Thread: What is "com.lge.omadmclient"?

Feedback Score

What is "com.lge.omadmclient"?

So I recently got on the $30/mo 4G plan and am using a program called Onavo to monitor data use. I'm getting warnings of this com.lge.omadmclient coming up a lot (as a data hog).

There are also two programs (FlexProvider and Platform Apps) that have the exact same amount of data use claimed so I assume they are all related.

So what is this stuff?

and would it still likely be there with any of the custom ROMs (I'm using a G2X)?

Feedback Score
    It sounds like Onavo is lumping all system apps together, hence why they have the exact same data usage.

OMA DM is a technology for provisioning cell phones and managing OTA updates. It probably isn't using much data, if any. However, it's probably safe to disable or uninstall it.

Custom ROMs built from the stock ROM will probably include the package, unless the chef has specifically removed it. ROMs built from other sources like AOSP or CyanogenMod probably don't have it.

Feedback Score
    thanks for the help QE2

I have only had this phone for a few days and I will probably wait a week or two before changing ROMs (already rooted). If I remember I'll uninstall those apps (before changing ROMs) and report back how it works.