Thread: I have searched, but will a droid X from verizon work with straight talk sim card?

Feedback Score

I have searched, but will a droid X from verizon work with straight talk sim card?

From what I have searched online it looks like a Verizon Droid X will not work with the straight talk sim cards, but I wanted to confirm with the experts on this board. Thank you for your help.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Mega
    Carrier
    Straight Talk BYOP
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; MB860 Build/4.5.141) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

No it wont work. The Droid X is CDMA. The Droid X will work on Page Plus Cellular as long as the esn is clean.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The Motorola Droid 3 is the one with a SIM card slot. Verizon has only unlocked it to use the SIM cards of carriers outside of the United States.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    All Droid 3s are global, but there is also a global version of the Droid 2.

The best bet is for the OP to sell the DX and buy an AT&T or T-Mobile compatible phone. It is possible to get both the D2 and D3 working on AT&T, but requires more work than just popping in a new SIM.

I am using a D3 on AT&T. I like the phone a lot, but would not recommend it for those who are not into popping open the hood and fiddling with their phone's system files.

Feedback Score
    Thank you guys, anyone have a good suggestion for a used phone I can buy pretty reasonably to use with the $45 plan?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well, what do you consider a reasonable price, and what features are you looking for?

Feedback Score
    Full touch screen, something that can do internet browsing.

Carrier
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    http://www.engadget.com/motorola/atrix-4g-review/

Sent from my DROIDX using HowardForums
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Feedback Score
    I have been talking to many about the possibilities of using a Verizon Droid with Straight Talk, and one sales rep from Wal Mart said they were told in May, Verizon will be selling a Droid through Straight talk! So, maybe this will become a reality. I do not know if the Droids they sell that work on Sprint will work nearly as good as the ones directly contracted through Sprint as the towers have very limited coverage based on their coverage map. Can anyone verify the Droids that Straight Talk currently sells working out of major cities?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Straight Talk may offer an Android on Verizon service at some point, but I doubt it would be branded as a Droid. If they did, you would probably be limited to the handset(s) they offer, which would likely be low end.

It's nice to think about since VZW has much better coverage than either AT&T or T-Mobile in my area, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JLMOOCHIE View Post
    I have been talking to many about the possibilities of using a Verizon Droid with Straight Talk, and one sales rep from Wal Mart said they were told in May, Verizon will be selling a Droid through Straight talk! So, maybe this will become a reality. I do not know if the Droids they sell that work on Sprint will work nearly as good as the ones directly contracted through Sprint as the towers have very limited coverage based on their coverage map. Can anyone verify the Droids that Straight Talk currently sells working out of major cities?

the droids on straight talk use sprint prepaid (no roaming) the exact same coverage as boost/virgin mobile