Phones
    a lot
    6265i
    nokia 8860
    Carrier
    none
    Feedback Score

aviator How do i remove city ID , daily perks, and other factory apps

I cant figure out how to remove the factory apps like city ID and daily perks. I could on my electrify. I went to the manage apps and there was no uninstall option. There is an uninstall for apps like gas buddy in the same list. Help and please dont tell me uscc took android and locked it. that would suck.
    hardees rules.

Phones
    Motorola Electrify
    Motorola Electrify
    iPhone 4
    Carriers
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cellman2424 View Post
    I cant figure out how to remove the factory apps like city ID and daily perks. I could on my electrify. I went to the manage apps and there was no uninstall option. There is an uninstall for apps like gas buddy in the same list. Help and please dont tell me uscc took android and locked it. that would suck.
    You will have to root it to remove them. Only on some of the phones do they allow removal, but not sure why some do and some don't. Sometimes the first ROM update may allow you to remove them.

See this (Use at your own risk)
    http://www.chargeforums.com/forum/dr...id-charge.html
    Motorola Electrify (Stock..for now)
    HTC Desire rooted with Oxygen ROM
    HTC Touch Pro 2 US Cellular with MightyROM and Android as optional boot

Phone
    Galaxy Note 2 - Prior phones: HTC Hero S, 7 Pro, Desire, Touch Pro, several dumbphones
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clifftrue View Post
    You will have to root it to remove them. Only on some of the phones do they allow removal, but not sure why some do and some don't. Sometimes the first ROM update may allow you to remove them.

See this (Use at your own risk)
    http://www.chargeforums.com/forum/dr...id-charge.html

You have to flash a recovery just to root it? That sounds like a hassle. I've only rooted two Android phones before (a cousin's Droid and my Hero S), but neither required any flashing. I don't know much about Samsung and rooting, but I do find it odd that it requires something that deep.

Phones
    Mez
    Tritan
    UM175US
    Carrier
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    clifftrue: using the charger CWM recovery does not work for us. We have a different kernel layout from the
    charge

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rempala View Post
    clifftrue: using the charger CWM recovery does not work for us. We have a different kernel layout from the
    charge
    This. There is no way to root the Aviator (yet), therefore you wont be able to remove the bloatware...at least easily. There might be a way to adb in and delete the files manually.

Phones
    a lot
    6265i
    nokia 8860
    Carrier
    none
    Feedback Score
    so just because uscc wants me to like city search and daily perks they made it so i can not remove them from MY phone. That is as bad as having the easyedge logo stuck on all the main screens on non smartphones. I looked at the remove program area and there is no option to remove those, there is for angry birds in the same menu. Maybe i will make a folder and hide them.