then another one 8:22 and then again at 8:23 and then again at 8:55. They occur randomly during the entire hour before the meeting, even if I cancel each alarm when it happens. I can't get it to just alert me once on repeating calendar events.

Thanks for the game recommendations, I'm going to go there now and take a look!

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    sorry for the misunderstanding. I think I typed two thoughts in one. basically when I answered your question about the calendar events I said it worked for my phone and that I had straight talk plan.

During that answer, I stated that my alarm clock feature sometimes turns off. Which is the alarm part. Something separate. Sorry, two thoughts in one.

for the games, also go to mobilerated.com I think I found some other games as well. Also, opera mini works for this phone. You might want to download that as well.

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    I got this phone a few days ago and so far so good, except for one odd bit: I set the backlight for the screen and for the keypad to be turned off after 10 seconds. That works for the keypad, but not for the screen -- it's exactly 10 second + 1 minute. The same odd behavior persists if I tried 20 seconds (ends up with 20 seconds + 1 minute) etc. I had two old samsung feature phones and they were not like that at all. Did I get a lemon or do your R455c behave in the same way? What bugs me of course is not the backlight, but that the battery will run out sooner...

THANKS!

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Where can I buy this phone? It's not showing up on the Tracfone website, it's not on eBay, and it's not on Amazon.
    My work Blackberry is with Verizon but I use my T-Mobile phone for my prepaid needs. I was thinking of giving Tracfone a shot and I especially like this phone but I'm having a difficult time finding it online
    over and out.

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    It's on Amazon as of the time of this post and it says In Stock. http://www.amazon.com/Tracfone-Samsu.../dp/B008GSYGT4
    that's not the R455C

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Sorry I jump between too many threads. I'll delete that post if I can.

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    Sorry I jump between too many threads. I'll delete that post if I can.
    no worries.

you got my hopes up there...only to massively disappoint me lol

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast