Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recommendation for first time smartphone

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed23 View Post
    So you are saying I can get a Droid Bionic, right? OK, I'll give it a try, buy one from a place that will give me a 30-day return period. I was about to get a Droid A855 which is the only, or close to it, Verizon phone which does not have software which will disable it if you try to use it after unlocking. FYI Cellunlocker.com tells me very few Verizon phones are unlockable, among them:

"Droid 2 Global - A956
    Droid 3 - XT862
    Droid Pro - XT610

Please note that for this particular phone models, once you unlock it you can only use networks outside of U.S."

Thanks!
    What I do know is that if you get a Thunderbolt, Revolution, Xperia Play, Droid 3, Bionic, etc. (All Verizon phones, can be found on CowBoom for cheap) and activate it on Page Plus the wouldn't be a need to unlock it because being Verizon's MVNO, Page Plus uses Verizon's towers. If you wanted to use the phones outside of the US you would have to buy unlocked versions of them as Verizon doesn't their global phones to be unlocked to non-Verizon US networks.

If you get the Droid 2 Global, Droid 3, or Droid Pro, you'd have to unlock them to use them outside of the US, but you wouldn't have to unlock them to use them on Page Plus.

Got it?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ...if you wanted to use those phones on Cricket, MetroPCS, etc. you would have to get the phone flashed to that carrier. That's how Verizon phone work. There have recently been some tutorials on how to get some of Verizon's latest offerings on AT&T via hacking, which I know nothing of. Nevertheless, if you're interested in having a cheap bill without a data plan, using a Verizon phone on Page Plus is the way to go.

Just buy the VZW, take it to Page Plus, then have them activate it; no need for unlocking.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    I bought a Verizon Droid Bionic XT875 4GLTE like new for $275 with a 60-day return period; The seller told me today PP doesn't support 4G. But one Page Plus rep said if I'd give them the IMEI PP could activate it but I'd have to program it manually so it would work. Another thread gives instructions on how to do it (http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...ion#Motorola); plus Google finds results ( http://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=....,cf.osb&cad=b ) One of these threads said I'd need to get a 4GLTE sim card.

So: May I ask if anyone has experience activating a 4G on PP? Also where would I get a 4GLTE sim card, if that is necessary to activate (even though PP doesn't use sim cards)? And to anyone using a Droid Bionic, what model is it? Maybe pre-4Gs don' run into these problems.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2