Thread: iPhone 4S MMS Settings

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

iPhone 4S MMS Settings

Does anyone have a screen shot of how the MMS settings on a iPhone 4s should look like. I put in a spare tmobile sim to gain access to the tab and have changed the settings a few times. It will work for a little while and then it will fail to send the MMS. Everything else works fine.

Any tip on how to make sure the settings stay and what the real settings should be. I have seen at least three different settings listed on the forum and want to see which ones work best. I have a locked ATT 4s running on IOS 5.0.1.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Here is mine. Another thing--I have had mms messages refuse to send several times- get the red circle with an exclamation point. If you will toggle airplane mode on and off, then resend it will go through. Not sure why, but suspect toggling airplane mode resets the data connection, and then it will send. Has happened to me about 4 times in the 2 months I've been on ST.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    You need the mms uaa proof URL its a apple.com something address somebody else on the boards here found it. My iPhones at home but I'll post it later for you if somebody else doesn't first. That proof URL fixed mms for mine and my son's iPhones anyways.

Sent from my C771 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    This is what your settings should look like. Fill in the fields on your iPhone as follows:

Cellular Data
    APN: att.mvno
    Username:
    Password:

MMS
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com:80
    MMS Max Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

The number you have for the mms proxy is fine both go to the same place just add the MMS UA Prof URL and MMS should work then,

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bbjr1964 View Post
    This is what your settings should look like. Fill in the fields on your iPhone as follows:

Cellular Data
    Username:
    Password:

MMS
    Username:
    Password:

The number you have for the mms proxy is fine both go to the same place just add the MMS UA Prof URL and MMS should work then,
    What does that mms UA prof URL do? I've never seen it on any of the APN settings I've seen, haven't had that on men for the 2 months I've been on ST, and had no major problems with MMS except those listed above.

Feedback Score
    Thats what fixed mms for me anyways on 2 iPhone 4. Somebody else had it posted and I tried it. Fixed Pic and video messages. They always failed to send until I tried adding the proof URL never failed since on mine or my son's iPhone 4. We are both on iOS 5.0.1 jail broke with red snow and apn settings modified with tetherme from cydia.

Feedback Score

iPhone 4 MMS

Does the phone have to be jailbreak in order for mms to work?..
    Or can I just enter the information you gave for the APN settings and it will work anyways without jailbreaking?

Feedback Score
    No the iPhone does not need to be unlocked if your using the T-mobile sim trick. Mine works great and I didn't unlock it. The T-mobile swap can be a bit tricky but if done right, your golden. Mines been working for months now.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    If you Google (straight talk iPhone wiki) you will see 3 different ways to do this ... I chose the path of editing the system files ... took 10 mins .. but if u know someone with a T-Mobile sim u can borrow , just do that

Edit: just saw u have a t-sim ... silly me

Sent from my SGH-I997 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bbjr1964 View Post

Cellular Data
    Username:
    Password:

MMS
    Username:
    Password:

Your URL for MMS Proxy translates to 66.209.11.32 which ends in 32 instead of 33 as all other references I've seen?
    Pete