Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: PreMature Proof that LEAP is Dumping Cricket or the Course is already pegged.

Feedback Score
    down to $4.78 today. Wondering if this decline will stop.
    My HTC Moguls's speed test signal with Cricket EVDO Tests in 2007.
    Cricket throttles their network and I only get 300k now

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nTranced View Post
    down to $4.78 today. Wondering if this decline will stop.
    Nope, it went down to 4.68, Eff it let it all fall, tired of lies, corruption, incompetence and deceit.. Spread the message.. Its a Fire Sale.. Dump the stock.. Pass it on.
    Last edited by reddragonprodz; 05-05-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Feedback Score
    I see a good possibility of a hostile takeover

Feedback Score
    LOL, they just made all the employees re sign the ethics and non compete forms within the last 2 days. Thats a really sad way to end a persons career. So lets say they tank and start to lay everyone off. Your screwed if you try to apply at another carrier and they find out. I know companies that actually reward people for reporting violators that get hired on at other wireless companies. I wouldn't be surprised if they notified the HR depts of the other wireless companies of the agreements terms.

Translated into what they are really wanting to say in that contract

"WE suck really bad and fail as a business. We hate that you are a good sales rep that stuck this long with such a crap carrier that we are going to throw a roadblock in your carrier for the next 5 years if you ever leave or get laid off as we downsize. You are a very good sales rep and just because of that we dont ever want to see you selling phones for any other carrier because it takes away from the money that we never really made in the first place. So suck it, we have lawyers - Cricket"

Phones
    iPhone 5 16GB
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    LOL, they just made all the employees re sign the ethics and non compete forms within the last 2 days. Thats a really sad way to end a persons career. So lets say they tank and start to lay everyone off. Your screwed if you try to apply at another carrier and they find out. I know companies that actually reward people for reporting violators that get hired on at other wireless companies. I wouldn't be surprised if they notified the HR depts of the other wireless companies of the agreements terms.

Translated into what they are really wanting to say in that contract

"WE suck really bad and fail as a business. We hate that you are a good sales rep that stuck this long with such a crap carrier that we are going to throw a roadblock in your carrier for the next 5 years if you ever leave or get laid off as we downsize. You are a very good sales rep and just because of that we dont ever want to see you selling phones for any other carrier because it takes away from the money that we never really made in the first place. So suck it, we have lawyers - Cricket"
    Non compete agreements are very difficult to enforce. Most courts won't even hear the case for a lower level employee like a store manager or sales rep. Directors and up are much more likely to see threats. It's executives that will actually get their new company sued, but even then most suits never amount to anything.

These agreements are more about scaring their staff into staying, because Leap is aware that the rats are fleeing the ships. I left Cricket in September and since then my entire staff of 7 has followed suit... It is very expensive to replace good talent and even more expensive when you are experiencing massive turnover, as they are now. You get hit with the cost of recruiting and training new talent as well as the lost productivity as the stores suffer the lowered manpower. Not only that, but more people are encouraged to leave due to the poor working conditions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleMac View Post
    Non compete agreements are very difficult to enforce. Most courts won't even hear the case for a lower level employee like a store manager or sales rep. Directors and up are much more likely to see threats. It's executives that will actually get their new company sued, but even then most suits never amount to anything.

These agreements are more about scaring their staff into staying, because Leap is aware that the rats are fleeing the ships. I left Cricket in September and since then my entire staff of 7 has followed suit... It is very expensive to replace good talent and even more expensive when you are experiencing massive turnover, as they are now. You get hit with the cost of recruiting and training new talent as well as the lost productivity as the stores suffer the lowered manpower. Not only that, but more people are encouraged to leave due to the poor working conditions.
    What trainings? Oh you mean the little 1980s themed school slides that has to been done through the internal systems LOL. Cricket trains by torch based, one person teaches another and etc.. But they don't realize every time there is a change in management, when you teach someone the copy gets weaker and weaker and weaker until you have a total incompetent worker.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reddragonprodz View Post
    What trainings? Oh you mean the little 1980s themed school slides that has to been done through the internal systems LOL. Cricket trains by torch based, one person teaches another and etc.. But they don't realize every time there is a change in management, when you teach someone the copy gets weaker and weaker and weaker until you have a total incompetent worker.
    The biggest issue is too much management and too little technical support. They want to sell products and not shell out even a penny to support them.... Its costing them dearly in lack of customer feedback and sales.

Who wants to stay with a company that farms everything out including their own internal IT.

They only care about profits at this point. The sad thing is that they fail to realize that the customer is the first part of making the money. If you burn them they go and take your profits with them. I say let them tank and let the world use them as an example of how NOT to run a wireless company.

BTW, I used to train the local reps and make guides for programming flashed phones but they said it took too much time and they'd rather see me just selling their phones rather than supporting flashed handsets.

Phones
    iPhone 5 16GB
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The biggest issue is too much management and too little technical support. They want to sell products and not shell out even a penny to support them.... Its costing them dearly in lack of customer feedback and sales.

Who wants to stay with a company that farms everything out including their own internal IT.

They only care about profits at this point. The sad thing is that they fail to realize that the customer is the first part of making the money. If you burn them they go and take your profits with them. I say let them tank and let the world use them as an example of how NOT to run a wireless company.

BTW, I used to train the local reps and make guides for programming flashed phones but they said it took too much time and they'd rather see me just selling their phones rather than supporting flashed handsets.
    Some markets made their sales goals by softly selling flashed phones. That's nuts!

As far as training goes you and reddragon are right. Cricket would hire people in Chicago and send them right to the store. Orientation would be a half day class that often occurred 3 months later. Actual classroom training could be as long as a year later. They truly relied on computer based training, but we all know people click through those as quickly as possible so they can get it over with.

Feedback Score
    Looks like they plan on raising prices and making new data teirs to offset losses due to poor service. smart move retards.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2012/05/...lans-ceo-says/

Phones
    iPhone 5 16GB
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Looks like they plan on raising prices and making new data teirs to offset losses due to poor service. smart move retards.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2012/05/...lans-ceo-says/
    Ok, so for $55 a month I get 1 GB of Cricket "high speed" Internet paying full retail for my device. For $59.99 a month I get unlimited talk text and 2 GB of wicked fast high speed data also paying full retail for my device.

The problem is that Crickets high. Speed Internet, at least in Chicago, is about 400Kbps at its best. T-Mobile, again in Chicago, gets around 4.5 Gbps.

Why on earth wouldn't I pay $4.99 more for T-Mobile?

BTW that's T-Mobile contract. I can get unlimited talk and text + 2GB of the same high speed data for $60 on regular T-Mobile prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleMac View Post
    Ok, so for $55 a month I get 1 GB of Cricket "high speed" Internet paying full retail for my device. For $59.99 a month I get unlimited talk text and 2 GB of wicked fast high speed data also paying full retail for my device.

The problem is that Crickets high. Speed Internet, at least in Chicago, is about 400Kbps at its best. T-Mobile, again in Chicago, gets around 4.5 Gbps.

Why on earth wouldn't I pay $4.99 more for T-Mobile?

BTW that's T-Mobile contract. I can get unlimited talk and text + 2GB of the same high speed data for $60 on regular T-Mobile prepaid.
    Thats the same crap speed everywhere due to epic failures in crickets network infrastructure and has NOTHING to do with spectrum like all the carriers are *****ing about. The sad thing is that the cellular hardware in place is capable of far more, its just they dont want to pay local ISP's for any more bandwidth.

The truth of the matter is this. The spectrum shortage is just one big massive fraud being used by wireless companies as an excuse to hike rates. Its also a BS excuse for throttling services when in reality the biggest issue is the wireless companies are using as little of a pipe as possible between the cell site and the switch. I know this and wish some ex switch employee would chime in and provide proof of this.

I work for an ISP that provides services to cricket's cell sites, some of these "so called EVDO" towers only have single T1's and they are usually pegged out on usage and realistically need an OC-1 to handle the traffic they see. Carriers just need to suck it up and buy bigger connection from switch to cell site instead of playing scare tactics like the damned oil companies. This tactic will backfire horribly once the media sees what they are trying to pull.

On a side note, apparently Cricket's been in talks with not only T-Mo and Sprint, but AT&T as well. Sounds like someone trying to desperately find a sucker to dump this company onto.

PROOF

http://discussions.chicagotribune.co...nn-20120510/10

Feedback Score
    Ya the AT&T thing was a rumor, but I do see a Sprint pick up cause the board member rejected the buy of MetroPCS, I think they rather focus on LEAP because of what you have spoken about and (+) Leap is nationwide as it is and also have Box Sets ready on a lot of Retail space versus Metro that is only rural and haven't expanded in those areas. In the side note with LEAP bleeding money it will be easier for Sprint to negotiate a better price.

Feedback Score
    I bet you the stock jumps to around 6.50-7.00 over that rumor sent out by someone on the board trying to boost stock prices and throw people off from whats really going on.

Its just someone on the inside trying to make a quick buck on stocks by reporting hear say to manipulate stock prices.

Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score

On a side note, apparently Cricket's been in talks with not only T-Mo and Sprint, but AT&T as well. Sounds like someone trying to desperately find a sucker to dump this company onto.

http://discussions.chicagotribune.co...nn-20120510/10
    I remember Cricket saying the same thing years ago trying to get Metro to pay more money to acquire them. But it backfired big time. Cricket and Metro could have merged and became the 5th largest carrier if it wasn't for Cricket's greed.

Now that SIMple Mobile has been bought out and Metro now in talks with T-Mobile, Cricket has very few options as to who can take over it. If Cricket had an LTE network like Metro has started, maybe then they could be a possibility for AT&T or T-Mobile. But with all of the trouble that getting a bunch of CDMA customers to switch to GSM, it would not be worth it. It could be the same nightmare that Sprint Nextel was for a long time.

Sprint's position is clear. They want Boost and Virgin to have a strong 2Q and crush Cricket. They feel that offering the Evo on both will be a game changer for them. Cricket can play games if it wants to, but everyone else is smelling blood in the water and will pick apart Cricket for as little money as possible. I just hope the big wigs that help cause this mess won't get away with golden parachutes while the little guys suffer.

Los Angeles - San Diego, CA / St. Albans, VT
    Phones
    RIM BlackBerry Q10
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carriers
    Pacific Bell Wireless / T-Mobile USA / MetroPCS
    Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    I work for an ISP that provides services to cricket's cell sites, some of these "so called EVDO" towers only have single T1's and they are usually pegged out on usage and realistically need an OC-1 to handle the traffic they see. Carriers just need to suck it up and buy bigger connection from switch to cell site instead of playing scare tactics like the damned oil companies.
    Wireless carriers like all profit motivated organizations aren't going to just suck it up and pay more for bandwidth. When Cricket decides go from a T1 to OC-1 on their sites, they will do it and pass any related costs to people like you and me.

Same deal with the people who I know who actually own their own business, they aren't going to suck it up without making you pay for it. What more kinck knacks? Cool stuff on your product? We can do that.. cha ching!

I bet the local ISP you work for has to pass on any additional costs of utilities to the clients you serve, whether your company decides to upgrade its own bandwidth or your providers raised prices on their own.

Want a super sized SUV? No problem, just pony up the ca$h.
    Want more options or bling in your super sized SUV? Pony up the ca$h.
    The dealer isn't going to suck it up and give it to you without additional payment.

Under our current economic system, nobody is going suck it up for super sized portions without passing the costs downstream.
    Last edited by i0wnj00; 05-11-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast