Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rooting VM Venture

Feedback Score

Rooting VM Venture

I just got one of these guys, and while I think it's decent for what it is, there's a ton of crapware on it I'd like to dump. A Google search for Alcatel or PCD Venture roots brings up nothing. If anyone knows where Ican get info on rooting this sucker, please let me know. Thanks.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, it's brand new, generic, and only sold by one company. And to make matters worse, it's very hard to come by.

Previous phones look like they could be rooted with GingerBreak, or SuperOneClick, but that's all conjecture. l'd wait for custom recovery first, or just steer clear of the phone until somebody with a little more knowledge settles on it.

Phone
    HTC Evo V 4g
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Never even heard of it till now.. and vm venture actually didn't pull up anything except this post in google. This does not bold well for this device as popularity directly coincides with availability of mod tools.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your replies. Well, it's a new addition to the VM arsenal. If you Google Virgin Mobile Venture then it will come up. Although I'm not entirely sure what all this info means, it's listing as such:

Model number adr4045

Android version 2.3.5

Kernal version 2.6.35.7-perf
    keres.kim@m7lab-android6 #2

Software version VM9F_MC421

Hardware version VM9F_4A

Phones
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is this in the phone's settings? How about what's underneath the battery....besides your device's unique identification they usually hide the model number under there.

Feedback Score
    >>How about what's underneath the battery....besides your device's unique identification they usually hide the model number under there.<<

Name:  venturemodel.jpg
Views: 5417
Size:  145.6 KB

Feedback Score
    Re-thinking it all, I decided I'm just returning the Venture for an Optimus V. I thought the real keyboard would be cool in a Blackberry-type of way, but it's not well laid out and very dim compared to the bright white text screen above, making the letters and symbols (backlit, no less) difficult to see.

I figure by now there's readily available roots for the Optimus. It will suck to just have screen-only keyboards, but so be it.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's the JukeB! OMGWTFLOL!

When Virgin Mobile discovered the upcoming (Alcatel) JukeB was being heckled by its users, it disappeared, and was replaced with "news" about the ZTE Chaser and Venture arriving. But the ZTE Venture turned out to be the Alcatel Venture, which, under its shell, was the JukeB we had all been expecting anyway.

Good play, Virgin, good play.
    Last edited by primetechv2; 04-09-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Phones
    Nokia_Lumia_925
    BlackBerry_9310
    Carrier
    AT&T_GoPhone, BoostM
    Feedback Score

First Impressions......

It's a good phone for less than $100. The VM ID packs are a nice addition. The new My Account app is probably something worth looking forward to on future Virgin Mobile Devices.

Very good call quality.
    The speaker is one of the best I have heard on any phone. Pandora and other music streams sound great, this phone has surprised me so far, I was expecting much less from a $99 Android phone.

Most of the Bloatware can be uninstalled with just a few exceptions.

Sent from my Venture using HowardForums
    No Contract means I have all the power. They want me, but they can't have me...

Phones
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Shorty, LG290C, VX5500, S380C, 235C, 440G
    401G
    Carriers
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The one I bought this week has the battery issue, poor resolution, and when I turned it off the screen stayed lit! Plus, I get the dreaded "no service" in my fringe area. OV, Wildfire, Opt Slider all grabbed a signal. Taking mine back. Disappointed, wanted an affordable gingerbread.

Phones
    Nokia_Lumia_925
    BlackBerry_9310
    Carrier
    AT&T_GoPhone, BoostM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indyrunr89 View Post
    The one I bought this week has the battery issue, poor resolution, and when I turned it off the screen stayed lit! Plus, I get the dreaded "no service" in my fringe area. OV, Wildfire, Opt Slider all grabbed a signal. Taking mine back. Disappointed, wanted an affordable gingerbread.
    Any issues with recharging the battery? This one indicates full charge (100%) but when removing from charger it indicates much less...

Sent from my Venture using HowardForums

Phones
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Shorty, LG290C, VX5500, S380C, 235C, 440G
    401G
    Carriers
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post
    Any issues with recharging the battery? This one indicates full charge (100%) but when removing from charger it indicates much less...
    I read somewhere else on HoFo what turned out to be exactly what happened on mine. I plugged the phone in with 16% left on the battery. After 3 seconds of charging the screen reported "48%" full! Reviews everywhere complain about the battery not lasting a day on a charge. My screen issue and this was enough for me to take it back.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I tried this phone out for a few days. I inatalled GoLauncher and customized it exactly how I wanted it, and then right when I was done, the new Virgin ID started downloading automatically, and installed a ton of stupid apps and would no longer let me use GoLauncher. I immediately hated the phone after that

Sent from my VM670 using HowardForums

Phones
    Nokia_Lumia_925
    BlackBerry_9310
    Carrier
    AT&T_GoPhone, BoostM
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HTC Wildfire S: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.29703/27.1573; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Quote Originally Posted by BadCredit1
    I tried this phone out for a few days. I inatalled GoLauncher and customized it exactly how I wanted it, and then right when I was done, the new Virgin ID started downloading automatically, and installed a ton of stupid apps and would no longer let me use GoLauncher. I immediately hated the phone after that

Sent from my VM670 using HowardForums
    Most of the apps. that the VM id packs load can be uninstalled. This phone is too expensive @ $99. With all these little issues, VM should have priced The Venture @ $79. or less.

*edit
    Juice Defender seems to have resolved the battery issue.
    Last edited by vmobi; 04-28-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Feedback Score
    I just got this phone today. Played with it a little and of course began searching for rooting. So the above users identified it as the JukeB. I bought it under the name PCD Venture - for $70 from amazon. I like it so far. Mine is not activated to virgin mobile yet.

I value a real keyboard over just about anything on a phone. I also beat up phones and don't like expensive ones. Its ok phone but you gotta know what your getting. If you have used a higher end Android device you can recently see and feel the lag in simply switching home screens. So don't get this unless you know you are getting the budget phone that uses year old parts.

The only thing that I hate is the FN button is on left ontop of the number keys. Is so hard to type numbers. I need to find a program app etc that lets me switch the FN key and SYM key.

Any idea on how to root / install custom OS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast